TM warthog stick not working

fael097

Hey, so I finally bought my rift and the warthog hotas, brought it all the way from LA to brazil through airport security and all, to get home and find that the stick isn't working. its recognized on windows, says "device is ok" but it doesnt recognize any button presses or axis input. throttle works fine.

the stick is well conected to the base, i tried a few things i found online such as firmware update, disabling xHCI on bios but nothing works. tried connecting it to an older computer, but same problem.

I bought from a local fry's electronics, only place that had it in stock, box was pretty worn and now I'm afraid it was a return of a DOA product.

really cant really return it, and sending it to support would be quite expensive, so I need help.

already contacted TM so I'm waiting on their reply but any help is appreciated.

thanks

Rafael

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

update: if I do the procedure to star the joystick in bootloader mode (plug the joystick into usb while holding trigger and pickle) it does start in bootloader mode, so I think that means the buttons are not dead, no severed cables or dead chips. probably a good sign right? so it has to be a software / drivers / usb issue or something.

gonna keep trying and waiting for TM tech support, but meanwhile I could use any help.

some folks from some posts I found online mentioned removing some registry stuff, but couldn't find what it is

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

just got a reply from thrustmaster, it's a defective hardware. great. they told me to go to the store I bought it to have it replaced. I bought it from fry's electronics in manhattan beach, california, and brougth it to brazil, so.

there are some signs of wear, so it was probably a returned DOA product put back into the shelf and now I'm screwed. guess that's it for me, flight sim has got me throwing enough money into the trash already

Rafael

Sorry to hear . But don't give up . Whatever the effort it takes to get there , DCS is so good , it will take your breath away .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

just got a reply from thrustmaster, it's a defective hardware. great. they told me to go to the store I bought it to have it replaced. I bought it from fry's electronics in manhattan beach, california, and brougth it to brazil, so.

there are some signs of wear, so it was probably a returned DOA product put back into the shelf and now I'm screwed. guess that's it for me, flight sim has got me throwing enough money into the trash already

You should contact Frys and get an RMA. shipping will be cheaper than replacing the TM. If it was an open/return product, there are clear stickers on it. So it's a case of caveat emptor.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I finally managed to fix it.

the helpful people at thrustmaster understood the situation and offered to send me an extra pcb so I could replace it myself, but thankfully it wasn't needed.

so the problem is that the pcb of the base of the stick had some pointy solders and they were touching a screw. I trimmed the solder tips and put an electrical tape over the screw and that fixed it. now it works like a charm

Rafael

I finally managed to fix it.

the helpful people at thrustmaster understood the situation and offered to send me an extra pcb so I could replace it myself, but thankfully it wasn't needed.

so the problem is that the pcb of the base of the stick had some pointy solders and they were touching a screw. I trimmed the solder tips and put an electrical tape over the screw and that fixed it. now it works like a charm

Glad it wasn't too bad of a fix.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1