Noob Friendly Server?

CmdrMoros

The playground is the most fun ive had in a while in online servers hovering over newbies in the P-51 and what not. With Flaming Cliffs 3 coming out there will be some more longer term playground servers going up to test you abilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

Check out the firehouse too there OP... we run one pretty consistently 24/7- a good variety of missions and our regular compliment of enthusiasts are pretty excited to help others in their efforts learning the finer points of the sim. We've had to duck into LAN mode recently because of connectivity issues- but we're there.

TS3 is VERY, VERY helpful in the MP environment- but to get on ours you need to be a registered member of SimHQ. Not coincidentally if you're looking for the IP, it can be found there as well. The server is protected by servman so we're able to leave it open. Generally, we have a pretty good experience and aren't affected by smacktards very often.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

It really depends on how crazy you want to get. But for the most realism you could always join a virtual wing. Many offer varied levels of training. I looked for one once I had the basics down of how to start the jet and take off and land.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Hi. Thanks for all the helpful information. I would most definitely like to join a squad at some point. On another note here, I am only seeing a small hand full of servers on the list, could my firewall be blocking others out? And most of the servers are locked when I try to go and play. Will look into it.

I have looked into simhq and will sign up. I have TS3 installed and configured. Thanks a lot.

Yes, watch for training or free flight missions to be served. They come and go.

Just started STP Server Nr IX again...it is a Training and Free flight map (WIP) :pilotfly:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Hi. Thanks for all the helpful information. I would most definitely like to join a squad at some point. On another note here, I am only seeing a small hand full of servers on the list, could my firewall be blocking others out? And most of the servers are locked when I try to go and play. Will look into it.

I have looked into simhq and will sign up. I have TS3 installed and configured. Thanks a lot.

make sure to run the updater one time a day at minimum. I´d recommend to go there via Start / All programs / Eagle dynamics / DCS World / updater.exe. It is because it may happen that the shortcut will start the current gameversion, but wont run the update although a new version is available.

If you got only a few servers on the list, so either there are simply no more online, or you are runninmg an outdated version of the game.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

make sure to run the updater one time a day at minimum. I´d recommend to go there via Start / All programs / Eagle dynamics / DCS World / updater.exe. It is because it may happen that the shortcut will start the current gameversion, but wont run the update although a new version is available.

If you got only a few servers on the list, so either there are simply no more online, or you are runninmg an outdated version of the game.

Does that happen only if you launch directly into Multiplayer? I've always had the updater popup when launching singleplayer :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

Does that happen only if you launch directly into Multiplayer? I've always had the updater popup when launching singleplayer :huh:

The update process will be indicated by running the updater.exe only. The MP and SP are equeal to each other according to the Game version. If you´r gameversion is 1.2.1.6288 then it is for SP as well as it is for MP. So in order to provide the current MP gameversion you need to run the updater.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

The update process will be indicated by running the updater.exe only. The MP and SP are equeal to each other according to the Game version. If you´r gameversion is 1.2.1.6288 then it is for SP as well as it is for MP. So in order to provide the current MP gameversion you need to run the updater.

Thank you! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

Check out the firehouse too there OP... we run one pretty consistently 24/7- a good variety of missions and our regular compliment of enthusiasts are pretty excited to help others in their efforts learning the finer points of the sim. We've had to duck into LAN mode recently because of connectivity issues- but we're there.

TS3 is VERY, VERY helpful in the MP environment- but to get on ours you need to be a registered member of SimHQ. Not coincidentally if you're looking for the IP, it can be found there as well. The server is protected by servman so we're able to leave it open. Generally, we have a pretty good experience and aren't affected by smacktards very often.

Hi Eno. I have registered and was approved over @ SimHQ. Now, are you guys using the public or private TS, and what time is a good time to try and catch you? Thanks a lot.

Hi there. I was wondering if there are any noob friendly servers to fly on in multiplayer? Im still going through training missions and going over them again. Anyway just thought that I would ask. Thanks in advance.

First of all - these training missions are REALLY REALLY good. Once you have done them 3-10 times (I did the start up 10 times at least, now I am very comfortable with starting up the aircraft and understanding the systems, fixing errors etc.) you will be very familiar with the plane. :)

Online:

Your best bet really is to look for groups like the Spare Time Pilots or Flight Sim Fanatics. There are several of those on the internet, check the signatures of users in this forum. Go on their forums, register, say hi, grab the TS and server data and fly with these folks. It's a bit of work, not just "hop in and done" but it's the best way to get to know new people and have good fun. That's how I did it and the results are great. :)

[...]flight-sim-fanatics. [...]

Very cool people, check em out. :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Online:

Your best bet really is to look for groups like the Spare Time Pilots or Flight Sim Fanatics. There are several of those on the internet, check the signatures of users in this forum. Go on their forums, register, say hi, grab the TS and server data and fly with these folks. It's a bit of work, not just "hop in and done" but it's the best way to get to know new people and have good fun. That's how I did it and the results are great. :)

very true, and you earned a +1 for this :thumbup:

stop by at the Spare time Pilots and say hi, we are all a little crazy and funny guys and the main task is having fun. No rank orders or any other military forced bahviour. If yiou´ve got some questions, so you always will find someone who will help you.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

"Noob tuesdays"

I really start to think about a kind of flightschool, where one can learn specific things and earn awards and medals :D

The awards and medals are a joke, but the rest...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection