VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi there!

Updated but I don't getting the "map marker" part for AIRIO. I only have the original 3 ones (link tune, radio tune, tacan tune) when I try to import the commands as said in the manual.

Thanks!

Update: Fixed. Forgot the "export" click at "config" main panel. Things that happen when u mainly speak spanish :)

Edited by Fercyful

Can I put in an official request for CTLD support? It would be nice to speak more naturally when working with CTLD rather than always speaking “Action” before commands.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hi Hollywood, gotta say Im really enjoying your app.

Still working out a sweetspot for comfort and accessibility, but as I'm flying online a bit more (MP servers), I was wondering if there is a way for VA to use Speech to text for interacting with chat windows on a server? Not sure if this has ever cropped up.

Being on a discord server is the best option for communicating with other players, but from my experience, more than half the players on a given server aren't on Discord or TS, but I would still like to communicate with them ")

Cheers

Spud

Rectum non bustus

Hi Hollywood, gotta say Im really enjoying your app.

Still working out a sweetspot for comfort and accessibility, but as I'm flying online a bit more (MP servers), I was wondering if there is a way for VA to use Speech to text for interacting with chat windows on a server? Not sure if this has ever cropped up.

Being on a discord server is the best option for communicating with other players, but from my experience, more than half the players on a given server aren't on Discord or TS, but I would still like to communicate with them ")

Cheers

Spud

I’m by far not an expert in VA but what you mention might be doable based on another thread I just came across. Check out this post related to an in-cockpit scratch pad someone created. The OP used the Windows dictation functionality of the Speech Recognition module, coupled with VA commands, to capture (in a dictation buffer) then transcribe voice dictation into a scratch pad. Seems like you want to do something similar just transcribe the output into the chat window instead?

Check out the readme.txt they posted to see how it works... like I said seems doable if you’re willing to fiddle with how to get it to post to the right window

Edited by Twwhitey
Typo

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Anybody recommend updating VA to 1.7.6?

https://www.voiceattack.com/changes.aspx

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

How do I use Vaicom to communicate with the Stennis when coming in to trap on the F18? I am using Bankler's scenario and have setup Vaicom without Easy Comms so have mapped TX 1-4 to the top POV hat on my TWCS throttle as per the guide in the manual.

Which radio do I need to use to contact the Stennis - TX1:Comm1: ARC-210 or TX2:Comm2: ARC-210

Do I need to tune the radio (I think the Stennis is 270.000 AM)? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?

Which command do I issue to contact the The Stennis and request straight in Approach?

How do I then switch to the LSO channel? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?

This is what I have (unsuccessfully) been doing

Push and hold the TX1 comm button and say: "Stennis, straight approach"

all that happens is "Enfield 1-1"

What is the sequence of events, keywords I need to do/say?

Obviously i have no idea what i am doing with the radios! I have googled around and can't find any guides on using Vaicom in the F18. please help.

Edited by Bazmack

How do I use Vaicom to communicate with the Stennis when coming in to trap on the F18? I am using Bankler's scenario and have setup Vaicom without Easy Comms so have mapped TX 1-4 to the top POV hat on my TWCS throttle as per the guide in the manual.

Which radio do I need to use to contact the Stennis - TX1:Comm1: ARC-210 or TX2:Comm2: ARC-210

Do I need to tune the radio (I think the Stennis is 270.000 AM)? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?

Which command do I issue to contact the The Stennis and request straight in Approach?

How do I then switch to the LSO channel? Do I do that verbally via Vaicom or manually?

@Bazmak - you will need to tune the radio. I tend to use radio 1 (habit) but either should work if tuned correctly.

I think your inbound straight command should then work but am not hooked up at the moment and cannot remember.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have a strange problem with 'options' command.

I fly Ka-50 offline in the republic campaign.

I can use 'options' command in the beginning without any problem. The radio menu is shown instandly. Then I fly to target location and get a call by a jtac. So I need to open the radio menu with 'options', but nothing happens. I tried also the # and AltGr-#-keys and nothing.

Because of that I screwed up the mission.

Next try of that mission, same behaviour. This time at target location I was so frustrated, that I pressed 10 or 20 times #-key and after that the radio menu appears again. Also 'options' vioce command works again.

This is reproduceable on my system.

It looks like this for me:

The longer I fly without using the radio menu, the more often I have to press the # key to get it running again.

I suspect this is a vaicom bug, because I didn't had this problem when I used VoiceAttack without VAICOM.

Can someone confim this?

It is really annoying and it could be the reason I'll stop using VAICOM, if I'm unable to fix it.

'Disable Menus' is deactivated. 'Allow Options' is activated.

Next time I try with deactivated 'Instant Select'.

Deactivation of 'Instant Select' don't change anything.

Has nobody else this problem or better a solution? :cry:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I know this is a really newb question but I am really struggling figuring out how to communicate with the Stennis in VAICOM. In the mission editor it says that the Stennis is 270.000 AM but under the comms Carrier Info menu it says Marshal is 305.000 AM and LSO 270.000 AM (which works when I'm using the comms menu to request Approach and then hand-off to the LSO, check in button 7).

When, using easy comms, I say "Stennis, select" and it tunes to 270.000.

Could someone please tell me what I need to say to communicate with the Stennis, I would be very grateful. Or even just post a video of themselves approaching the carrier. I don't understand how people learn what to say, there is no documentation or user guides on carrier ops that I can find.

I know this is a really newb question but I am really struggling figuring out how to communicate with the Stennis in VAICOM. In the mission editor it says that the Stennis is 270.000 AM but under the comms Carrier Info menu it says Marshal is 305.000 AM and LSO 270.000 AM (which works when I'm using the comms menu to request Approach and then hand-off to the LSO, check in button 7).

When, using easy comms, I say "Stennis, select" and it tunes to 270.000.

Could someone please tell me what I need to say to communicate with the Stennis, I would be very grateful. Or even just post a video of themselves approaching the carrier. I don't understand how people learn what to say, there is no documentation or user guides on carrier ops that I can find.

I was able to get a response by saying “Stennis, Inbound” but I don’t think carrier comm’s are fully working yet.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

OMG Thanks buddy for putting in the "new 2.5.3" by the new commands. Made updating my comm checklist soooo much easier.

You are a coding god walking amongst us.

Great app, great price, great support! Thanks

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

I was able to get a response by saying “Stennis, Inbound” but I don’t think carrier comm’s are fully working yet.

Thanks, but that seems to connect me with ATC at an airport: "Enfield 1-1, Ship, fly heading 116 for 4, QFE 29.87, runway 06, to pattern altitude"

:(

Not the same as if I go through the F menu.

So comms don't work for the Stennis? Are people just navigating the Comms F menus?

Edited by Bazmack

Thanks, but that seems to connect me with ATC at an airport: "Enfield 1-1, Ship, fly heading 116 for 4, QFE 29.87, runway 06, to pattern altitude"

:(

Not the same as if I go through the F menu.

So comms don't work for the Stennis? Are people just navigating the Comms F menus?

I thought it was Stennis calling back like an airfield but I really wasn’t paying attention. I have seen posts saying that it’s not fully implemented yet. I just usually fly the pattern without calling for the time being.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

I say "Stennis, inbound" and get the carrier specific call and response "mother, angels, fuel state etc" and "brc etc" response.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

This might be asking a bit much, but this range pack mod makes NTTR all that it should have been to start with:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181232

But ... it introduces a whole new raft of radio commands that aren't supported by VAICOM PRO.

How much work would be involved in getting support added? I'm assuming it is not something I could do myself and would require code changes at the back end?

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Having an issue with asking Jester to tune the radio... He inputs everything correctly except for "2". If i ask him to tune 225.000, he puts it 115.000. If i ask for 125.000, he puts in 115.000. Ask for 232.000, I get 131.000. 222.000 = 111.000, and so on. Anyone experiencing this or can help with it? Voice attack is recognizing the command for the "2's", but Jester inputs 1's.

Edit: Randomly started working correctly. Weird

Edited by Akrescue130

I say "Stennis, inbound" and get the carrier specific call and response "mother, angels, fuel state etc" and "brc etc" response.

Hmm, I can’t get that for some reason.

Hmm, I can’t get that for some reason.
It doesn't always work, in my experience. I got the carrier response yesterday, on two different occasions, but not a week ago. I think it's related to DCS, not VAICOM. Also, make sure you say "inbound" on the first contact with the ATC, not "request landing".

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It doesn't always work, in my experience. I got the carrier response yesterday, on two different occasions, but not a week ago. I think it's related to DCS, not VAICOM. Also, make sure you say "inbound" on the first contact with the ATC, not "request landing".

Okay thanks.

MP client sees Host AIRIO Commands on screen

During MP sessions, I am seeing the Hosts commands to the RIO in the F-14 via AIRIO. This has just recently started, but anytime the Host changes range, Radar mode, etc., I see the info show up just as if I had requested the command myself. He cannot see my inputs though. Is there a way to turn that off that I haven't found yet?

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Okay thanks.

Also not sure if makes a difference, but I am flying the hornet, not the tomcat.

Doesn't work for me either unfortunately, just tunes to an ATC who gives me instructions to an airfield.