Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

There was, but that server had nothing to do with me. The F-4 and the miG-23 will be added. Got one mission where you can activate MiG-29A's and M-2000C's (Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi) if a certain objective is completed, but that's it.

Ah that sounds pretty awesome. My soul still yearns for an F-4 that I feel won't be added in my life time but I'd still love to see that server once the MiG-23 comes.

I think the F-14A would make a better option once it comes out, plus also the Mig-23 ofcourse

Agreed - but when is the only question.

Also maybe when Ugra Media releases their Syria map, we could have so many more missions to include a Beeka Valley Turkey shoot scenario ;)

1000x yes! Cold war 1970's and 1980's absolutely rule

Exactly.

Fair enough :) Please can we have at least 2 SU25A in every mission then. They have turned out to be a working horse for the Red team. Loaded with ground pounding rockets from a road base is absolutely fine as well, just like you did with the L39!

Thank you,

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair enough :) Please can we have at least 2 SU25A in every mission then. They have turned out to be a working horse for the Red team. Loaded with ground pounding rockets from a road base is absolutely fine as well, just like you did with the L39!

Thank you,

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

Oh, so now you like the Su-25A, huh? Told you she's a beauty :smilewink:

I'll do that when I have the time, bro.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hello Alpen,

A little idea and i dare to post it here:

Mirage is a 70's/80'/90's plane. For me, this jet could be a part of your server (like the Viggen which is already a part of it, year's 70/80/90 or even the Harrier).

In a way, the F14 without Fox3 even coud be a part of it.

Indeed thx for your server which is one of the best

Server News:

- You guys are killing me with your F-14 requests and I always stood firmly against that due to what I believe to be reasonable arguments.

- I'm not stubborn or some ****head who enjoys the powers of an admin for his own indulgence. Therefore, I'll have to start a vote in favour or against the F-14, I guess.

- Even if things go in favour of the F-14, it will most likely be 2 slots max and only in 1-2 missions max. But these details will have to be determined still.

- I'm still against the F-14! Rather aiming for the F-4 and the MiG-23 which will be added..

- Only if most players (will have to specify "most" too) vote for the F-14 will I add it to the server.

Mission Update:

In the mission Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi (which will be online tonight as seen in the rotation's list) Mi-8's and UH-1's need to deliver only 1 ammo box instead of 2 to the specified airbase to activate their MiG-29A's/M-2000C's.

This change is due to the fact that pilots have been having a hard time completing the task or simply loath to fly the same mission twice for delivering 2 ammo boxes, which is understandable.

Once in the mission, read the briefing to know how to activate these airplanes.

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

- You guys are killing me with your F-14 requests and I always stood firmly against that due to what I believe to be reasonable arguments.

- I'm not stubborn or some ****head who enjoys the powers of an admin for his own indulgence. Therefore, I'll have to start a vote in favour or against the F-14, I guess.

- Even if things go in favour of the F-14, it will most likely be 2 slots max and only in 1-2 missions max. But these details will have to be determined still.

- I'm still against the F-14! Rather aiming for the F-4 and the MiG-23 which will be added..

- Only if most players (will have to specify "most" too) vote for the F-14 will I add it to the server.

Mission Update:

In the mission Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi (which will be online tonight as seen in the rotation's list) Mi-8's and UH-1's need to deliver only 1 ammo box instead of 2 to the specified airbase to activate their MiG-29A's/M-2000C's.

This change is due to the fact that pilots have been having a hard time completing the task or simply loath to fly the same mission twice for delivering 2 ammo boxes, which is understandable.

Once in the mission, read the briefing to know how to activate these airplanes.

Cheers!

Honestly these are your missions, it's up to you. If you really don't want it I think people should understand why. But a vote is very kind of you.

Apologies, I did not notice it was even brought up before. There are real world scenarios where the F-14 did not get air to air kills, including the Gulf War - F-14's were present but only shot down an Mi-8. Here there are plenty of other aircraft that could fight it out.

Also no to the F14, the server is good as it is. Perhaps if there was a MiG23 to counter if, but even then it feels like the F14 would carry too much capability / power.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Also no to the F14, the server is good as it is. Perhaps if there was a MiG23 to counter if, but even then it feels like the F14 would carry too much capability / power.

Why not an F-14s with only Sparrows and Sidewinders? No Phoenixs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

The crazy thing about the F-14 is that not only would it have the best air-to-air radar on the server, making intercepts far easier than listening to the AWACS, but it also would have the best WVR sensor, with Jester giving the pilot call-outs. So even in a mission with just guns, the Tomcat could just fly towards the contact 100 miles away, get close, have Jester tell you where it is (if you don't want to lock it up with the radar), and then engage.

I shouldn't have taking about the F14 in my previous post ( i don't fly the F14 in Multi). My main idea was to add the "Mirage"...Why a Harrier and no Mirage? Same time/years/generation...

It would be kind from you to have your opinion about this. No More to think.

Thx

Edited by Spirale

The Mirage and the MiG-29A are included in the mission Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi. However, they must be activated first through Mi-8's/UH-1's. I Flew the mission yesterday, completed the task in the Mi-8 and got my MiG-29A. It was sooo easy locking up targets, firing R-60's (other missiles are not allowed) and guns only. The F-5's had no chance! One dogfight went on for about 5-6 minutes! Kudos to that pilot, forgot his name though. And still killed him with guns.

Imagine the terrible power the F-14 would unleash!

Reading the comments above only showed me that the F-14 has no place here.

Thanks for your replies! Very helpful and good to know others think the same :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Why not an F-14s with only Sparrows and Sidewinders? No Phoenixs

The radar, the T/W, the manoeuvrability, the camera, the fuel load and Jester, for starters.

There are servers already out there that have F14 without Phoenix in a semi-active environment. Usually labelled as 1980's servers or similar.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Oh, so now you like the Su-25A, huh? Told you she's a beauty :smilewink:

I'll do that when I have the time, bro.

Yes, you were right about the 25A! As always hehe.. Flew it on 5 Towns today and it performed, and what I liked is that there were unlimited R60M’s. Flew it on a mission the other day, cant remember which one, and we actually had to leave it behind because not even half way thru the mission the R60M’s had finished, and there were never R60’s to begin with so we were without any defensive weapons. Please can you ensure that there is always unlimited R60M’s available like on the 5 Towns mission ????????

We are currently working on a SRS GCi organization/streamline that will work for larger flights, get back to you on that when ready. Our team is growing fast and we are starting to struggle with coms.

That Abu Dabhi mission yesterday was mental, really enjoyed it, and the cherry on top was the 29 at the end ???? my all time favorite aircraft!

I have posted few Hilo and 29 pics of you flying on the Red Devils facebook, enjoy ????????

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good to hear the server's amazing, cheers! And to keep it that way: STAY OUT OF DISCORD! Stick to TS and SRS, please.

I was referring to text chats, announcements, and just a community for guys who love cold war era jets to talk about it, in real time. Also another way for guys to tell others to hop on the server to try and populate it. Not for ingame communication, since srs and ts is better suited for that.

Suppose I might as well do the forums posting thing.

Regarding current loadouts - I did mention this when I saw you on the server earlier, but the rear-aspect setup isn't really that fair on blue. Red players know they can't shoot us head-on at all, and the R-60 will frequently make insanely short turns to hit them in the merge. With that said I'm not entirely sure going back to the R-13 is necessarily the best idea either, and it kinda bums me out that the 21's signature weapon isn't available a lot of the time because it's technically all-aspect. If people want to fly at mid/high alt and ignore being locked up, they're kind of asking for an R-3R to the face, honestly. The 9P5 acts as a good equaliser and when everyone has some all-aspect capability (rather than just one team) it forces them to adapt and stop just flying straight and level into a merge in full reheat.

As for the 23 - given the Phantom is looking like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, what's the plan for that? The ML is going to be pretty insanely capable compared to what we currently have, and what we'll be getting soon (unless the F1 is closer than I thought). The Crusader won't really cut it as a counter. Will it be included with the R-23 or as a limited, pseudo-MS? In the latter case it'll still have a radar far beyond what anyone else does, though... I can't wait for it, but I don't want things to be too easy for us red players :D

I'd fully support swapping out the 25T with the 25A, although it means a bit of a capability gap between red and blue maybe this could be compensated for some other way. The 25T is a bit of a weird duck since Russia barely even built any of the things.

Btw also no to F-14, i dont even like the idea of F-4E and MiG-23 on the server, maybe a mission with them and after that a mission without them, the MiG-21s and F-5s wont have any chance vs these planes.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Ehh. I reckon I could smoke a Sparrow-loaded 14A but only if I got close enough to it. The B just has unholy thrust that makes it hard to catch with anything, the weaker performance of the TF-30 combined with comp stalls should make it less easy for them.

Maybe very limited spawns for the more capable birds, and very limited supplies of their respective SARH missiles.

As for the 23 - given the Phantom is looking like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment, what's the plan for that? The ML is going to be pretty insanely capable compared to what we currently have, and what we'll be getting soon (unless the F1 is closer than I thought). The Crusader won't really cut it as a counter. Will it be included with the R-23 or as a limited, pseudo-MS? In the latter case it'll still have a radar far beyond what anyone else does, though... I can't wait for it, but I don't want things to be too easy for us red players :D

I thought about this quite often actually. Best case scenario is having both released at the same time which wont happen. So no matter what's released first, it will be available in small numbers and maybe a bit limited until its counter arrives. Also they wont be both included in all missions. Mostly the missions with bigger battle zones and good separation between the airbases.

We'll see...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Any units you deploy by your Mi-8/UH-1 should be available for CA drivers.

I just added 4 x BMP-2's and 4 x Bradley's for CA users. Use these vehicles to assist ground forces around the bullseye.

Hope I put a smile on your face :smilewink:

:thumbup: +1

I thought about this quite often actually. Best case scenario is having both released at the same time which wont happen. So no matter what's released first, it will be available in small numbers and maybe a bit limited until its counter arrives. Also they wont be both included in all missions. Mostly the missions with bigger battle zones and good separation between the airbases.

We'll see...

The MiG-23 is in a funny place because it would rip apart the 1970s planes we have now and be a bit better than even a slatted F-4E. Yet it's worse than its historical opponents, the F-14A, F-15A/C and F-16A/C. If you limit the weapons and add in a MiG-29 with R-27R/T, you can get a very balanced set against 1980's F-15 (AIM-7F/M), F-16 (only AIM-9s!) and F-14A (only 2x AIM-54A's and limited in number).

One thing I have always dreamed of was something like 1982 Lebanon or Desert Storm - lots of MiG-21's MiG-23's and MiG-25's (if only that were a DCS module) against the F-15C, F-16C, F-14A and F-4E. For Desert Storm, you'd add the MiG-29A/S and F/A-18.

These would be fun historical counterparts especially if you limit the Blues to few or no AIM-54s. But this kind of thing is a long way off since we are waiting for quite a few planes/features.

Just thinking out loud.