DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Just a few thoughts in case ED is watching the thread.....

With all the work put into the supper carrier, the other low res AI aircraft really need an update (SH-60 and S-3) also we need a C-2....heck if a EA-6B were thrown in we'd have a full CVW circa early 2000's, for realism/immersion this needs to happen and not a user mod.

Also someone needs to do an MH-60 module....so much flexibility in the aircraft (US Navy, USAF, US Army and 160th SOAR).

Also I wonder, if you can man the air boss station, will you be able to assign commands to Aircraft? For instance, you are in Multi player, you could radio the pilots what cat or parking spot to go to but how will the deck crew know unless there is some sort of command interface and there should be a digital version on the ouija board.

Some with the LSO position, will you have a controller for the IFLOLS?

Also with the carrier module include AI ships that typically comprise a carrier strike group because that kind of seems like a no brainer for a paid carrier module as well. (It is composed of roughly at least one cruiser, a destroyer squadron of at least two destroyers or frigates, US submarines, attached logistics ships and a supply ship.)

Just one mans opinion, but I'd be willing to shell out even more that a regular module price for something that advanced.

Edited by JFO82

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

the other low res AI aircraft really need an update (SH-60 and S-3)

Also with the carrier module include AI ships that typically comprise a carrier strike group because that kind of seems like a no brainer for a paid carrier module as well. (It is composed of roughly at least one cruiser, a destroyer squadron of at least two destroyers or frigates, US submarines, attached logistics ships and a supply ship.)

SH-60 and S-3 has on plans to update them. About ship, ED has building a DDG-51 Arleigh Burke Flight IIA destroyer.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I wonder if it would be possible, or if ED is already considering this, to model some sort of CIC (combat information center) that a player could man and give intercept directions to aircraft around the boat? Just a thought.

I think that's called GCI.

At the rate we're going the new carrier will take 'multi-crew' to a whole new level, where you and five thousand of your best friends get together to make the screws turn.

I've done my time pulling an oar; I'll stick to launching off the end and crashing into the back.

I wonder if it would be possible, or if ED is already considering this, to model some sort of CIC (combat information center) that a player could man and give intercept directions to aircraft around the boat? Just a thought.

You either go into the F10 map, and use the ruler to get the BRAA for enemy aircraft (or anything on the map really). Or in MP, you can typically go to "game master" and accomplish this, if things are hidden on the map. Depending on which server you are in, it may require a friendly AWACS to be airborne for air contacts to be displayed. Then there is LotAtc, which is 3rd party and a whole different animal (but quite realistic).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks for the tip daarseth but I am fully aware of how to do that. I was just wondering if ED had considered modeling a room to go into aboard the carrier that would be its CIC with some type of representation of a radar scope with which we could use to vector fighters out to bogies.

Never mind though, it's a rediculous suggestion. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the tip daarseth but I am fully aware of how to do that. I was just wondering if ED had considered modeling a room to go into aboard the carrier that would be its CIC with some type of representation of a radar scope with which we could use to vector fighters out to bogies.

I wouldn’t call it a ridiculous suggestion.. With the briefing room that has been teased for the new carrier - seems like an option that would potentially be in the wheel house.

Oh also, we live in (or at least claim) the same state out of the 50 in country. PNW is pretty solid.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I wouldn't call it ridiculous. If resources permit, I think it'd add to the carrier experience. We're getting a manned LSO station and a briefing room, so adding another position, with at least some basic CIC functionality for radars etc sounds feasible, perhaps at a later stage.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Is there anywhere where ED has said if the new carrier will have a proper wake? For instance, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBntiTDu7rU&t=18m17s

You can see how dramatically different a real carrier wake is from the DCS carrier currently. This is important because it is used as a reference during the turn to the groove. It's also one of the ways to find and identify the carrier visually.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Carrier launch/line up

This is more of a question directed to the upcoming Super Carrier.

Lately, I’ve been having trouble with lining up with the catapults. I will get into position and I think I am lined up perfectly. I press U to connect to the shuttle, and do my final checks. After press Shift U to command the launch. Problem is afterwards I realize I wasn’t perfectly aligned. It seems that with just a slight misalignment either jet (F-14, F-18) the end result is a jet crabbing across the bow with a possible loss of control.

My question is, will the Super Carrier minimize or solve this problem? Or is this even avoidable or any technique I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Personally, in the F/A-18, I line up a little further back and taxi forward with the center of the flight path vector right down the track. Afterllineup, I taxi a few more feet forward, if the track stays right in the center of the circle I'll lower the launch bar. Haven't had an issue with that.

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8,