Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Ossetia operates with the old weapon restrictions.

Just looked it up. It's fine. Not sure what wrongness you saw there.

Alpenwolf, in Five Points Unleashed there are two cargo loads at the Red FARP that can be (actual-style) slingloaded. I think they were a fuel tank and a logistics box or something. Do those have any effect on the mission, if we take them somewhere?

Also, small bug when you try to contact the FARP on the radio, there's no name for Kalitka in the list of possible ATCs. It's there, and you can contact it on 122.5Mhz, but the name next to "F1" or whatever is blank.

No, not a cargo.

Fixed.

great idea withe Five points unleashed mission, would you please consider making the mission start time a little earlier?? also, is it intended not to alow helos in the farp to get AA crates?? great mission by the way, but it would benefit from having ground units to strike/support. Again thank you very much for your work.

- Why start earlier?

- 2 EWR stations have been added to both coalitions. Check out the briefing for strikers to know where to go to destroy the enemy's.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I dont know what happend but "Catch me if you can" also runs with old weapons.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

- Why start earlier?

- 2 EWR stations have been added to both coalitions. Check out the briefing for strikers to know where to go to destroy the enemy's.

i meant mission start zulu time, most of the mission time goes after midnight and its a terrible waste of a good mission.

Just looked it up. It's fine. Not sure what wrongness you saw there.

No RB-74 (AIM-9L) for the viggens. And no RB-75B what i noticed.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

No RB-74 (AIM-9L) for the viggens. And no RB-75B what i noticed.

Which is exactly how it's supposed to be, man. Restricted. You had me confused there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Which is exactly how it's supposed to be, man. Restricted. You had me confused there.

Are we reverting back to previous weapon restrictions? In that case my apologies.

Are we reverting back to previous weapon restrictions? In that case my apologies.

No apologies needed, brother. As I always say, share your thoughts, feedback, critics and report any issues you notice. I need that to improve the missions :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Just wondering, do you guys usually have the radar turned on for f5 and mig21, to try and pick up contacts? or completely have it off ?

also was wondering, why isnt there discord for this amazing server?

I am always radar on standby in the F-5 unless in dogfight guns mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Just wondering, do you guys usually have the radar turned on for f5 and mig21, to try and pick up contacts? or completely have it off ?

Visual is often enough but it's fun using the MiG21 radar and R3r's.

I think many do not use it though.

... also was wondering, why isnt there discord for this amazing server?

Good to hear the server's amazing, cheers! And to keep it that way: STAY OUT OF DISCORD! Stick to TS and SRS, please.

Hey just a thought:

Wouldnt it be fun for one mission(or two) to have some 80's action?

Ie f15's with sparrows, tomcats, MiG29's etc? Ie non datalink fox 1 aircraft. Tomcat is an exception ofcourse.

These ideas were discussed quite often here. The conclusion was: With most servers offering almost all modules in all missions, I'd rather trim it down to inferior fighters/interceptors. The F-4 and the MiG-23 should suffice once available.

Also the Mi-24 and the AH-1 :-)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I wish i could see that more often, unfortunately i'm yet to see popular servers with 80s equipment (only sparrows and R27R). I do think it would be nice for at least 1 or 2 missions but its ok like it is.

Just wondering, is it possible for the host and mission creator to dissable modern options from some modules? Basically i'm thinking in dissabling MIDS/link 16/jhmcs from F18/F16, so they operate like a 80s version ? Of course i know that is an option for weapons but no idea regarding modern functionality...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I turn it on after AWACS call to get more precision. Even viggens 2D radar works like a charm when tuned correctly.

I wish i could see that more often, unfortunately i'm yet to see popular servers with 80s equipment (only sparrows and R27R). I do think it would be nice for at least 1 or 2 missions but its ok like it is.

Just wondering, is it possible for the host and mission creator to dissable modern options from some modules? Basically i'm thinking in dissabling MIDS/link 16/jhmcs from F18/F16, so they operate like a 80s version ? Of course i know that is an option for weapons but no idea regarding modern functionality...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

There are cold war "1980" servers already available. GS run one, try searching "80" or "1980" for Aim7/R27 action.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

When distance is a bit too large for proper ID of multiple contacts, I switch Mig21 radar on to make a little IFF check and know who's what.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I fully understand, and it would be absolute great to have everyone on coms! The unfortunate reality is that we are about 6 - 10 aviators at the evening missions, and that is about what our GCi can handle. He is finished by the end of the 3-4 hour session.

This leaves little space for another 10 aviators, would be a total meltdown.

I have spoke to a few flyers on the Blue side and they have voiced that they need at least 2 AV8B’s on every mission to have for surgical strikes against the Red’s, even though it is a CAP mission. Great to have for sabotage strikes against the enemy airbase and their FARP’s.

This would be great for the balance of the mission and variation.

Thank you for listening :)

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have spoke to a few flyers on the Blue side and they have voiced that they need at least 2 AV8B’s on every mission to have for surgical strikes against the Red’s, even though it is a CAP mission. Great to have for sabotage strikes against the enemy airbase and their FARP’s.

This would be great for the balance of the mission and variation.

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS

I think you'll find a very different opinion about the AV-8B if you talk to some Red pilots. :) They don't like that you can fly them in some missions now; I'm not sure they are big advocates of adding them to every mission.

The DCS version of the Harrier is a bit too advanced, avionics-wise, for this server with its modern HUD, effective RWR, ARBS and FLIR, etc. I'm over here squinting at ARC stations on the kneeboard in a MiG or calculating the magnetic variation for Abu Dhabi in my Mi-8, and the Harrier Boyz are flying around with a moving map displayed in their cockpit...

To be fair, the same can be said of the Ka-50. I don't want to speak for Alpenwolf but he has said before here that some of the aircraft included are really placeholders for when more appropriate aircraft are introduced into the game like the Sea Harrier, F-8, F-4, Mi-24, etc.

... To be fair, the same can be said of the Ka-50. I don't want to speak for Alpenwolf but he has said before here that some of the aircraft included are really placeholders for when more appropriate aircraft are introduced into the game like the Sea Harrier, F-8, F-4, Mi-24, etc.

Exactly.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey just a thought:

Wouldnt it be fun for one mission(or two) to have some 80's action?

Ie f15's with sparrows, tomcats, MiG29's etc? Ie non datalink fox 1 aircraft. Tomcat is an exception ofcourse.

I would absolutely love this. Alpenwolf, wasn't there an 80's server? Do you think you could bring that back up if possible? Once the MiG-23ML comes out, this could be quite a popular setup.

Actually a realistically-loaded F-14 could still be in this scenario - just limit its payload to 2xAIM-54A mk 47's as was often done in real life. They're easy enough to spoof for the time being anyway.

I would absolutely love this. Alpenwolf, wasn't there an 80's server? Do you think you could bring that back up if possible? Once the MiG-23ML comes out, this could be quite a popular setup.

Actually a realistically-loaded F-14 could still be in this scenario - just limit its payload to 2xAIM-54A mk 47's as was often done in real life. They're easy enough to spoof for the time being anyway.

There was, but that server had nothing to do with me. The F-4 and the miG-23 will be added. Got one mission where you can activate MiG-29A's and M-2000C's (Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi) if a certain objective is completed, but that's it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I think the F-14A would make a better option once it comes out, plus also the Mig-23 ofcourse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry: