Multiplayer server list

speshtiny

Same here... not only MP server list - i have problem in DCS main window suddenly. Only every ~8 seconds i can do something (click), if i hovering above menu buttons it wil be highlighted every ~8 sec.

In MP also...

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Everything is ok now... I uninstalled Perun for DCS (deleted files from scripts/hooks and json folder) then no problems.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• ED Team

while the server list is searching the refresh icon will be blue, allow it to complete its search. Can take 30 seconds or more if there are many servers.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've got the exact same thing going on. DCS works fine in single play but freezes up a few seconds after clicking multiplayer. As a test I uninstalled Tacview and SRS but no luck. As I see it it started after the latest update in openbeta.

• ED Team

can I ask you to attach your dcs.logs after this happens, we are looking for clues.

Thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

can I ask you to attach your dcs.logs after this happens, we are looking for clues.

Both I and my son had this last night, the last line in my dcs.log was something like

2019-11-06 22:27:10.786 INFO    NET: client has started
2019-11-06 22:27:10.788 INFO    NET: Using LEDBAT for UDP congestion control.

The DCS Server List GUI stopped responding, I couldn't change windows focus i.e. display the Task Manager, Chrome, etc. but mouse clicks and Alt+F4 would pass through to the hidden apps under the GUI.

To host a game, I quickly clicked the "New Server" button (as it seemed I had a limited time / mouse actions i.e. to scroll the server list; before the GUI froze).

Leaving DCS alone, it worked for my son after 20 sec - 2 min, however in my case I had to force DCS to close several times i.e. I gave up waiting after +4 minutes.

Testing this morning the DCS Server List GUI worked fine and I was able to log in to Operation Ares 5.5.

Testing 4 hours later (perhaps there were more servers / players), I saw a 2 - 8 second lag in mouse actions (i.e. mouse click, scroll wheel, etc.) when the server list is loading / refreshed.

To test, press the "refresh" icon at the top of the GUI (it turns blue) and used the mouse scroll wheel, in my case it was taking 2-4 seconds for the list to respond (i.e. scroll).

Once the list was fully refreshed i.e. the "refresh" icon was orange; mouse clicks, scroll wheel, etc. actions worked instantly.

My last attempt to refresh the Server list was +6 minutes with no DCS response to mouse actions, DCS used 16-18% CPU and 1.9 GB memory at the time I used Task Manager to end my test.

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.39003

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

Thanks for the log Ramsey,

Can I also ask what antivirus you are using?

I will pass this on to a dev to check.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Same here, Windows 10 1903, 3rd gen Ryzen CPU, music even pauses when Alt-Tabbing twice while servers are refreshing. Log: https://pastebin.com/TfCT44np

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence