ASW 2.0 DCS Support! NineLine, you have been called out to pass message

hannibal

Yeah I fly solely in VR and own in multiplayer, so I find most negative comments null and void in reference to VR.

Can confirm this :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I can fully operate the a10c in VR without restriction, so your argument is null and void.

He obviously hasn't had the chance to use it for more than 20 minutes or he doesn't know what he's talking about. I can't play DCS without VR. It is a must.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Last time I played DCS on a monitor was Jan 14th 2017.

Got my Rift on Jan 15th 2017.

:D

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Last time I played DCS on a monitor was Jan 14th 2017.

Got my Rift on Jan 15th 2017.

:D

I listed my TIR5 with ProClip on eBay before going to bed the same day that I received and set up my CV1 with DCS, sometime last September.

I've been on record many times since then saying that I'd rather quit DCS altogether than to fly on a monitor again...and my monitor is a pretty decent one, to boot.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

He obviously hasn't had the chance to use it for more than 20 minutes or he doesn't know what he's talking about. I can't play DCS without VR. It is a must.

amen brother! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I can fully operate the a10c in VR without restriction, so your argument is null and void.

You can see 3-4ft to operate controls? Yeah, I know. And you can see large objects out the windshield once they het close enough, too. The resolution becomes a problem within the first few hundred meters. Doesn't matter in (most) shooters for example, but is definitely a problem in flight sims.

Again, I HAVE used HMDs before. I sold mine because the tech isn't there yet. Or rather, the displays aren't.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Is this guy even anything besides a random Reddit user posting news clips?

Heaney is the most notorious Oculus fanboy on Reddit. To the point of delusion and denial. Most cannot stand him and he is openly mocked in the Oculus sub as a result. So, yeah, no need for ED to contact him. He has nothing at all to do with the tech or Oculus. It would be like needing to work with Apple and sending ED to talk to the guy camping 1st in line at an Apple store a week before it is gonna sell the newest release. Simply pointless.

You can see 3-4ft to operate controls? Yeah, I know. And you can see large objects out the windshield once they het close enough, too. The resolution becomes a problem within the first few hundred meters. Doesn't matter in (most) shooters for example, but is definitely a problem in flight sims.

Again, I HAVE used HMDs before. I sold mine because the tech isn't there yet. Or rather, the displays aren't.

This statement is very exaggerated. I can spot a boogey more or less the same distance as on a monitor, only IFFing is more tricky on the old birds due to the res and the insane amount of zoom you have with tir, but still doable with some good SA when you know where to expect an enemy and where friendly.

If you don't want to use vr then don't but I don't understand why are you following vr threads trying to convince people how bad it is when 99% of the ones who tried it loves it.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This statement is very exaggerated. I can spot a boogey more or less the same distance as on a monitor, only IFFing is more tricky on the old birds due to the res and the insane amount of zoom you have with tir, but still doable with some good SA when you know where to expect an enemy and where friendly.

If you don't want to use vr then don't but I don't understand why are you following vr threads trying to convince people how bad it is when 99% of the ones who tried it loves it.

Zhukov is entitled to his opinions and entitled to voice those opinions. I do not agree with him, but it must be remembered that everyone looks to get different things out of any game or sim.

Much of what he says is true, if a little over exaggerated. Using VR or monitor in DCS is a compromise. Monitor you compromise immersion for resolution. VR you compromise resolution for immersion.

I would wager that most VR users are mainly SP guys that enjoy flying over raw combat, rather than MP types whose sole reason for taking off is combat.

Apples and pears, but both are fruit grown on trees.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Zhukov is entitled to his opinions and entitled to voice those opinions. I do not agree with him, but it must be remembered that everyone looks to get different things out of any game or sim.

Much of what he says is true, if a little over exaggerated. Using VR or monitor in DCS is a compromise. Monitor you compromise immersion for resolution. VR you compromise resolution for immersion.

I would wager that most VR users are mainly SP guys that enjoy flying over raw combat, rather than MP types whose sole reason for taking off is combat.

Apples and pears, but both are fruit grown on trees.

Agree. Despite that I fly mostly MP with VR and actually many people in MP are VR now may be not majority but 30-40% definitely. Don't know the airquakes tho not interested in them.

I think if you follow irl a2a tacticss and doctrines and you always fly with a wingman as it is done irl, the vr disadvantage might turn to an advantage due to the increased SA and improved visibility from mutual support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

If I want to operate and focus on one of the screens then I just hold down the VR Zoom button. Same thing for spotting ground targets where the VR zoom feature acts like a pair of binos that real A10 pilots use.

Sounds to me like you failed to correctly setup and operate your VR equipment. Your lose but your opinion is worthless because all your issues have been overcome for the vast majority of users.

• 4 months later...

Not a word that I have seen.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As I understand they wont implement closed API stuff... I don't blame them.

If Oculus would stop being punks and open their innovation to everyone (like steamVR or openVR does...) then we'd be able to use this. Oculus is perfectly fine with incorporating innovation from other systems into their own stuff but then they're punks with their own stuff.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

They already use oculus SDK, which is a closed API. Or Trackir SDK. Or DIrectX in the first place.

It either low priority for ED or hasn't been released by Oculus yet. Probably both.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 5 weeks later...

Well Matt give a call to oculus to integrate ASW 2.0 and you make a big bunch of customers happy. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: