VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I still have this issue and nobody has mentioned this yet...

2069070863_Annotation2020-01-19134940.jpg.408d85b89e8f00a9a119feedd758f1e2.jpg

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

With the latest updates, I no longer hear feedback. I am able to see the responses visually...but no audio feedback. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Flying the Hornet

I get that sometimes, but it's not update related. All I do is exit VA and DCS, restart VA and DCS (in that order) and it has always worked to clear the problem for me.

I get that sometimes, but it's not update related. All I do is exit VA and DCS, restart VA and DCS (in that order) and it has always worked to clear the problem for me.

Thanks for your feedback. I just tried what have stated and no joy. For clarification:

I would say "Chief, Remove the wheel chocks"

I would hear "Chief, Remove the wheel chock"

I would see the response "Copy" but no audio"

This is what happens to all my commands.

Edit: Problem solved. Opened Vaicom menu and went to the Audio Tab. Once there, I moved the toggle switch from "Oper" to "Off".

Edited by Drac

Noob to DCS here but I've been using Vaicom pro since I started about a month ago. Love your software! Just wanted to report that I have also lost AOCS with this update. Command is understood but no text to speech occurs. Everything else is working well for me.

Also, a request for a future update: can chatter be set to pause when the game state is paused?

Thanks!

Question about new MP options: The manual describes "Mic to Human Players" DISABLED as "Select this if you don’t want your talks to AI units to be heard by fellow players on the same frequency."

Can this work even when the same PTT key is being used for VAICOM TX and SRS radio? (If not, what is the recommended PTT configuration?) If so, does VAICOM block transmission over the SRS radio while it tries to detect a command? If so, does that introduce a delay when I'm talking to a fellow player? Some examples of use with different setups would be helpful.

BTW, have you thought about integration with Discord or Teamspeak PTT as well?

Thanks so much for this incredible product Hollywood!

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

@hollywood_315

Some thing i noticed in manual, so if you can please correct them:

1. keyword reference table -under column "remarks" on some of the items there is text "Profile cmd see page 38" - but it points to page 38 which has topics HELP PAGE, RESET PAGE (wrong page reference)

2. explanation of EX tab page 31 - these two i just can't figure

* [AIRIO] Show Messages --> Displays on-screen call confirmations and options / hints for Jester/Iceman voice commands.

* [AIRIO] Hints Only Displays messages only for incomplete commands: instructions for correct voice command usage is shown on screen

The second explanation is little blurry - it shows messages only of incomplete commands - instructions for voice command is shown on screen ? Where on screen - inside VA screen, or on my DCS monitor screen ? Can you please add

picture for explanation of difference?

3. Can you please add separate topic only for update procedure? For us that have all configured, how to properly and only update the current setup? Because like the topics are wrtitten now in manual, i am at lost every time i need to make update

4. also add the part abut where are trained speech files stored, and explanation that they are independent , i.e. when removing VA from PC, speech training files are still there on a PC

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Request to the Tomcat drivers:

I chewing several weeks on the Navgrid commands - the simply dont work; I can setup Navgrid to bullseye via map marker, but all the other grid voice commands are recognized via Viacom/VA, acknowledged by Jester, but my beloved AI Rio simply doesn't do anything (Grid Enable/Disable, Absolute/Relative Heading, Sectors, etc.)

Running latest version of DCS OB, Voice Attack and Viacom.

Thanks for any pointers in advance!

I have the same problem as @overalien and @utexgrad with the ACOS beeing mute.

VoiceAttack says that is reading the briefing but I cant hear any sound.

Please explain how you got this working (the part of reading briefing)? I set up AM frequency, on 284 AM, and then push any of tx buttons and I say crystal palace status or briefing- - and i get no response at all? Other commands works fine..

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I fixed the no-redirect drivers issue in DCS options - so that is working fine now. this made no difference to AOCS being muted - despite all redirects being disabled everywhere. various resets and re-installs also failed to help. tested the "single TTS Instance" option in VA. This also makes no difference. maybe we should collect some info on the others who have the same issue to see if we find some commonality. My HW specs are below in my sig, in addition i use the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headphones. My problem started two updates ago, same as the other reports.

Maybe you could try and chechk volume - click right mouse on volume icon in taskbar, and select "Open volume mixer" and check all sliders..Maybe one of them is muted?

1.jpg.4347c2c8b648305492743dd50a22a0f8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I did not do anything actually apart from updating VAICOM PRO when prompted and doing what the updated manual said existing users needed to do in their Voice Attack Profile for VAICOM PRO, removing the start stop listning rows for TX press and release.

But I said Chrystal Palace Briefing not Status, I dont remember what happened when I tried status. Anyway I dont hear any sound for any of the AOCS commands so it doesnt work for me either. All other commands work though.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Edited by Fisherman82

I did not do anything actually apart from updating VAICOM PRO when prompted and doing what the updated manual said existing users needed to do in their Voice Attack Profile for VAICOM PRO, removing the start stop listning rows for TX press and release.

But I said Chrystal Palace Briefing not Status, I dont remember what happened when I tried status. Anyway I dont hear any sound for any of the AOCS commands so it doesnt work for me either. All other commands work though.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

+1 :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

+1 :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:
is there specific requency for AOC now? I think i updated mine and it did work but only tried it once. I had no sound issue with AOC few weeks ago and it was due to sound settings i messed with in the settings. Might not be your issue but maybe recheck them even though you didnt touch them. It drove me nuts

I'm just getting to test the new version now, so far this are my findings:

In general things appear to be working.

I don't really use AOCS but i've tired it since a lot of people are having trouble, and it is working for me. Now that xWARGOx has asked the question (if there is a specific frequency for AOCS, and since the answer is yes). I wonder if that's the trouble people are having? Beeing used to the old way of doing things, they didn't notice it in the announcement or the manual?

It could be something else, but just putting it out there that some could be having trouble because of this. So far no trouble on my end, there's still a few things I want to figure out, exactly how integration works etc.

Will report any findings.

Little update after tonight update - pic1 AOCS reads my briefing at the start of mission only when Auto brief is selected..When i set my freq to 284 am, and press tx buton and ask crsytal palace for status or briefing nothing..Only in my VA i get text in pic2

1.jpg.ec74886eed38ad86f51ed835a43e6898.jpg

2.jpg.09135dcc95434dae55fcb3393db3b472.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Little update after tonight update - pic1 AOCS reads my briefing at the start of mission only when Auto brief is selected..When i set my freq to 284 am, and press tx buton and ask crsytal palace for status or briefing nothing..Only in my VA i get text in pic2

I'm having trouble with that but that's because I can't get speach recognigtion to get to the desired cofidence the best I got was 59/60. lol I did get a "christal palace status" once. But if I try something simpler like "Texaco status" or "texaco interrogate" it is working.

Hello Folks, I'am using the Vaicom Expansion AIRIO for the F14.

Up until like 4 Weeks or so I was able to use it on every online server.

But not anymore.

I’m asking as voiceattac is giving me on most (not all) servers, the message “AIRIO commands are not available at this time.”

The normal Vaicom PugIn functions do work. Like talking with the Groudcrew.

But Jester isnt responding.

As an example:

So I can use AIRIO on Blueflag Caucasus.

But I can’t use AIRIO on Blue Flag Persian Golf at the moment.

Can anyone using AIRIO please verify that ?

Both Servers do have "Allow player export eneabled"

What am I missng here ? :helpsmilie:

Seems everyone kinda keeps ignoring the issue that the config menu won't display. kinda annoying, I have to delete the config file to get it to show again and if i close it it refuses to show again till i delete the config file. Everytime deleting the config file is getting really annoying because i have to select all my options again and even then some don't want to work properly.

Hello Folks, I'am using the Vaicom Expansion AIRIO for the F14.

Up until like 4 Weeks or so I was able to use it on every online server.

But not anymore.

I’m asking as voiceattac is giving me on most (not all) servers, the message “AIRIO commands are not available at this time.”

The normal Vaicom PugIn functions do work. Like talking with the Groudcrew.

But Jester isnt responding.

As an example:

So I can use AIRIO on Blueflag Caucasus.

But I can’t use AIRIO on Blue Flag Persian Golf at the moment.

Can anyone using AIRIO please verify that ?

Both Servers do have "Allow player export eneabled"

What am I missng here ? :helpsmilie:

I and the pilots I fly with that use Vaicom have the same issue. I do not know the cause.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3