ASW 2.0 DCS Support! NineLine, you have been called out to pass message

hannibal

Can anyone confirm ASW 2.0 is working currently?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Well let’s hope ASW goes the way of the dinosaurs or even better give us a way to disable this useless code and allow people with a decent rig to enjoy the VR experience.

If you do crazy things like reading instructions then you can do things like turning off ASW.

If you do crazy things like reading instructions then you can do things like turning off ASW.

:thumbup:

I never use ASW in my flight sims.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup:

I never use ASW in my flight sims.

Yup. While ASW 2.0 does feel a bit smoother for me, there are still too many artefacts in DCS.

Hopefully if DCS exposes depth info to the Oculus API, those artefacts will improve.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Mate if you could share your knowledge I would appreciate it, I have been trying for 3 months to turn this ASW off with no luck, from registry hacks to tray tools to third party apps with no luck only to find out that oculus software has a bug that won’t allow it to be disabled.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/1.16/concepts/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Don't worry about the registry editing BS in the link, the Control-Numpad(x) commands at the bottom work while you're in VR in DCS. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Mate if you could share your knowledge I would appreciate it, I have been trying for 3 months to turn this ASW off with no luck, from registry hacks to tray tools to third party apps with no luck only to find out that oculus software has a bug that won’t allow it to be disabled.

Turns off just fine for me using Oculus Tray Tool.

Also works for me with using the key combos on keyboard.

Cannot explain why it would not for you.

I am using the 1.37 PTC now, but it has always worked for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I’m not the only one having this issue, tray tool says it’s off but it still remains on, 90fps in loading menus and always 45fps in game play with an extreme high end PC. Very disappointing

There are other means to tell wether it is on or off. Even though FPS are sometimes stuck at 45 you can clearly see the difference. Your real problem is that you either misinterpret what you are seeing or not provide enough information.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Doesn't matter what you set it too.

Even if you set it to off manually through debug tools or not.

If the oculus runtime service see that the rendering\processing side of things doesn't have enough headroom to consistently stay high enough, it will trigger ASW regardless.

And this is a good thing, you much rather want this on rather than not.

Considering how this game is process limited with other hangups in code etc.

There is no way you will play in VR and not need interpolation.

Once we get the promised boost, you might be able to get 90fps native if you got a newer rig with about 5ghz processing speed and 1080ti\2080ti.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I’m not the only one having this issue, I’m stuck on 90fps in game menus and always (never changes) 45fps In game. On an extremely high end PC. Tool tray says it’s off but it remains on. My PC is more then capable.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238618

Just one example. It is definitely not a general problem to turn ASW off. It appears like FPS are stuck to 45 even if they could be a bit higher (say ~60) but above that you should see a difference.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Ok cheers for the info guys, I’ve heard there’s VR improvements coming soon so fingers crossed:) it seems like to me that 45fps seems the games “go to point” in the rift with or without ASW. I still get very very smooth game play at 45 so I guess I shouldn’t complain:-)

Edited by TinPony

Easiest way to tell if ASW is working or not, is to move your head in cockpit sideways (don't rotate). If the gauges blur, ASW is off. If the instruments in the cockpit remain sharp, then ASW is working or you're the lucky sod that runs DCS at 90 fps.

Even if ASW is off, there's basic warping algorithm (ATW) that is always on. While it permits higher frame rates, between ~60 fps and 90 fps, if the FPS is close to 45 it still caps the framerate, at least that's what DCS fps counter is showing. So you can have ASW disabled, but you'll still see 45 fps if your PC can't generate the FPS above 60 or so.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro