VR Scratch pad

BoneDust

It be great to have a scratch pad for writing notes such as freqs, actives, tacan info etc when using VR.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

+8

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

ues but how to interact with it?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

It would already be nice to have a page which shows the user defined markpoints (from the f10 map) with coordinates and the info text. Thus it's much easier to build a flightplan from the f10 map...

• 3 weeks later...

I got a workaround for use in VR

Samsung Note 8 (or any tablet with a stylus or ability to draw)

+

Samsung Side Sync (or any phone display mirroring app)

+

OVRDrop

Point OVRDrop to your mirrored device window. Position it in the world wherever you want (I have might over my right thigh to match where I keep my phone on my kneeboard) You can set the transparency and gaze in OVRDrop. The phone is super tiny and very transparent until I look at it, then it gets bit and I can see what is on my phone. I can write with the stylus since it gives me a hover over marker before I actually commit to writing.

+1

What would be really cool, is if you had a kneeboard page that when opened you could click on it (or activate it with a keybind) and it would take the keyboard focus. Wherein you could type normally and the text would written to the kneeboard page, stay, and be editable for the remainder of the mission or session.

The process of page editing and keyboard focus functionality could work in almost the exact same way that it does with the "read/write all" chat function that is used in MP - so in a sense the technical possibility has already been achieved in game and in mission without having to leave the cockpit.

It can be implemented, i'm sure.

How easy that would be, I have no idea as I'm not a coder.

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

• 3 weeks later...
There is an app for the rift and vive called Hello V that might be of use to some people for this purpose.

http://www.hellov.io/

I got a workaround for use in VR

Samsung Note 8 (or any tablet with a stylus or ability to draw)

+

Samsung Side Sync (or any phone display mirroring app)

+

OVRDrop

Point OVRDrop to your mirrored device window. Position it in the world wherever you want (I have might over my right thigh to match where I keep my phone on my kneeboard) You can set the transparency and gaze in OVRDrop. The phone is super tiny and very transparent until I look at it, then it gets bit and I can see what is on my phone. I can write with the stylus since it gives me a hover over marker before I actually commit to writing.

Does this work with multiplayer?

When flying with my squadron we might have coordinates to be put in when missions are dynamically generated, so this would be a great help.

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------