Question about DCS serials and Steam

Hi All,

It seems that Steam has now seen 2 different 'warthogs':

• The original standalone product
  • The new DLC for the free 'DCS world'

I bought the original stand-alone product, which was only ever updated to 1.1.1.1 via Steam. Then I used the same serial number that I got from Steam to activate the newer version from DCS.com and stopped using my Steam version.

I also bought a serial for Black Shark 2, P51 and UH-1 via DCS.com

Is it possible to use the serial number that I already bought ages ago for Warthog (on Steam) and my existing serials for other modules, with the Steam installation of DCS world and its modules?

I tried 'Activate a product on Steam' but.. does that ever work? :P

I guess this is a common question... Does anyone have any idea or is there official announcements from ED?

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

Hi All,

It seems that Steam has now seen 2 different 'warthogs':

• The original standalone product
  • The new DLC for the free 'DCS world'

I bought the original stand-alone product, which was only ever updated to 1.1.1.1 via Steam. Then I used the same serial number that I got from Steam to activate the newer version from DCS.com and stopped using my Steam version.

I also bought a serial for Black Shark 2, P51 and UH-1 via DCS.com

Is it possible to use the serial number that I already bought ages ago for Warthog (on Steam) and my existing serials for other modules, with the Steam installation of DCS world and its modules?

I tried 'Activate a product on Steam' but.. does that ever work? :P

I guess this is a common question... Does anyone have any idea or is there official announcements from ED?

Note:

If you Download DCSW on Steam and Have Previously Bought A-10C 1.1.1.1 on Steam, it will automatically Add A-10C DLC to your DCS World DLC Licenses with a New License Key.

Everything else should work Except:

Black Shark 2 UPGRADE

Flaming Cliffs 3 *(except the certain region).

UH-1H Should Work, when Steam merges the Keys into their database.

P-51, A-10C, CA etc should all work already,

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have another question about keys. I have DCS World and A-10C installed without steam and today I bought BS2 and Huey by steam.

How can I install or get keys from steam to my DCSW? On Steam, DLCs don't show up on my games library.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Thanks SkateZilla for the reply

Indeed, I notice now that if I visit the store page for 'A-10 Warthog DLC', it states I already own it (cool!)

And also, I just activated my Black Shark 2 key on steam, so that should work if I install it.

Seems that the P51 And Huey keys don't work yet though.. They are a different format with no dashes, maybe a different key database...?

Once I can activate everything on Steam, it will be the way to go in the future :)

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

I have another question about keys. I have DCS World and A-10C installed without steam and today I bought BS2 and Huey by steam.

How can I install or get keys from steam to my DCSW? On Steam, DLCs don't show up on my games library.

Right click on DCS:W and click on "show keys" or something similar. All keys from different DLCs will be there.

Thanks SkateZilla for the reply

Indeed, I notice now that if I visit the store page for 'A-10 Warthog DLC', it states I already own it (cool!)

And also, I just activated my Black Shark 2 key on steam, so that should work if I install it.

Seems that the P51 And Huey keys don't work yet though.. They are a different format with no dashes, maybe a different key database...?

Once I can activate everything on Steam, it will be the way to go in the future :)

To Retrieve Steam Keys from DCSW:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1866933&postcount=91

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs