(Project on hold) Weathered cockpit textures

Happy weekend to all!

Xfy88DV.jpg

Awesome stuff, sir!!! happy weekend and happy flying.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Fantastic progress!

Honestly, you should talk to ED and consider going the 3rd party/DLC way. I would certainly pay for this (although I'm generally not a fan of DLCs and microtransactions; but it is obvious just how much work is going into this)!

Or, if they're being sensible, they might just offer to pay you in order to incorporate this into A-10C v2. :thumbup:

This is amazing ; I can't wait to try it in my Hog !

Thanks a lot for all this hard work.

I especially liked the before/after shots, and the bit about marking elements in the texture to find out where they go ; very instructive

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Last update from Minsky: Juli 24th

It's obvious... ED captured Minsky to work on their A-10C II :music_whistling:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

It's obvious... ED captured Minsky to work on their A-10C II :music_whistling:

I wish lol

Could've saved me a lot of headache.

I'm posting new pics on my site almost every day.

This topic is mostly for weekly updates.

Regarding the A-10C II.

For now I'm planning to release this project for the current A-10C first, and port it to the new version later.

Dima | My DCS uploads

That canopy seal looks great. Real eye for detail

Maybe a stupid question, but will all this eye candy influence performance?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I was a bit concerned that the recently announced upgrade to the A10C by ED might have put the Kybosh on this, but chuffed to see progress is still ongoing.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Would be nice to have this while we wait for A10/2, and then maybe even for that :thumbup:

I was a bit concerned that the recently announced upgrade to the A10C by ED might have put the Kybosh on this, but chuffed to see progress is still ongoing.

Doubt I have enough time to finish this before the II hits the Early Access. But the plan is to cover both modules, just don't yet know in what order.

Dima | My DCS uploads

Do any of you remember the A10 before it's big update? It had a very nicely, well worn cockpit and people bitched, pi$$ed and moaned all about it. When this new, clean cockpit was brought out, people loved it. Now people want to have it worn out all over again. You can't make people happy I guess. For the record, ED did a perfectly fine job on both the old cockpit and the new one. Nothing against your work. It's perfectly nice. But ED had already done what you are doing and people complained. You guys are acting like you've never seen the worn look before. You had it for years for Pete's sake.

ED did two separate things:

1. Weathered, but outdated, low-res, and not particularly accurate old cockpit. IMO it's unusable by today's standards, and that's why people hated it.

2. Accurate and modern, but unrealistically pristine and clearly under-baked new cockpit (and now they're fixing this - for a price). Still a massive improvement over the old one, so what's not to love?

Me? I'm merely combining the two ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads