Drop tank and pylon names for the .lua file

39th_Bloke

I've been wanting to reskin the recently added drop tanks and pylons for the spit to match some of my liveries, unfortunately I've been unable to find anywhere what terms to use in the .lua file to replace them.

Through trail and error (looking through the texture folder, ect.) I've been able to work out the term for the pylons and the slipper tank which are "Spitfire_pilons" and "tank_3" respectively.

The torpedo tank however has proven very difficult to figure out, as it doesn't seem to match the base texture file name like the others, so far I've tried all these and they do not work:

SpitfireIX_torpedo_tank

Spitfire_torpedo_tank

torpedo_tank

SpitfireIX_tank

Spitfire_tank

tank

SpitfireIX_tank_1

Spitfire_tank_1

tank_1

Anyone who can help find the correct one or already knows, I would greatly appreciate the help, thanks.

Have you tried this from the extracted Spitfire_tank_1.lua

{"bac_1", 0, "spitfireix_tank_diff", true};

{"bac_1", 1, "spitfireix_tank_nm", true};

{"bac_1", 2, "spitfireix_tank_diff_roughmet", true};

Thanks so very much! Where is that file being extracted from exactly? Could prove helpful in future.

Absolutely love your skins by the way, especially those RAF Sabres!

Thanks so very much! Where is that file being extracted from exactly? Could prove helpful in future.

Absolutely love your skins by the way, especially those RAF Sabres!

Thanks! Playing with the roughmet files for the Spit right now, once the Sabre is PBR ready I’ll be redoing my camo skins for the F-86.

As for the torpedo tank, I used the EDM extractor by uboats to get the description.lua nomenclature, extracting the tank_1.edm (I think, away from my computer right now) from the Shapes folder in the Spit directory.

BTW, how do I get the Spit ordinance choices to show in the mission builder? Been selecting Ground Attack, etc., as a mission role but still shows only EMPTY as a choice of armament.

Thanks! Playing with the roughmet files for the Spit right now, once the Sabre is PBR ready I’ll be redoing my camo skins for the F-86.

As for the torpedo tank, I used the EDM extractor by uboats to get the description.lua nomenclature, extracting the tank_1.edm (I think, away from my computer right now) from the Shapes folder in the Spit directory.

BTW, how do I get the Spit ordinance choices to show in the mission builder? Been selecting Ground Attack, etc., as a mission role but still shows only EMPTY as a choice of armament.

The Spit doesn't have any premade loadouts from my knowledge, so you'll have to make custom loadouts.

I eagerly await those redone Sabres! The attention to detail and the custom cockpits on the current really put them a cut above, I've been putting together a cold war campaign on the Normandy map using them, I'd been meaning to contact you regarding that actually.

The Spit doesn't have any premade loadouts from my knowledge, so you'll have to make custom loadouts.

:wallbash: ARRGGHH...I should have known that! Working now :)

I eagerly await those redone Sabres! The attention to detail and the custom cockpits on the current really put them a cut above, I've been putting together a cold war campaign on the Normandy map using them, I'd been meaning to contact you regarding that actually.

I plan to re-release those cockpit textures as separate DLs, for use with the F-86 Custom Cockpit selector in the options menu (once I can get it working), including all the cockpit textures with each skin burns way too much disk space.

Edited by jocko417