VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

After latest update, the Comms Menu pops up and down every 5 seconds...timed it.

Also, when I push my comms switch forward, the Comms Menu comes up. If I push the Comms switch forward again, the Comms Menu closes. The same thing happens when I push the Comms switch back. When I stop pushing the Comms Switch, it goes back to the 5 second routine.

If I close VoiceAttack/Viacom, the Comms Menu does not come up.

One other thing, once in the cockpit, the Comms Menu pops up immediately. At that point, I know I will have a problem.

Any suggestions?

Drac

After latest update, the Comms Menu pops up and down every 5 seconds...timed it.

Also, when I push my comms switch forward, the Comms Menu comes up. If I push the Comms switch forward again, the Comms Menu closes. The same thing happens when I push the Comms switch back. When I stop pushing the Comms Switch, it goes back to the 5 second routine.

If I close VoiceAttack/Viacom, the Comms Menu does not come up.

One other thing, once in the cockpit, the Comms Menu pops up immediately. At that point, I know I will have a problem.

Any suggestions?

Drac

Repair DCS, don't run VoiceAttack until we hear from Hollywood about a fix...

Yup, it gets triggered every few seconds. Also the on-screen text doesn't get hidden even if activated in VAICOM, you see all AWACS calls written down. Player voice also isn't disabled in my case.

Edited by Der Hirte

Yeah , I updated yesterday evening and will be checking it out later this morning - sounds like maybe I should hold off running Voice Attack with it for a bit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Let Hollywood fix and run without Voice for a few days :-)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Many thanks, the time you put in is much appreciated by everyone.

Seconded. I've found VAICOM PRO so immersive, that I simply don't want to fly without it. I mean it just feels wrong when you do. :)

We all look forward to whatever you can work out.

I suppose this goes without saying, but presuming that you can work out the 2.5.6 compatibility issues, it might be a good idea to have some sort of version check in VAICOM so that for 2.5.6 it modifies files in it's location but if you're running an older version it modifies them in the "legacy" location.

For now, I'm running two installs for testing and will have to keep VAICOM away from the 2.5.6 path.

Thanks again!

May Be

an option

NOT to Load Vaicom when Voice Attack Opens, unless profile is selected

~~~~~~Vaicom loads at Voiceattack Startup

EVEN when profile is not selected~~~~~

This means

Playing any other game using voiceattack

will require a REPAIR for next DCS Play

This program is GREAT, Love the immersion... I need it, has become standard Computer start up

Edited by Dispatch

~

May Be

an option

This means

This program is GREAT, Love the immersion... I need it, has become standard Computer start up

Good point on Vaicom loading with Voice Attack, I was just thinking that earlier as I like to use VA with another flight sim - so not going to use it there either for now. It would be nice if I could.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Good point on Vaicom loading with Voice Attack, I was just thinking that earlier as I like to use VA with another flight sim - so not going to use it there either for now. It would be nice if I could.

I've gone back to flying the 109. I have everything I need mapped out on the HOTAS. Once VoiceAttack & Vaicom are sorted, I'll go back to launching them for my Turkey and Bug flights. ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Seconded. I've found VAICOM PRO so immersive, that I simply don't want to fly without it. I mean it just feels wrong when you do. :)

We all look forward to whatever you can work out.

I suppose this goes without saying, but presuming that you can work out the 2.5.6 compatibility issues, it might be a good idea to have some sort of version check in VAICOM so that for 2.5.6 it modifies files in it's location but if you're running an older version it modifies them in the "legacy" location.

For now, I'm running two installs for testing and will have to keep VAICOM away from the 2.5.6 path.

Thanks again!

+1

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Quite a few thing to iron out for 2.5.6. We'll be looking into it.
Thanks, Hollywood and team. Looking forward to the next version.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The easiest workaround for now if you want to use VoiceAttack with other software is to simply move the VAICOM PRO folder out of the APPS folder for VA.

--Softball (experiencing withdrawal symptoms until VAICOM is fixed to work with 2.5.6)

May Be

an option

This means

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

The easiest workaround for now if you want to use VoiceAttack with other software is to simply move the VAICOM PRO folder out of the APPS folder for VA.

--Softball (experiencing withdrawal symptoms until VAICOM is fixed to work with 2.5.6)

Good idea, thanks for the tip.

Don B

Just want to chime in here too. I did upgrade to the latest beta of VA and of course the “DCS World open beta 2.5.6.43453” version. DCS always halts at 10% - then I repair and run DCS without VA and it will then load.

I’m not bitching about this issue, only trying offer my insight.

So, Hollywood, if need a beta tester, I will help you as much as possible. I’m at your disposal sir.

Jeff

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

So, how to get my comms menu's back until the fix is out? I used VCP to disable them. Tried to run it, without running DCS, to RE-ENable. Didn't work. Got the 10% bug. Repaired DCS. Ran DCS again. No menus. I can't talk to my wingmen/tanker/atc now. Funny it works (ATC) on the ground however.

Is there a LUA file I need to root around in to get these back up til the fix?

Still looking.

Thanks.

Edited by jross194

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators