Would you pay for skins?

Marcq

I would also, but they would have to be quite inexpensive, say no more than US$ 1 per skin :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I agree cost would factor in and if it was a custom skin like I would like one for the huey with the 48rqs’ patch on the nose, my last name on the pilot door being able to specifically design what’s what like tail number etc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I agree cost would factor in and if it was a custom skin like I would like one for the huey with the 48rqs’ patch on the nose, my last name on the pilot door being able to specifically design what’s what like tail number etc

Exactly, because we all like the outside view :music_whistling:

Marc..

I would. There is some nice free one out there but not many

I would spend money right now on skins but not on modules

Marc..

They are all Free, because without an Agreement w/ ED, it's not possible to sell them, or even protect them for that matter.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I would pay for nose art depicting my wife & her name-might make that 1070 upgrade a little easier to get :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

They are all Free, because without an Agreement w/ ED, it's not possible to sell them, or even protect them for that matter.

I was more thinking about ED selling skins, just another product to offer, like T-Shirts, hats

I was at Miramar air show this weekend, I'm sure if I could have wear a ED t-shirt at that event I would have met I'm sure some with the same interests

Marc..

Edited by Marcq

I would for something I specifically wanted, given there is a lot of work involved just looking at skins for aircraft that I have seen. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

No, some of the modules don't come with enough skins as it is. I don't think we need to make it worse lol.

I'm pretty sure the Gazelle was operated by 26 different countries for example, but we got like 5 or 6 skins representing different countries in the module, including a fictional user. Nobody has made skins for the other countries that weren't included either, which is bizarre also.

But I don't get it, your saying there's not enough skins in different modules and yet against creating more at a price?

Marc..

As a skin maker who contributed with 50+ skins or more I say no. The more people use a skin the better, let's not monetize it, as others have said. I've spent hundreds of hours on these skins, the only reward being kind feedback from users and seeing them in screenshots and videos - and this is all I wish for. Optional donations could maybe work, but it's currently against the agreement, so that's not up for discussion. I'm just glad we have the texture templates and we can create whatever paintjob we wish. I could never create a skin without those.

Nope, wouldnt pay for extra skins.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Negative!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.