Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Anyone having issues when they are in game and you remove your headset for a minute and put it back on you lose tracking?

Rift S headset.

It will frequently not be at the same point in space when I put it back on my head, but that’s what the “center view” button is for, mapped to my HOTAS. If you mean it just continually can’t track your head after you take it off, then no, I don’t get that. Works well for me, and I frequently take the headset off and put it aside, when I pause the game to go do something else.

Oculus Rift S / Aorus GTX 1080TI / Intel i7 7700k @4.2 GHz

/ 32GB DDR4 RAM @2400 MHz / TB250-BTC Biostar Motherboard / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog PC / Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals / Windows 10 / Western Digital 500GB SSD

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will frequently not be at the same point in space when I put it back on my head, but that’s what the “center view” button is for, mapped to my HOTAS. If you mean it just continually can’t track your head after you take it off, then no, I don’t get that. Works well for me, and I frequently take the headset off and put it aside, when I pause the game to go do something else.

My experience as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi guys! I am considering this headset fro my first VR experience but I am interested in knowing which performance should I expect first.

Do you know more or less if I will be able to have a good experience with:

- 7700K @ 4,8 ghz

- EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA

- 32 GB RAM @ 3200 mhz

- Game on SSD

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hi guys! I am considering this headset fro my first VR experience but I am interested in knowing which performance should I expect first.

- 7700K @ 4,8 ghz

- EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA

- 32 GB RAM @ 3200 mhz

- Game on SSD

Yes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes.

Thanks mate! Do you happen to know how many FPS should I expect?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Thanks mate! Do you happen to know how many FPS should I expect?

With ASW employed, you will be at 40 fps a fair amount of time, like when down low or a lot of activity going on, but it will be smooth. Will have some slight ghosting of planes as they fly by when at 40 fps, some folks it bothers more than others. I personally do not find it a big annoyance.

When not a lot of activity and up higher, you will be at 80 fps (ASW not kicked in) and it will be ideal.

Keep in mind with ASW on and at 40 fps, it is interpolating every other frame for an 80 Hz end result.

Alternatively you can run it with ASW disabled and get varying framerates, however may introduce some stutter when down low. And the stutter can be subjective also as to how it appears to the individual.

Overall you should get a decent experience.

Don B

With ASW employed, you will be at 40 fps a fair amount of time, like when down low or a lot of activity going on, but it will be smooth. Will have some slight ghosting of planes as they fly by when at 40 fps, some folks it bothers more than others. I personally do not find it a big annoyance.

When not a lot of activity and up higher, you will be at 80 fps (ASW not kicked in) and it will be ideal.

Keep in mind with ASW on and at 40 fps, it is interpolating every other frame for an 80 Hz end result.

Alternatively you can run it with ASW disabled and get varying framerates, however may introduce some stutter when down low. And the stutter can be subjective also as to how it appears to the individual.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input. I will keep thinking about it.

- 7700K @ 4,8 ghz

- EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA

- 32 GB RAM @ 3200 mhz

- Game on SSD

I have a similar setup. Same videocard, but older CPU and RAM. With most settings at high and PD at 1.6, I can easily hold 40 FPS at low altitude in populated areas. I used this guide as a baseline and tweaked it as necessary.

https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/15/rift-s-setup-in-dcs/

Hey dburne - while on the subject of ASW and the "Auto" setting... you seem very knowledgeable on the subject and on the Rift S in general. Got a question for you.

Are you aware of any setting or configuration option where you are able to modify the threshold at which ASW kicks in? Let me explain...

I had a pre-configured system that shipped with Win10 Home which was working pretty well however I made the decision to perform a "fresh, completely clean" Window 10 Pro install (as I was annoyed with a lot of pre-installed bloatware that came with the system and the fact that Win10 auto updates are hard to impede in Win10 home... plus the OCD in me just wanted to know I had a 100% fresh install).

Anyhow when firing up DCS for the first time with the Rift (ASW in Auto) after installing and tweaking for a few days I noticed that same mission on the same hardware, identical nvidia & DCS settings runs 100% of the time @ 40fps (in comparison on the previous Win10Home install it would run largely at 80fps but dropped at times of lots of activity to 40fps). This led me to believe the new Win10Pro install was running WORSE until on a whim I set ASW to OFF only to realize the game runs like 98% of the time at 80fps... no juddering, no ghosting... even with MSAA 2x/pd 1.4 (which I could never get to work w/o juddering)... a solid 80fps almost all the time (except for maybe when there's lots of explosions, or maybe a bit of judder when flying over tons of trees at really low level or coming off a low level bomb run it'll hiccup for a bit).

Switching ASW to Auto and it immediately goes to 40fps... even when out in the middle of nowhere over the ocean. leads me to believe something weird is going on with my setup.

Optimally I'd like to have ASW set to auto for the 2% of the time I need it to smooth things out but it seems for whatever reason once it's set to auto it just turns on all the time even when I don't really need it. I had not experienced this before...

Curious if you have any thoughts? Any settings around that you are aware of?

Edited by Twwhitey

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Hey dburne - while on the subject of ASW and the "Auto" setting... you seem very knowledgeable on the subject and on the Rift S in general. Got a question for you.

Are you aware of any setting or configuration option where you are able to modify the threshold at which ASW kicks in? Let me explain...

I had a pre-configured system that shipped with Win10 Home which was working pretty well however I made the decision to perform a "fresh, completely clean" Window 10 Pro install (as I was annoyed with a lot of pre-installed bloatware that came with the system and the fact that Win10 auto updates are hard to impede in Win10 home... plus the OCD in me just wanted to know I had a 100% fresh install).

Anyhow when firing up DCS for the first time with the Rift (ASW in Auto) after installing and tweaking for a few days I noticed that same mission on the same hardware, identical nvidia & DCS settings runs 100% of the time @ 40fps (in comparison on the previous Win10Home install it would run largely at 80fps but dropped at times of lots of activity to 40fps). This led me to believe the new Win10Pro install was running WORSE until on a whim I set ASW to OFF only to realize the game runs like 98% of the time at 80fps... no juddering, no ghosting... even with MSAA 2x/pd 1.4 (which I could never get to work w/o juddering)... a solid 80fps almost all the time (except for maybe when there's lots of explosions, or maybe a bit of judder when flying over tons of trees at really low level or coming off a low level bomb run it'll hiccup for a bit).

Switching ASW to Auto and it immediately goes to 40fps... even when out in the middle of nowhere over the ocean. leads me to believe something weird is going on with my setup.

Optimally I'd like to have ASW set to auto for the 2% of the time I need it to smooth things out but it seems for whatever reason once it's set to auto it just turns on all the time even when I don't really need it. I had not experienced this before...

Interesting, im going to test around with that tonight.:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

How are you switching ASW modes?

I have been running auto for a couple weeks or so now, and mine certainly does get to 80 fps a fair amount of the time.

Like taking off from the carrier in the Hornet - Persian Gulf. During startup and taxi I am at 40 fps, soon as I get airborne it goes to 80 fps.

For reference:

Control-Numpad1: Disables ASW and returns to the standard rendering mode.

Control-Numpad2: Forces apps to 45Hz with ASW disabled. Depending on the application, you are likely to experience judder.

Control-Numpad3: Forces apps to 45Hz with ASW enabled. Enabling and disabling ASW will help you see the effects of ASW.

Control-Numpad4: Enables ASW. ASW will automatically turn on and off, depending on whether the app maintains a 90Hz frame rate. This will be the default rendering mode when ASW is officially enabled in the runtime.

I personally use the Oculus Tray Tool. And no you can not modify at which fps level it turns on or off.

I will also note I find 1.3 PD to be the sweet spot for me, anything over and I start to get more of a performance hit. I use the Oculus Tray Tool to set the SS for this.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I use the Oculus Tray Tool to set the SS for this.

What SS setting are you using for DCS?

Currently i'm running some tests after reading this: Rift-S setup for DCS and i'm running into some trouble when running OTT with the "Application Render Timing" in the vidual HUD overlay. It works on the first run, but if i change some setting and run DCS again the Rift-S bails, the screen goes black and the internal led goes to orange. If i then look at the monitor, DCS is stull running. Only way out is quiting everything (OTT, Oculus software and DCS) and start over. I can then go for another run without a problem, if i change some settings and restart, same thing happens. During the second run something in the OTT makes the Rift-S crash. If i don't run the OTT, all is fine. It happens even with everything set to default but the moment i use the "Application Render Timing" in the visual HUD it goes belly up on the second try.

This brings me to the second thing (and your SS setting): according to the website, the frametime should be in the lower tens (10-15) to keep everything smooth. I only get on the high end of the lower tens if i turn almost everything down to a point where i just don't like what i see, way to much shimmering and way to much jagged edges (that run up and down when you move your head which i find just awful to watch at and disturbing). Again according to the website, SS set to 1.5-1.7 should be a sweet spot (depending on hardware) but i don't see any difference with it set to any value.

For me, inside DCS MSAA x4 and Anisotropic filtering set to x8 or x16 does a lot more then SS does (inside DCS it is set to OFF). With this i have CPU in the lower tens but on the GPU sits around 23-25ms which is way above the recommendation on the website.

On a side note: I always wonder how these things actually work when you set it to OFF in the nVidia profile, to ON in the game and to OFF again in the OTT (or whatever combo i set it to). In the end i arrive at a point that i don't know anymore if it is actually ON or OFF (same with other graphic settings). I would be nice if one could set these things at one place only!

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I set MSAA to x2, AF to X16, and SS in Oculus Tray Tool with a profile for DCS.exe to 1.3.

Don B

I have a setup quiet similar to yours and I also started by the setup proposed in the link you provide. Honestly, after spending few days to try the settings, understand their impact and experiment how bad AWS can be, I don't recommend to follow this link...

The goal is clearly to play at 80Hz and to accept that during taxi, take-off and landing to have ASW on but depending the scene, not always...

First, your SS is way too high. Just to have an idea, a SS of 1.4 feed the GPU with more than 11'000'000 pixels, it is 1.4x the number of pixel of a 4K screen. I found the sweet spot to be 1.2 with my 1080ti. And I easily believe it is 1.3 for a 2080ti.

For info I don't use Oculus Tray Tool because the same issues you describe and the PD setting in DCS is exactly the same because it is a native implementation of the Occulus SDK behind. In DCS with the ctrl + num pad keys you can change the ASW mode so you have everything included, except the HUDs for monitoring your FPS but you can use the oculus debug tool in the oculus support installation folder.

Important note, changing the MSAA setting require to quit and relaunch DCS to take effect, even if the game don't ask for. I lost a lot of time, thinking that this setting didn't have real impact and was a placebo. But It has a nice impact but also on performances.

For me the mandatory settings are:

PD 1.2

Texture: High (nice cockpit first)

MSAAx2 (to reduce aliasing and shimmering)

Filter Anisotropic x 16 (I find it to much important to accept comprise and it don't tax to much the system)

Terrain shadows: OFF (not worth the price in perf)

Global illumination: OFF (not worth the price in perf)

Then I start the optimization with all the setting at the lowest possible value. And increase at much as possible the ones that are the most important for me. Overall, it is a trade-off between Distance view and Shadows to keep the 80Hz.

Last but not least, I found that the following setting in the Nvidia control panel gives clearer image:

Filtering quality : Best performance (yes best performance, try it!)

Sorry for the long post and the approximative English. Hope it will help you to find your settings but I think you are not far.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Important note, changing the MSAA setting require to quit and relaunch DCS to take effect, even if the game don't ask for.

I already had the idea something wasn't always updated if i changed MSAA.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

How are you switching ASW modes?

I have been running auto for a couple weeks or so now, and mine certainly does get to 80 fps a fair amount of the time.

Like taking off from the carrier in the Hornet - Persian Gulf. During startup and taxi I am at 40 fps, soon as I get airborne it goes to 80 fps.

For reference:

Control-Numpad1: Disables ASW and returns to the standard rendering mode.

Control-Numpad2: Forces apps to 45Hz with ASW disabled. Depending on the application, you are likely to experience judder.

Control-Numpad3: Forces apps to 45Hz with ASW enabled. Enabling and disabling ASW will help you see the effects of ASW.

Control-Numpad4: Enables ASW. ASW will automatically turn on and off, depending on whether the app maintains a 90Hz frame rate. This will be the default rendering mode when ASW is officially enabled in the runtime.

I personally use the Oculus Tray Tool. And no you can not modify at which fps level it turns on or off.

I will also note I find 1.3 PD to be the sweet spot for me, anything over and I start to get more of a performance hit. I use the Oculus Tray Tool to set the SS for this.

So I'm using the OTT tray tool exclusively to set/change the ASW mode for DCS (I use the OTT Profiles capability where I set ASW to OFF or Auto, SS to 1.4).

I tried dabbling a bit with the keystrokes you've mentioned above but they didn't appear to work within DCS at first glance so I've been exiting out, changing the profile and restarting DCS (ensuring I get the audio queue that my profile is enabled). I'll re-try those... do they 100% work in real-time from WITHIN DCS?

I'll also drop the PD/SS to 1.3 to see if I notice any difference. I did pull up the OTT overlay briefly the other day to check the frametime perf and noticed I believe I was getting 10ms-12ms frametimes yet still enabling ASW Auto automatically triggered ASW on just about all the time - which again is weird.

At the end of the day, the fresh Win10 Pro install coupled with the dedicated effort to really clean & tweak the OS using some guides I found online (disabling unnecessary services, limiting installed & start-up apps, removing unnecessary bloatware, etc.) did appear to bear some benefits. (And this is on Win10 build 1903 which is supposedly one of the worst builds for gaming). My "test" mission is the F/A-18 Caucasus Instant Action "Free Flight" mission... when entering that mission I just descend & fly low level circles over the town you start above looking around, etc. and I was previously unable to activate any MSAA (x2) AND SS >1.0 at the same time without getting juddering/ghosting (I could enable one or the other but not both)... now with the new install and settings mentioned zero juddering/ghosting, I can fly right above buildings and it's a smooth 80fps. I was literally shocked when I disabled ASW and it was smooth (I had spent hours and hours over the previous months tweaking my previous install, nVidia settings, DCS settings, driver updates, etc. to no solution). I only mention this for those on the fence who may have purchased a pre-installed system... it's a real pain-in-the-a## starting from scratch (took several days of effort) but appears to be worth the hassle.

Edited by Twwhitey

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

So I'm using the OTT tray tool exclusively to set/change the ASW mode for DCS (I use the OTT Profiles capability where I set ASW to OFF or Auto, SS to 1.4).

I tried dabbling a bit with the keystrokes you've mentioned above but they didn't appear to work within DCS at first glance so I've been exiting out, changing the profile and restarting DCS (ensuring I get the audio queue that my profile is enabled). I'll re-try those... do they 100% work in real-time from WITHIN DCS?

I'll also drop the PD/SS to 1.3 to see if I notice any difference. I did pull up the OTT overlay briefly the other day to check the frametime perf and noticed I believe I was getting 10ms-12ms frametimes yet still enabling ASW Auto automatically triggered ASW on just about all the time - which again is weird.

At the end of the day, the fresh Win10 Pro install coupled with the dedicated effort to really clean & tweak the OS using some guides I found online (disabling unnecessary services, limiting installed & start-up apps, removing unnecessary bloatware, etc.) did appear to bear some benefits. (And this is on Win10 build 1903 which is supposedly one of the worst builds for gaming). My "test" mission is the F/A-18 Caucasus Instant Action "Free Flight" mission... when entering that mission I just descend & fly low level circles over the town you start above looking around, etc. and I was previously unable to activate any MSAA (x2) AND SS >1.0 at the same time without getting juddering/ghosting (I could enable one or the other but not both)... now with the new install and settings mentioned zero juddering/ghosting, I can fly right above buildings and it's a smooth 80fps. I was literally shocked when I disabled ASW and it was smooth (I had spent hours and hours over the previous months tweaking my previous install, nVidia settings, DCS settings, driver updates, etc. to no solution). I only mention this for those on the fence who may have purchased a pre-installed system... it's a real pain-in-the-a## starting from scratch (took several days of effort) but appears to be worth the hassle.

Good to see you are making progress and getting a better experience.

I will have to have another go with ASW off and see how it does for me.

I don't typically use the keystrokes as I use profiles in OTT, the couple of times I have used them for changing on the fly they seemed to work fine.

Don B

I have a similar setup. Same videocard, but older CPU and RAM. With most settings at high and PD at 1.6, I can easily hold 40 FPS at low altitude in populated areas. I used this guide as a baseline and tweaked it as necessary.

https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/15/rift-s-setup-in-dcs/

And how fluid it is? I assume that the 40 FPS get interpolated and goes up to 80 FPS?

And how fluid it is? I assume that the 40 FPS get interpolated and goes up to 80 FPS?

It does, but 40 is perhaps pushing it, it's about as low I would be comfortable to go with motion interpolation.

For instance I couldn't reach that stable with the Pimax 5k and that is one of the main reasons it's shelved in favour of the Rift-S, best I got with that was 36 and that was honestly not good enough, seriously those 4 fps really matter.

With the S as well, the new LCD panel is so much more responsive than the OLED of the CV1 80 in that feels like 120 would with the other, you would have to look hard for edge cases and panning motion to actually notice it.

I run my S with a oculus traytool setting of 1.3x supersampling, with SSA ingame of 1.5, oddly enough this performs better than MSAA for me, it really shouldn't but it does.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

It does, but 40 is perhaps pushing it, it's about as low I would be comfortable to go with motion interpolation.

For instance I couldn't reach that stable with the Pimax 5k and that is one of the main reasons it's shelved in favour of the Rift-S, best I got with that was 36 and that was honestly not good enough, seriously those 4 fps really matter.

With the S as well, the new LCD panel is so much more responsive than the OLED of the CV1 80 in that feels like 120 would with the other, you would have to look hard for edge cases and panning motion to actually notice it.

I run my S with a oculus traytool setting of 1.3x supersampling, with SSA ingame of 1.5, oddly enough this performs better than MSAA for me, it really shouldn't but it does.

Interesting re the SSAA setting of 1.5. I turned this off and just run MSAA at 2x and PD 1.3 with the Tray Tool. Does having the SSAA @ 1.5 have a similar effect visually as MSAA?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Rift S and Video Recording

Hey guys,

I just switched to the Oculus Rift S and it is way batter than the original Rift. (I returned it due to missing sharpness).

I am now wondering how to best record my flying sessions. I tried around with different crops of the original VR video but I am not super happy with the quality of the recording, despite my monitor resolution of 3440 x 1440. I guess zooming into the recording to make it fit a 16:9 window just costs a lot of quality.

Has anyone a tip on how to improve the recording quality?

Thanks guys!

BTW: I made a short video of my recording tests here:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

Interesting re the SSAA setting of 1.5. I turned this off and just run MSAA at 2x and PD 1.3 with the Tray Tool. Does having the SSAA @ 1.5 have a similar effect visually as MSAA?

They are two forms of AA, but MSAA would be newer, and should be the more efficient, and less power hungry, but I for some reason get better perf with the SSAA setting.

Might just be that, that is less taxing for VR than MSAA.

Personally I just chalk it up to "VR being weird" or just me.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

SSAA is for monitor use.

Don B

In my experience SSAA does nothing for VR, it's for monitor use. MSAA 2x and MFAA on in NCP is how I've settled.

Creator & Developer of XSAF ::An AI model that wants to kill you, and needs no help from humans.

Discord: PravusJSB#9484   twitch.tv/pravusjsb  https://www.patreon.com/XSAF  https://discord.gg/pC9EBe8vWU https://bmc.link/johnsbeaslu

Work with me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/pravusjsb

Help with rift s

I had the commercial version of rift before but bought the rift s for two reasons the first better display and second the built in sensors.

With the rift I just open dcs and it went straight into vr mode.

With rift s I opened dcs no vr, tried opening rift s desktop or what ever the default program is and no menu no dcs no previous vr apps from rift .

1) how to get dcs I NVG with rift s?

2) how to get my rift apps in rift s?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.