Dedicated Server GUI doesn't work

MKLele

PS Try to add lines

respect_alt_f4 = true

net.force_ipv4_lan=true

to 'Saved Games\%DCSDS%\autoexec.cfg'

Sadly the lines had no effect on the local WebGUI or the remote one. Server not responding. Also the server is opening local TVPV6 and UDPV6 connections.

DS has the same system requirements.

I will discuss here ONLY hardware/software described on official site. Please understand:

- DS doesn't respond - it's (possible) bug.

- DS doesn't respond on Win Server is NOT a bug because of your software (Windows Server) doesn't meet system requirements. This is additional feature and it's already added to programmer's task.

Please don't mix it. Thanks.

Thanks for clarification and for forwarding it to the programmers. Please do keep in mind that we still don't have solid confirmation that it is an incompatibility between Windows Server (2016/2019) and DCS DS.

However, I hope it is clear to everyone involved hosting permanent servers for the community that the Windows 10/8/7 consumer licenses EXPLICITLY FORBID the use as a server in the Terms of Service.

I'm honest here: I didn't even read the requirements properly. It just never occurred to me that anyone would even attempt to host a server on a consumer OS, for security reasons and obviously because it's against the license agreement.

(Windows 10 retail (home/pro/pro for worksstations))

MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS

WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM

[...]

By accepting this agreement or using the software, you agree to all of these terms, and consent to the transmission of certain information during activation and during your use of the software as per the privacy statement described in Section 3. If you do not accept and comply with these terms, you may not use the software or its features.

[...]

2. Installation and Use Rights.

[...]

c. Restrictions. The device manufacturer or installer and Microsoft reserve all rights (such as rights under intellectual property laws) not expressly granted in this agreement. For example, this license does not give you any right to, and you may not:

[...]

(v) use the software as server software, for commercial hosting, make the software available for simultaneous use by multiple users over a network, install the software on a server and allow users to access it remotely, or install the software on a device for use only by remote users;

Windows 10 Terms of Service

In simple terms:

Installing Windows 10/8/7 on server hardware is against the license. Hence no server hosting companies offer you that option and doing it yourself is illegal.

Using Windows 10/8/7 as a server platform is against the license. Hence no server hosting companies offer you that option and doing it yourself is illegal.

The use of the DCS dedicated server software for ANY configuration other than hosting it temporarily on a Windows 10/8/7 gaming / workstation machine is illegal and violates Microsofts Terms of Service.

Permanently hosted servers would have to be taken down. :(

I highly encourage making sure the dedicated server software does not force users to violate their license agreements with Microsoft. Otherwise we're back to the non WebGUI version until this issue is resolved.

Best regards

.. I highly encourage making sure the dedicated server software does not force users to violate their license agreements with Microsoft. ..

Or, you will (we're) all lumped together in a rendition cell in Utah for to be waterboarded after a long flight, blindfolded, from wherever in the world, extradited for the long reach of IP Gates. Odious, what. Bit late for Linux.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Oh, so running the DCS DS on Windows Server is not supported and HAS to be installed on a client OS to be supported, while the OS-dev doesn't allow the client OS to be used as a server and therefore cannot be used?

Oh hark the bells of catch 22 :D

I'm grabbing my popcorn right this very second.

I have this exact same problem that also just occurred after installing 2.5.5.31917. I run my DCS server on a Windows 7 machine. The local Web GUI never worked but the remote Web GUI always worked when I logged on using my DCS account on the DCS website. Since then I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired, cleaned the dedicated DCS beta server many times and nothing ever allowed me to reconnect via remote web Gui. I have tried the following browsers Edge, chrome, and Firefox...each one reports server not responding.

Same here. I only tried it for the first time a few weeks ago during the previous update, same result then. Web interface shows my server as up with a fresh serial number but when I try to connect to the web GUI it fails.

Are we sure the internal testers are actually working from a fresh server download installation and don't have some other files that the rest of us might not?

Edited by SMH

• 2 weeks later...
I have this exact same problem that also just occurred after installing 2.5.5.31917. I run my DCS server on a Windows 7 machine. The local Web GUI never worked but the remote Web GUI always worked when I logged on using my DCS account on the DCS website. Since then I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired, cleaned the dedicated DCS beta server many times and nothing ever allowed me to reconnect via remote web Gui. I have tried the following browsers Edge, chrome, and Firefox...each one reports server not responding.

If you get the exact same issue it is not related to the OS being Windows Server then though. Which is good news and bad news.

Good news being Windows Server is maybe not out of the picture.

Bad news being that the cause of the bug is still unknown.

Is there any news? Most recent release doesn't fix it. Not after update or clean install.

Best regards

Is there any news? Most recent release doesn't fix it. Not after update or clean install.

Not fixed here either. Windows 7, by the way.

(And yes I have ports 10308 and 8088 forwarded to that machine, both TCP and UDP. netstat -a reveals only 8088 is listening, is that because the DCS server portion doesn't listen until it's commanded to start by the WebGUI?)

DCSServer01.png.99c4b99a538c4cf237cb91860c7f987a.png

DCSServer02.png.e99d76501b59a7a19f0a9524443fd7ed.png

DCSServer03.png.c4cf70eb0465354694a15ab7f0d1a7da.png

DCSServer04.png.075004ef9a7e3b64caa41374ccfe07de.png

Edited by SMH

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...

Someone use this dedicated server ??? because mine still not functional.... could anyone help me on this ???

I mounted a little PC with, windows 7 64bits, with chrome version 76.0.3809.100 64 bits either.... !!

Im the begginer, this dedicated serve, work's very well... but, after some updates.... stop works.... !

And yes I have ports 10308 and 8088 forwarded to that machine, both TCP and UDP.

Please, please.... anyone, coul'd help me ?

thx a lot...

133201061_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.be1a8d1781cd9274bacb7fc7f6996013.jpg

Hello...

Someone use this dedicated server ??? because mine still not functional.... could anyone help me on this ???

I mounted a little PC with, windows 7 64bits, with chrome version 76.0.3809.100 64 bits either.... !!

Im the begginer, this dedicated serve, work's very well... but, after some updates.... stop works.... !

And yes I have ports 10308 and 8088 forwarded to that machine, both TCP and UDP.

Please, please.... anyone, coul'd help me ?

thx a lot...

[ATTACH]215460[/ATTACH]

just updated, tested fine, mine works (from the very beginning always has), win10 pro 64 1903 / Firefox

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

just updated, tested fine, mine works (from the very beginning always has), win10 pro 64 1903 / Firefox

Did you try a clean install of the dedicated server? It seems those of us who are experiencing this are ones who more recently tried it for the first time and/or installed it on a clean system that never had DCS on it before.

Did you try a clean install of the dedicated server? It seems those of us who are experiencing this are ones who more recently tried it for the first time and/or installed it on a clean system that never had DCS on it before.

Had/have one running on my main computer that I access on same main with "X: .. \DCS OpenBeta Server\WebGUI\index.html"

Just reinstalled my older 2500k box Win 10 Pro 64, used DCS 'download openserver', did that, it's on local network, 192.168xxxx,

this box is designated DMZ in my router/WAN internet which takes my ISP IP as public to this box, no idea if that is necessary,

from main computer, WebGUI access to this DMZ box on my local, through

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/ (name/password) as per the manuals

and its there - under 'my server' first - , connecting, running GUI default port 8080 from my main box no problem.

For server settings change/edit though I need to either run a local WebGUI on this box, or manually edit the "\\networkbox\dirve\ ..Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\serverSettings.lua" before startup (change #1 mission list, server name ... )

Edited by majapahit

Actually, after testing, I can edit/save from the local network, both the local box, the main box, at the same time, stop, pause, change options, change server name, restart

when I go through the

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/

on both main box and local box, perhaps logout/login when test clicking wildly, the DCS server dashboards on the two boxes sync.

For server settings change/edit though I need to either run a local WebGUI on this box, or manually edit the "\\networkbox\dirve\ ..Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\serverSettings.lua" before startup (change #1 mission list, server name ... )

Well that might explain it right there. There's a chicken/egg problem if you try to configure it via the WebGUI for the first time? Can anyone else confirm?

(I couldn't access the WebGUI on the local machine either.)

Well that might explain it right there. There's a chicken/egg problem if you try to configure it via the WebGUI for the first time? Can anyone else confirm?

(I couldn't access the WebGUI on the local machine either.)

If you cannot access the WebGUI on the local machine then you have a real problem.

Just did a test, from my main computer to properly access the DCS GUI of my DCS server box on the local network via

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/

the local DCS server box needed to be assigned DMZ in my router, port forwarding was not enough

I'm well experienced in running servers and port forwarding, I'm sure that's right. And yes, even on the same machine it's running on I can't load the WebGUI. (What's the URL supposed to be, exactly? I'll doublecheck again.)

I'm well experienced in running servers and port forwarding, I'm sure that's right. And yes, even on the same machine it's running on I can't load the WebGUI. (What's the URL supposed to be, exactly? I'll doublecheck again.)

"L:\<your server installation> DCS OpenBeta Server\WebGUI\index.html"

This index.html within your server installation folder will be started by your local default web browser and loads the web page which is the GUI, same layout, that will start scanning your ports for a running server (on 8088 presumably).

Same as before. First image is viewed on local machine, "server not responding".

Second and third images are from the DCS website Personal section. Server is listed, but same thing when I click into it, "server not responding".

This seems to be exactly what lots of others are reporting too. I still suspect there may be some config file that those who tried it earlier (I first tried 2 Open Beta updates ago) might have that those who've recently done clean installs don't. Just a guess though.

DCSLocalServer.thumb.png.fc8679ae02962a6ae32579530dfd4a5f.png

DCSWebGUIServerListed.png.abe2a609a7ca07a4206d8a6a898345ec.png

DCSWebGUIServerNotResponding.thumb.png.91600ee58d268485e89a0a5e37b1917c.png

Edited by SMH

Same as before. First image is viewed on local machine, "server not responding".

Second and third images are from the DCS website Personal section. Server is listed, but same thing when I click into it, "server not responding".

This seems to be exactly what lots of others are reporting too. I still suspect there may be some config file that those who tried it earlier (I first tried 2 Open Beta updates ago) might have that those who've recently done clean installs don't. Just a guess though.

When you make the server box DMZ in your router (when you run both server and client from 1 box behind your router you won't have to, but for the DCS server to appear on the internet for your friends you need to have the public ISP IP)

this box at the moment, is not reached because it shows a local IP from the/a local network, it is not broadcasting the public IP from your ISP WAN you're on.

The middle image shows you went to your DCS personal account and had a DCS server running on IP 192.0.195.13 a local IP number (192.xxx.xxx.xxx, public IP's are like 94.23.215.203, never 192.xxxx), from your local network IP from behind the router.

For the DCS server to run as a public server it needs to have assigned/find/acquire your public ISP internet IP (your WAN IP)

My question is, how did you manage to do this?

I think you did something in your router?

My router simply shows the local clients and shows ‘click this network box’ / in your case it appears to be the box with local IP 192.0.195.13 / ‘do you want to make this box DMZ?’ \ check the Yes box, et voila the DCS server ports to the internet and the given port, with the WAN IP of your house, and do not do port forwarding as I mentioned.

When you make the server box DMZ in your router (when you run both server and client from 1 box behind your router you won't have to, but for the DCS server to appear on the internet for your friends you need to have the public ISP IP)

this box at the moment, is not reached because it shows a local IP from the/a local network, it is not broadcasting the public IP from your ISP WAN you're on.

The first capture is from the *local* machine. Obviously network connectivity is not a factor. And I'm forwarding the ports, both TCP and UDP, I shouldn't have to make the machine a DMZ (which isn't secure).

The middle image shows you went to your DCS personal account and had a DCS server running on IP 192.0.195.13 a local IP number (192.xxx.xxx.xxx, public IP's are like 94.23.215.203, never 192.xxxx), from your local network IP from behind the router.

Wrong. That's my public IP. (See attached image.) My local IP of that machine is 192.168.0.105.

For the DCS server to run as a public server it needs to have assigned/find/acquire your public ISP internet IP (your WAN IP)

My question is, how did you manage to do this?

I think you did something in your router?

My router simply shows the local clients and shows ‘click this network box’ / in your case it appears to be the box with local IP 192.0.195.13 / ‘do you want to make this box DMZ?’ \ check the Yes box, et voila the DCS server ports to the internet and the given port, with the WAN IP of your house, and do not do port forwarding as I mentioned.

How did I *manage* to do it? Expertly. I'm not new at this. You seem awfully confused though. (I assume the DCS server application discovers its WAN IP by the same method I just used, asking the ED server it's connected to in order to register itself, "What's my IP?")

MyIP.png.d9fc417c474f1a018a462a2990717215.png

Edited by SMH

I made everything.... fresh install....chrome, firefox, opera... all new.... new folder.... all configs default..... all of ports (10308 udp and tcp, 42674 tcp.), are open...! i don't know wath else can i do to solve that...

thx all !!

I made everything.... fresh install....chrome, firefox, opera... all new.... new folder.... all configs default..... all of ports (10308 udp and tcp, 42674 tcp.), are open...! i don't know wath else can i do to solve that...

thx all !!

test if DMZ works

thx all !!

When did you first install the dedicated server? I have a suspicion that it's those of us who didn't try it originally but only more recently have this issue, and that it's working for others because they have some legacy file that we don't.