1.0.1 error at options menu

Distiler

FIXED IN 1.01a PATCH

Hi!

Just installed 1.01 patch (I unloaded all mods before) and it seems it reseted my screen resolution so I clicked in options and this is what I get:

82415801.jpg

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I am also getting an error. Mine is on the 1st loading screen and happens again if I press "Instant action"

I have the russian download version. And yes I did download the russian download version patch.

Error report as follows:

Error.log

Failed to parse 2009/8/10 09:24 V810271318

World::LoadPlugins: Loaded plugin module CockpitBase.dll

failed to load RadioUSAConfig reason cannot open RadioUSAConfig: No such file or directory

failed to load RadioRFConfig reason cannot open RadioRFConfig: No such file or directory

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 7928078

Dispatcher: reading track, last event at 248.867000

Dispatcher: read seed = 7565671

Dispatcher: read version = 808011722

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 7565671

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2009, Month:6, Day:1

loaded from mission Scripts/World/GPS_GNSS.lua

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Айтодорский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Ялта NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Кыз-Аул NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Сухумский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Мыс Евпаторийский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Тарханкутский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Железный Рог NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Мыс Херсонесский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Потийский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Анапский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for beacon site Батумский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

Map objects for inactive beacon site Мыс Кодошский NOT FOUND! Ojbects created.

ComplexTask::open_state(). Precached tasks data loading.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Follow_Line" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Follow_Vector" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Follow_Vector_Old" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Approach" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Cannon_Ground_Attack" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Rocket_Attack" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Level_Bombing" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Dive_Bombing" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Missile_Ground_Target_Attack" task data loaded.

ComplexTask::load_task_data(). "Missile_Ground_Target_Level_Attack" task data loaded.

WARNING: multiple connectors "smoke" in model ".\Bazar\Terrain\Structures\High\TEC_A.lom"

WARNING: multiple connectors "RED_BEACON" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "Gun_point" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "MAIN_SPOT_PTR" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "RESERV_SPOT_PTR" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "WHITE_LIGHT" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "GREEN_LIGHT" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "RED_LIGHT" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "WHITE_LIGHT" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "GREEN_LIGHT" in model "KA-50"

WARNING: multiple connectors "RED_LIGHT" in model "KA-50"

EagleFM initialize time .. 1529.966624

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Options.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Options.lua

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Database/NAVIGATION.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Database/NAVIGATION.lua

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Database/ROUTES.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Database/ROUTES.lua

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Database/ADDITIONAL.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Database/ADDITIONAL.lua

ABRIS load default failed Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Database/ADDITIONAL.lua

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Loader/NAVIGATION.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Loader/NAVIGATION.lua

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Loader/ROUTES.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Loader/ROUTES.lua

Chunk is not present: ABRIS/Loader/ADDITIONAL.lua

ABRIS load default Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Loader/ADDITIONAL.lua

ABRIS load default failed Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ABRIS/Loader/ADDITIONAL.lua

Cockpit::avDevice::link_all: no such device in hash - 'ARCADE'

Cockpit::avDevice::link_all: no such device in hash - 'MRP'

loaded from mission Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ARK/ARK.lua

Cockpit: ccClickable.cpp. Custom data unavailable

cockpit initialize time .. 13372.741325

sound file not found SamplesPathRadioMayak\!RadioMayak.wav

sound file not found SamplesPathRadioMayak\!RadioMayak.wav

loaded from mission Scripts/Aircrafts/ka-50/Cockpit/ARK/ARK.lua

cockpit post initialize ..210.790138

DXDefTexture: failed to load COUNTRY3.BMP, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

See the readme please.

Windows regional settings should be set to country setting in compliance with patch language!

You must set the locations of your computer to UK.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Hi,

I also have this problem on a german Windows 7 installation with the english download version of DCS:Blackshark.

I already reinstalled the game from the scratch, but as soon as I enter the options I get the error windows and I can't set any of the controls. The controlls are empty.

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

See the readme please.

Windows regional settings should be set to country setting in compliance with patch language!

You must set the locations of your computer to UK.

No kidding? You mean in the regions and language settings I have to set it to the United Kingdom?

Edited by McClane

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

Could you clarify that please?

I am located in sweden, using an english language Vista 64 Home Premium. Upon original installation of DCS the language of the OS was english, keyboard preset was swedish, and location was sweden. This worked.

Do I have to set my computer to pretend it's in the UK for the patch?

Also, the readme says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PATCH INSTALLATION

Locate the saved patch file and double click to open and follow instructions.

Installation on Microsoft® Windows® Vista requires administrator rights.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it on installation.

EDIT:

To be more helpful: I do recall seing it mentioned that the localized versions of DCS require that the OS is set to operate in that language - was that what you mean? In that case it should not matter since this is the english - ie, international, version. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Deleting and reinstalling has not corrected the error. Also I don't see why should I set my computer to UK, the game has always ran without any error (I have the english download version). Besides, I'm not gonna do that just for a game, my language is spanish and every other piece of software, regardless it's own language, works perfectly.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

OK, set to UK and reinstalled, but problem still remains.

You must set the Location of your computer to UK

and "Formats" to "English".

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

You must set the Location of your computer to UK

and "Formats" to "English".

Just changing formats works for me. I can keep everything else in spanish (keyboard, location, system locale, etc.)

But I tell you, this is not an optimal solution. It's the first time a game asks me to do that and it can potentially bring lots of customer troubleshooting.

Edited by Distiler

Yes, that works - you have to set both to English (UK) - but probably just format does it.

Edit: seems so, Distiler

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

But I tell you, this is not an optimal solution. It's the first time a game asks me to do that and it can potentially bring lots of customer troubleshooting.

Totally agree. What a let down. How could this major bug go through QA? I'm in Poland, I am not going to change my formats just to play the game on 1.01. Please explain me - what the hell?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Have I understood right? I am in Spain, and having a English version do I have to change my Windows localization to English? Really? :cry:

Try just "formats" (the way numbers, currencies,dates, time, etc are shown, nothing about the keyboard, etc.)

If for example (is not true, only example) i live in madagascar, have windows in chinese, and BS in english (not exist BS in chinese), I cant play BS 1.0.1?

Issues with language is absurd.

If it's just "formats" as in my case, then it is not related to the language, just the way some things are shown. It's also absurd, but it's not a big deal as if it was like changing keyboard (I would throw the game to the trash XD)

If it's just "formats" as in my case, then it is not related to the language, just the way some things are shown. It's also absurd, but it's not a big deal as if it was like changing keyboard (I would throw the game to the trash XD)

Damn, I need to cancel the 5 US/EN keyboards I just ordered at ebay!

Yes, I believe you are correct - the date and decimal format is the one that has great importance for DCS. Using other types of date-format and decimal signs might cause problems for certain kinds of scripts.

Altough Windows DO have an API for catering for those kind of issues, it might be hard to implement in certain mechanisms. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

This is freaking me out! CHANGING YOUR FORMATS just because THIS ONE SINGLE GAME cannot cope with another format setting on your computer is just ridicoulus beyond my wildest imagination. I've never before heard of this issue for any piece of software I've ever ran on my computers in like 20 years of computing.

MAYBE I could let this one slip if it was just mentioned somewhere in the readme, but I can't find it?

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Try just "formats" (the way numbers, currencies,dates, time, etc are shown, nothing about the keyboard, etc.)

OK, it worked, thanks :thumbup:

Also, the patch changed the GUI to windowed (transparent) mode, but this time I knew where change it to fullscreen.

P.S.: As Boulund said, the formats issue is kind of weird nowadays...

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, it worked, thanks :thumbup:

Also, the patch changed the GUI to windowed (transparent) mode, but this time I knew where change it to fullscreen.

The patch resetted all my configurations, not just the full screen setting (keys, options, etc.)

This is freaking me out! Loosing activations is one thing, a very serious one at that though. But CHANGING YOUR FORMATS just because THIS ONE SINGLE GAME cannot cope with another format setting on your computer is just ridicoulus beyond my wildest imagination. I've never before heard of this issue for any piece of software I've ever ran on my computers in like 20 years of computing.

MAYBE I could let this one slip if it was just mentioned somewhere in the readme, but I can't find it?

In fact you'r right, it's not in the patch readme, it's just in the patch downloading web:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2364&scr=products&lang=en