[REQUEST] Egypt Air Force

CHSubZero

Spitfire IXc Egypt Air Force 1948

v3: Gun barrels fixed

v2: Added skin for the clipped wing

v1: Initial release

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2778005/

This skin is usable for the "normal" Spitfire IX and the clipped wing Spitfire IX.

It contains dynamic BORT number. To make the BORT number the same on both sides, please use the following syntax: ABC12121, ABC45454, ABC97979, ....

Egypt.jpg

44002_nakresy_06.jpg

198_3.jpg

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

• 1 month later...

Hows this for a starter still working on removing the default numbers from the Plane in the ME and model viewer, but its a start, actually shouldnt be too hard for me to finish even with out a template provided there aren't too many major changes, I found the USAAF star for the side, but haven't put it in and sized it over the rondel's yet.

9cd2df8f1f4169007e72a8c6803c5023.png

EDIT: Managed to remove the Default Numbering from the plane. took me a minute to find the right texture references but got it, she's looking perty good imo. Ill have a rough draft of it ready to go sometime tomorrow probably.

2cb8d10df31180dbbee2c4296a6b50f5.png

Edited by Davison

@NRG-Vampire that's the plan, I've got the star marked up just haven't finished my recoloring of the red and white section of the rounded yet, I'm at work atm, will be finishing it up when I get home, more pics and a potential upload of the skin to follow later today

Also @CHSubZero I have gotten the markings I need for the Egypt skin, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to approach setting it up, I believe the Egypt skin has a slightly different color scheme to its camouflage and I'm not sure if I want to attempt to recolor it without a template

Edited by Davison

Updated the Top wing roundels, still patching up a shoddy camo paintjob (crew chief let a private do the painting, goes to prove, if you want something done right, do it yourself xD ;) ), finished up a couple of touches around the rest of the aircraft and finished up the bottom wings.

Now, I have a few contradicting sources regarding the Roundel markings on both the top and bottom of the wings, so i went with the first and most informative source i found.

If you want samples of the other markings let me know, otherwise i plan on sticking with the ones in the Screenshots, I'll PM both of you (CHSubZero and NRG-Vampire) with a private link to the download to let you guys look at it in-game yourselves, and get back to me with any feedback, since you guys requested the skins, and because I want to be as accurate as I can without a template. (Im slowly making my own as I progress on this first skin).

Once you guys give your feedback and/or the OK, if you want, I can/will upload to the DCS site for Public use.

EDIT: forgot to post images xD

8bd5a63e7fb211c05bfa611fbde834d4.png

b0a945d21864f3b22f652f4030404c30.png

• 6 months later...

Very nice, the perfect camo for Nevada desert :thumbup:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...