Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Nah, it just didn't make much sense, I rarely see more than 1 guy on. I just wondered why it isn't more popular with the US crowd though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I always thought it IS more popular with the US crowd, because whenever I go online in the evenings (in Europe) there's like 5 players max.

Also, I always have to connect by IP. It almost never comes up in the list. Maybe this is a major factor?

It's a shame, because this is my favourite server.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

actually lately there have been plenty of people online on this server.

more or less central european primetime

strange about you not finding the server, last night it showed up on the list - unfortunately 2 nights ago it was offline for me - i don't know if it was on my side or server side ...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

I think a couple of nights ago it wasn't showing for me either and I connected by IP and got in me myself and I nobody else there so mustn't have been visible to anyone it was prime time and would usually have a few players. Last night it was 51/51 I couldn't get a spot initially due the numbers playing and Tibilisi Lochini ran out of all aspect sidewinders lol.

PS This is without doubt my favourite server, when it's good it's really really good.

Edited by countvonaltibar

Server hasn't been offline for quite a long time now. Not sure why it disappears from the servers' list sometimes. Bloody dedicated servers is all I can say.

51/51 players you say?! Holy moly! Haven't seen the server that full for a long time.

Currently 14 players on the Persian Gulf map.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Werid,

I pretty much never see anyone on weekdays, from 6-9pm MST. I have seen people on at around noon on the weekends.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Have to say that i enjoy the PG map in cold war very much - even though the viggen doesn't make too much sense from a geographical point of view :D

keep it up my friend!!

Just pretend its either an F4 or Mig27/SU17 ;)

Are we getting F4?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Are we getting F4?

Was announced by ED. Then the bloody F-16 took its place so we're gonna have to wait quite a while, I guess. Once available, I'll include it ASAP. That's a must for the Cold War server!

Same thing with the MiG-23, F-8, Mi-24 and AH-1 (all have been announced and confirmed. The Mi-24 will replace the Ka-50 in some missions, but not all)

... And hopefully the Su-22, MiG-27, F-105, etc. (these weren't announced. Only a wish on my side)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Are we getting F4?

Someday. After the f16 or mi24 maybe.

Someday. After the f16 or mi24 maybe.

Is it not true that there are people working on the helis and another team is dedicated to the fixed wing aircraft? Not sure if that's ever been confirmed.

Fingers crossed the F-4E is after the F-16. I have been waiting for that plane to pop up in this level of realism for almost a decade and I'm too excited!

Is it not true that there are people working on the helis and another team is dedicated to the fixed wing aircraft? Not sure if that's ever been confirmed.

Fingers crossed the F-4E is after the F-16. I have been waiting for that plane to pop up in this level of realism for almost a decade and I'm too excited!

Yeah I'm thinking there are different teams at least on the systems/FM side given how different rotary FMs/systems are vs fixed.

My personal best guess on what we will see after consulting my crystal ball is. (and a totally wild ass guess based on current module development times) Part of the reasoning is that both the Mi24/F4E/AH1 will have to have some sort of AI multicrew which will have to be developed at some point. The Ka50 is a much smaller/easier/faster quick upgrade so I guess we see it earlier.

F16 this fall (Q3)

Ka50 update Q4 2018 Q1 2019

Mi24 Q 2/3 2020

F4E Q/3 2020

AH1F 2021?

Filling in the blanks from other developers

Mig 23 (2020 sometime, after the current modules are completed)

F14A (2019/20, they stated the carrier would come first IIRC, but it seems like the 14A should be "easier")

F8J (2021 at a wild guess since it was just announced, and they still haven't put out the corsair)

A6? (hypothetical from HB, and at a guess maybe an 80's version 2022).

Edited by Harlikwin

@Harlikwin:

Currently 15 players online and it's been like that for the last 3 hours. Are you sure the server's always empty when you're able to fly?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Harlikwin:

Currently 15 players online and it's been like that for the last 3 hours. Are you sure the server's always empty when you're able to fly?

Can't fly right now at work... :music_whistling:

I did see a few people last night (like 4 or 5) and flew a few missions though. That was fun. And over the weekend from 12-2 my time I saw plenty of people on. Its just unpopulated when I have the time for it mostly, which is mainly my problem.

Server News:

Operation Ossetia has been added to the rotation replacing operation Supervision.

In both operations Blue is attacking and Red is defending, so one operation of that kind is enough at a time.

Obviously for Red, they'd need some guys on the Blue side to join and start attacking so they can defend against the invaders. However, in operation Ossetia you can as a Red pilot take the Mi-8 and deploy some AA's before the attackers arrive.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Was announced by ED. Then the bloody F-16 took its place so we're gonna have to wait quite a while, I guess. Once available, I'll include it ASAP. That's a must for the Cold War server!

Same thing with the MiG-23, F-8, Mi-24 and AH-1 (all have been announced and confirmed. The Mi-24 will replace the Ka-50 in some missions, but not all)

... And hopefully the Su-22, MiG-27, F-105, etc. (these weren't announced. Only a wish on my side)

Don't forger the A-4 ;) once it gets integrated and hopefully!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Don't forger the A-4 ;) once it gets integrated and hopefully!

You know, I wouldn't mind that. But what do you mean "once it gets intergrated"? Any plans for that?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You know, I wouldn't mind that. But what do you mean "once it gets intergrated"? Any plans for that?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173565&highlight=skyhawk

The original post is a few years old but was the only firm response from RAZBAM. However, their roadmap still doesn't list it, so it's a ways off, if it does get made. Prowler111 mentioned this in 09/2018:

Let's see what happens in our next batch of projects, as it is we are completely full and that includes flyable assets for the Falklands/Malvinas map. Like i said from the beginning, our targeted A-4 is the A-4M Skyhawk II used by the USMC, which currently is not scheduled to be included in our current development "assembly" line.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

We'd have to talk to the guys who made the A-4E and Chizh/guys at ED for that. I already spoke to Chizh, he told me it can happen but he needs the folks from the A-4 to reach out to him. I spoke to one of them but got no response

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Is the server down? Haven't seen it up today.

It's on. Sometimes it doesn't show on the servers' list though, so you'll have to connect via ip-number.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments