Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Updated Hornet guide with TWS Radar Mode and AGM-62 Walleye II procedures.

Merci !

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I was directed to these guides to check out when getting new modules. They are fantastic, thank you for your brilliant work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Hi Chuck,

I have noticed that in your latest F-18 guide you can just click

any theme in the TABLE OF CONTENTS and jump directly to it.

VERY HANDY, thanks!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hi Chuck

Thank you for the manuals, there going to be a great help.

You mentioned an updated A-10C manual, do you have a release date?

I plan on taking full advantage of the company laser printer

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

Chuck,

As always you have done PHENOMINAL work for the community!! We really appreciate the detail you have put into these.

I have only 2 complaints:

1) Is there anyway you can slightly reduce the full page max color approach? I spend more in Epson ink cartridges than I do in DCS Modules.

2) Can you expand on the fact you now actually have a Patreon thingy? I only accidentally stumbled across it. My point being, we give you a couple more Quid, you give up a few nights - weekends, personal time, birthdays, anniversaries, etc., and we get some more guides!! WIN / WIN!

All joking aside, you have done a HUGE favor/gift to this community! Thanks you SO much!

Nordo

F/A-18C Guide Suggestion

Hi Chuck, I've been using your guide to learn the Hornet, and I've come across an issue and a fix.

On page 74 you describe how to verify INS alignment through comparing your position on the F10 strategic map with your INS position.

Firstly, instead of opening the F10 map and playing around with zooming in all the way and put the pointer exactly over your aircraft, you can simply display the Info-Bar, which shows your current coordinates at all times. No need to zoom and point or anything.

The next issue is that per default the F10 map and Info-Bar display coordinates deg°min'sec", but the Hornet INS displays deg°min.xx', where 'xx' is the hundredths of minutes of the coordinates. There is a keyboard shortcut to change the way coordinates are displayed (sorry, I don't know the default off-hand bc I've modded mine for VR usage), but you can simply flip through the different display methods. You can also set the Hornet to switch between deg°min'sec" and deg°min.hh' by going into DDI -> HSI -> DATA -> A/C -> OSB 15 (lowest on the right) to switch between these two.

Once both the map/bar and INS display coordinates the same, simply compare.

The second issue is that when on 'the boat' if you simply go to DDI -> HSI -> DATA, INS will display WYP 0 (current position) at the start of the mission, which is likely to have changed while the boat is sailing. The better method is to go to DDI -> HSI -> DATA -> A/C, which will display the actual, actively updating, current position of the aircraft. You can actually watch the coordinates change on both the info bar and the A/C display at the same time.

I would suggest showing the info bar method and A/C display for both CV and ground situations, because it always works for both, and it saves on descriptions :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
A-10C Updated guide is live!

Completely re-written from scratch. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot, glad you could complete it sooner than expected :) I really enjoy your Guides, as they are so much easier to follow than ED's Manual :D

Cheers!

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The recently implemented cockpit update made me really want to devote myself to the A-10C (what makes such a graphics update ...). And I don't care about modules like F-14, F-16, JF-17, ... either. Anyway, I was quite surprised today when I saw your revised Chucks Guide for the A-10C. I scanned it shortly. And you did a really great job! No comparison to the old version. That you generally addressed the topics in more detail was exactly what the old version was missing. For me, who is still struggling with the handling of the A-10C module, it is a real help. I will work through it for the next few days. Thanks for your effort.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No ETA yet, but it's progressing.

The cockpit description, start-up procedure, takeoff, landing, and HOTAS sections are completed.

The Sensors section is being worked on (FCR done, Targeting Pod WIP, Maverick not yet implemented).

Thx for the update Boss!

Just want to express again my sincere thanks for these great guides you provide Chuck!

Obviously a tremendous amount of painstaking work goes into them.

I am still learning the Hornet, getting there and hopefully will not be long before I can feel confidently flying some combat missions.

Your guide has really helped me along the way.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just want to express again my sincere thanks for these great guides you provide Chuck!

Obviously a tremendous amount of painstaking work goes into them.

I am still learning the Hornet, getting there and hopefully will not be long before I can feel confidently flying some combat missions.

Your guide has really helped me along the way.

Well said sir! Couldn't agree more!! S! :thumbup:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria