Syrian Map Discussion - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #121
JayBird

When are we going to get some ACTUAL information from either ED or the 3rd party dev on this map?

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:33 AM   #122
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBird View Post
When are we going to get some ACTUAL information from either ED or the 3rd party dev on this map?
Two more weeks (TM).

But seriously. Why does anyone bother? You think Wags is gonna show up and announce the date? And what's it matter to anyone anyway? What would it change for you or anyone else if you knew a date when new information was going to get released?

I'm fairly certain if ED had anything important to share, they'd share it. If they don't, they don't.

So, to envelop the massive complexity of the topic at hand, the best answer you're likely to get is: It's done when it's done, more information will be released when it is deemed appropriate, everything is subject to change, and if all else fails: two more weeks.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:20 PM   #123
Ganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
...the best answer you're likely to get is: It's done when it's done, more information will be released when it is deemed appropriate, everything is subject to change, and if all else fails: two more weeks.
It can be that easy, right?
It is!

Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of 539,86€
Reminder: You can´t invest your money much better until you wait for "Germany´s Next Topmodel": The Bo-105 PAH1A1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
W7 - Asus Z97Pro - 4790K - 16GB 2400 DDR3 - 1080Ti FE - Dell 29" @2560X1080
TrackIR 5 - MFG Crosswinds Pedals - TM Warthog - MSSWFFB2 - Custom JetSeat SE
Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #124
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Two more weeks (TM).

But seriously. Why does anyone bother? You think Wags is gonna show up and announce the date? And what's it matter to anyone anyway? What would it change for you or anyone else if you knew a date when new information was going to get released?

I'm fairly certain if ED had anything important to share, they'd share it. If they don't, they don't.

So, to envelop the massive complexity of the topic at hand, the best answer you're likely to get is: It's done when it's done, more information will be released when it is deemed appropriate, everything is subject to change, and if all else fails: two more weeks.
Pretty much sums it up. Maps are one of things that IMO are best released as "finished" rather than EA. Though I guess the PG map did get a few neat updates well after release.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:12 AM   #125
Gierasimov

Talking Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Pretty much sums it up. Maps are one of things that IMO are best released as "finished" rather than EA. Though I guess the PG map did get a few neat updates well after release.
Only that for Syria map, we don't really know what to expect as "finished" as nobody from Ugra Media is talking to us here.

PG was updated post EA release too, so I would not expect Syria map to be any different. My hunch is that Syria map will see early access around the same time frame as the Viper will.

Or maybe it is just my wish and not a hunch, who knows...

PS. It's funny how we post in this thread just to keep it going
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:58 AM   #126
Emmy

Nevada Map had “phases” as well...
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #127
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
O

PS. It's funny how we post in this thread just to keep it going
Thats pretty much how most threads on this forum are non?
Old 09-05-2019, 08:48 PM   #128
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
PG was updated post EA release too, so I would not expect Syria map to be any different.
The question is why would you expect it to be updated like the PG map which was released by ED? The Normandy map is the only other product released by Ugra and it only received one update that may or may not have been the result of significant pressure from the community or a contractual obligation to ED, we may never know since they have never made a post on this forum.

ED's messaging on the obligation of 3rd parties to update has been ... mixed ... at best.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #129
Gierasimov

Maybe because I don't connect their Middle East project to their DCS: Normandy 1944 one, and it looks like it is the business model for DCS. Early Access is an ongoing effort to make DCS better, which means if a third party wants to start generating income from their work, they need to release as soon as the product is playable, then improve it over time.
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #130
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
The question is why would you expect it to be updated like the PG map which was released by ED? The Normandy map is the only other product released by Ugra and it only received one update that may or may not have been the result of significant pressure from the community or a contractual obligation to ED, we may never know since they have never made a post on this forum.
I keep seeing people these days saying that, but while early access I remember many updates to the map, don't know why you say it only received one update.

Anyway, as they already said, once Syria is released they'll come back to Normandy for another update. Hope that resolves some of the problems and gets us some more content for it.

S!