DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Well... I know Github a bit, since I use it every day at work. If you never used Git or other SCMs in general it could be a bit hard to grasp in the beginning, so should you need any hint, of any kind, feel free to ask!

Also, should you decide to go ahead and put the code in Github, all the issues management could be moved from Trello to Github, using a single "hub" for all things about CTS development, from source code to management, and trust me, it helps keeping track of all this stuff together. But of course it's your call.

Now that the P-47 is pre-released, is there a profile for the P-47 coming?

Edited by Dutch60

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Hi Home Fries, i am trying to setup the SRS as manual says to use the F18 and MIDS radio, i set SimpleRadio Standalone value to 1 in Global section. I execute the script and then open SRS, i set RADIO 1 and RADIO 2 in buttons 20 (comms switch left) and 22 (comms switch rigth) but when i try to set RADIO 3 in button 21 (comms switch down), button 20 is activated or "keyboard 44" is displayed:

6573e4df52290d5e2feff33b3cd5d983.png

and button 23 (comms switch up) doesn't even work. So if i push comms switch left or down, button 20 is actived or "keyboard 44" displayed, rigth is button 22 and up doesn't activate anything.

I try in DCS controls setup to set buttons 21 and 23 and they are not working. In DCS i can use button 20 and 22 for SRS comms , but when i depressed any one, sounds like a double click and "TR" turns on and off even if i keep pressing the button.

I have checked the buttons in case they were malfunctioning in Windows, others simulators and without the script running and all of them are working fine.

This is with a HOTAS COUGAR with COUGAR stick

Edited by Charlie122sq

Now that the P-47 is pre-released, is there a profile for the P-47 coming?

I don't have the P-47 yet, but if people are interested in a quick turnaround on a profile I do accept donations toward purchasing the module. Please PM me if you're interested. FWIW it would probably be somewhere between the P-51 profile and the IL-2 profile which has a digital RPM controller.

Hi Home Fries, i am trying to setup the SRS as manual says to use the F18 and MIDS radio, i set SimpleRadio Standalone value to 1 in Global section. I execute the script and then open SRS, i set RADIO 1 and RADIO 2 in buttons 20 (comms switch left) and 22 (comms switch rigth) but when i try to set RADIO 3 in button 21 (comms switch down), button 20 is activated or "keyboard 44" is displayed:

6573e4df52290d5e2feff33b3cd5d983.png

and button 23 (comms switch up) doesn't even work. So if i push comms switch left or down, button 20 is actived or "keyboard 44" displayed, rigth is button 22 and up doesn't activate anything.

I try in DCS controls setup to set buttons 21 and 23 and they are not working. In DCS i can use button 20 and 22 for SRS comms , but when i depressed any one, sounds like a double click and "TR" turns on and off even if i keep pressing the button.

I have checked the buttons in case they were malfunctioning in Windows, others simulators and without the script running and all of them are working fine.

This is with a HOTAS COUGAR with COUGAR stick

If you're getting a keyboard command, make sure you set "TeamSpeak/Voice Chat Hotkey as DirectX" to 1. That should free up Button 20 for you. As for the pulse, if you have SRS set to 1, it should sustain rather than pulse. I'll double check the Cougar code.

If you're getting a keyboard command, make sure you set "TeamSpeak/Voice Chat Hotkey as DirectX" to 1. That should free up Button 20 for you. As for the pulse, if you have SRS set to 1, it should sustain rather than pulse. I'll double check the Cougar code.

I have cheked and it is set to 1, the issue persist

88688341ed31c7b2b70aa12b80c19cf9.png

I have one small question: sometimes my S4 button forgets that it should be in brake mode at startup (it should toggle between NWS mode on ground and something different in the air, as far as i understand). Is there a way to reset it?

Thank you very much:)

MiG21 DCS stable latest.

I found the answer by home fries after going through the hole pages of this thread:D sorry

„ Hopefully I can answer these questions here. First, button 4 (the paddle switch) has two functions, and the function is determined by the logical GearState of the profile. In other words, if the GearState is down (GSD), S4 does the brake, whereas if GearState is up (GSU), S4 duplicates S3 as SAU disconnect. The duplication is so you can disconnect without having to worry about a TEMPO command (you have to tap it pretty quickly with S3 as it doubles as the shift modifier).

In order to cycle the GearState, you must cycle the gear using the HOTAS. With the Warthog, this means using the Flap switch. You will notice that the Left MFD LED2 flashes when the gear is in transit, then goes solid on when GearState is down or off when the GearState is up. To toggle the GearState without cycling the gear in-game, hold S3+LDGH until you see the LED cycle.“

Edited by horstweihrauch

Darkstar: Merged

I would really like to have two DX buttons for MIC up and down. Currently in huey which I fly most both MIC Up and Down are mapped to DX21.

Any chance you assign down to DX 20 or something similar?

I would really like to have two DX buttons for MIC up and down. Currently in huey which I fly most both MIC Up and Down are mapped to DX21.

Any chance you assign down to DX 20 or something similar?

One of the things on my list is to completely rebuild the comms routine to support VAICOM, SRS, and TS3/Discord from the ground up. I'll have to get back to you all when I can start on this (probably sometime in August).

Temporary P-47D TARGET Profile

I know Home Fries is or will be working on a new profile for the P-47D module, but if you are like me and your muscle memory is so tuned to the "buttonology" of his profiles, that it just doesn't feel right to fly without them.:huh::cry::(

So, as a "stop gap measure", I have put together a "TARGET P47D kb v228.diff.lua" and "TARGET P47D wh v228.diff.lua" files for the P47D that will work with his P-51D TARGET profile. (Sorry no Cougar profile, since I don't have one.) Also included are JPEGS showing the mappings for the MFDs, Warthog Stick and Throttle.

Installation is simple, just select Home Fries's TARGET P-51D profile and install the above mentioned lua input files for the P47D DSs keyboard and TM Virtual Controller.

Since I had to adapt the mappings to work with the existing TARGET P51D profile, don't expect the normal level of sophistication with long tempo and short double presses, but all the basic function seem to work with un-shifted and shifted (i.e. +S3) buttons.

I noticed some functions aren't working in the P47D module (it is early access) from the keyboard, like the artificial horizon toggle (you can "un-cage", but not "cage" it.) The O2 regulator key commands aren't working either, so I didn't include those in the profile.

Thanks to Home Fries for creating this incredible tool for DCS that some of us have become so dependent on.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I hope these work for you until the genuine Home Fries P47D profile becomes available.

Don't complain or ask for help from Home Fries if you have problems with this. It is a monster of my own creation and he had nothing to do with it, but PM me and I'll try to help you out.

P47D_TargetProfiles.zip

Edited by TWC_Alamo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Currently for some reason OSB20 and Right MFD Gain does not send correct kb commands on A-10C.

Looking at event tester i can see that NVG gain is sent as LShift+RWin+Pgup / Pgdn, pressing S3 and NVG Toggle doesn't send any kb events but does seem to flash DX24 and DX32 on release.

On my DCS A-10C Sim, NVG Toggle is set as JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN20 and gains are 30 + 32 + 28/27.

Is this correct?

Edited by Jalava

Currently for some reason OSB20 and Right MFD Gain does not send correct kb commands on A-10C.

Looking at event tester i can see that NVG gain is sent as LShift+RWin+Pgup / Pgdn, pressing S3 and NVG Toggle doesn't send any kb events but does seem to flash DX24 and DX32 on release.

On my DCS A-10C Sim, NVG Toggle is set as JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN32 + JOY_BTN20 and gains are 30 + 32 + 28/27.

Is this correct?

Excellent catch. I missed those changes. Updated for the next build.

In what can only be described as a serendipitous coincidence, the now released CTS v2.47 includes the P-47 Thunderbolt!

Other changes:

• A-10C: Fixed NVG button assignments.
  • A-4E: Updated for version 1.4
  • AV-8B: Removed Engine RPM LEDs (Warthog)

Known Issues:

• This script is now very close to stack limits, which is why I've had to remove deprecated routines. If you receive a full stack error, report it ASAP. Please include the text log.
  • P-47 gun safety switch toggle does not work properly (module side issue). H2U is set to the Gun Arm discrete command for the time being. Closing the switch cover will switch off the gun safety switch.

Updated bindings since 2.46a: P-47, P-51, A-10C, A-4E

Updated SnapViews since 2.46: Boresight (P-47)

Updated Custom Luas since 2.46: none

Note: due to the stack limits, this is likely going to be the last major release for a while. Stay tuned for a CTS 3.0 development update.

Edited by Home Fries

2.47 Hotfix 1 is up. Hotfix 1 addresses compatibility with the AV-8B in the DCS 2.5.6.50979 patch.

Updated bindings: AV-8B

Updated Custom Lua: AV-8B

Hi,

I'm new to DCS and (so far) flying only M2000 and Spitfire, with the Warthog HOTAS bindings from other sources.

Is it possible to safely use CTS for the A-4C jet only, without interfering with the other bindings for the M2000 and Spitfire that I'm already using ?

Should it be possible, how do you recommend to do this ?

Thanks for your help,

Toan

Hi,

I'm new to DCS and (so far) flying only M2000 and Spitfire, with the Warthog HOTAS bindings from other sources.

Is it possible to safely use CTS for the A-4C jet only, without interfering with the other bindings for the M2000 and Spitfire that I'm already using ?

Should it be possible, how do you recommend to do this ?

Thanks for your help,

Toan

It is not possible to use TARGET alongside default controller mappings. When you run TARGET, it creates a single virtual controller that encompasses your Thrustmaster controllers (e.g. Warthog stick and throttle). Even if you see both controllers (i.e. the Warthog and the TM virtual controller), this is a bug with the Microsoft Windows store and you shouldn't rely on this functionality. Bottom line: use one or the other in the same game.

Give the Mirage profile a look; it got a lot of love recently!

It is not possible to use TARGET alongside default controller mappings. When you run TARGET, it creates a single virtual controller that encompasses your Thrustmaster controllers (e.g. Warthog stick and throttle). Even if you see both controllers (i.e. the Warthog and the TM virtual controller), this is a bug with the Microsoft Windows store and you shouldn't rely on this functionality. Bottom line: use one or the other in the same game.

Give the Mirage profile a look; it got a lot of love recently!

OK, thanks a lot.

I'll try the CTS Mirage 2000 profile.

Very impressive job you've done with CTS, indeed.

Toan

Hi Home Fries,

Finally I decided to use CTS on different sims from DCS. At last.

I started with IL-2 BOS. Took me some time to made all changes in the config, and adapt myself to use the keys different from the ones I´ve been using for 20 years. Luckily there is a "uniformity" between the keys usedby CTS profiles in DCS and lots of the keys used for CTS BOS, so it was easier for me to remember the keys and commands.

BUT, also noticed there are lots of keys missing and the last update in the CTS profile was made for the 4.006 version. Now, the oficial version is 4.007.

Besides the new zoom options we have now with 4.007 update, if I´m not mistaken, all those in the attached image are missing, and they are very necesary cause they are critical for engine control.

Is ther any ETA for new CTS profile for IL-2 BOS? Is there any possibility to include the mentioned keys and the new zoon keystrokes?.

Thanks!

926113426_Anotacin2020-06-28084218.thumb.jpg.a06e9ace7f7cd6f7e4ae45ece013493a.jpg

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Hi Home Fries,

Finally I decided to use CTS on different sims from DCS. At last.

I started with IL-2 BOS. Took me some time to made all changes in the config, and adapt myself to use the keys different from the ones I´ve been using for 20 years. Luckily there is a "uniformity" between the keys usedby CTS profiles in DCS and lots of the keys used for CTS BOS, so it was easier for me to remember the keys and commands.

BUT, also noticed there are lots of keys missing and the last update in the CTS profile was made for the 4.006 version. Now, the oficial version is 4.007.

Besides the new zoom options we have now with 4.007 update, if I´m not mistaken, all those in the attached image are missing, and they are very necesary cause they are critical for engine control.

Is ther any ETA for new CTS profile for IL-2 BOS? Is there any possibility to include the mentioned keys and the new zoon keystrokes?.

Thanks!

Hi Luke,

Everytime there's an IL-2 update, I compare the new current.map and current.actions files with the versions included in CTS to see if there's any change. If there is no change, I go ahead with what is already there. I didn't see any change in 4.007, but apparently my plan isn't foolproof. EDIT: NVM, I just realized that I was in fact updated to 4.006c and not 4.007.

I thought the listed keystrokes were already mapped, but I will double check. As for additional functionality, I won't be able to do that right now. As things stand with CTS, I'm right at the stack limit that TARGET can handle. If I add one line, I need to delete another. My plan is to separate IL-2 and Elite from the DCS profile, then make any updates. I don't have a timeline on this, except I hope to have something by the end of August.

Edited by Home Fries

I just confirmed that the engine management is there, but they did change the files this latest patch. They appear to have gotten rid of contact fuse settings, dive system, gun 5, and VR Zoom as well as added the varied zoom levels.

I'll have to figure something out for the zoom. I'm open to any suggestions.

I just confirmed that the engine management is there, but they did change the files this latest patch. They appear to have gotten rid of contact fuse settings, dive system, gun 5, and VR Zoom as well as added the varied zoom levels.

I'll have to figure something out for the zoom. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks Home Fries.

The thing is I can't find, in game, testing button combos, nor looking into the IL2 profile jpg, any of the engine commands shown in my screenshot. A simple example is oil, water or any radiators. Where is the command? Maybe the profile image is not updated?. It says 2.45 version. See image attached.

Also, I noticed that opening IL2GB.ttm I seen mentions of the radiators, like i.e.:

define IL2GB_OilRadiator_Close_P CHAIN(DOWN+USB_RIGHTGUI,D(ModDelay_IL2GB),USB_HYPHEN)

define IL2GB_OilRadiator_Open_P CHAIN(DOWN+USB_RIGHTGUI,D(ModDelay_IL2GB),USB_EQUALSIGN)

But I'm too clumsy to find the correct commands in my Warthog HOTAS. I don't use MFDs, btw.

About the new instant zoom, its just 4-5 different keys for 4-5 different zoom levels. I think only maximum and medium level are usually used, so, what about the "Boat Switch"?. That way you don't need to keep pushing the zoom key. Forward, set maximum zoom. Middle, zoom off, Back, set Medium zoom.

Now Boat Switch is used for autopilot left , right.. Who uses that? :-P

Anyway, the zoom as is now in CTS, with the slider, is much better than using keys.

Thanks.

1965691115_IL2GBWH.thumb.jpg.3aa7c62172ed9057cff1a3782b830882.jpg

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/