[FIXED] Cockpit/Windscreen Bar

Veteran66

I also wished there was a solution for this. The forward view through the windscreen looks so horrible with the thick iron bar in front. Does anyone believe Germans would have constructed a plane where the pilot does not see anything?

Can the bar not be made transparent from the inside?

“Bar” isn't nearly the best way to describe it, and will only confuse people. It is the bottom piece of the canopy frame surrounding the armored glass.

*pulling out hair*

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Is there no design eye point/height for the aircraft... If so use that.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I might be able to sit in a A8 cockpit during next months and check myself.

What i would need though, would be the exact height you guys would like to have a picture taken through the Revi 16B to once and for all check if the bar issue exists (or not).

Is there no design eye point/height for the aircraft... If so use that.

This might be obvious, but also make sure to check if the armored glass is even present. I could imagine that restored Antons that are ment to be flyable, don't have the armored glass (it would save weight and make maintenance easier maybe, while visibility is perhaps not that big of an issue, if you don't intend to dogfight...).

DCS 2.5.5.32533

Gun Cross is ok now :)

but the "Bar" is still present :(

will the "Bar" fix in future?

There is no bar obstructing the view in the picture, only the edges of the armored glass.

What was wrong with the gunsight cross? Looks the same as I've been seeing it for weeks, off the top of my head. Do you mean the cannon misalignment?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

There is no bar obstructing the view in the picture, only the edges of the armored glass.

What was wrong with the gunsight cross? Looks the same as I've been seeing it for weeks, off the top of my head. Do you mean the cannon misalignment?

the edges of the armored glass is "the Bar" look for my first post you see it.

here the old gunsight:

cross.thumb.jpg.5ba0ed44b62038065f3ee6145319d8bd.jpg

Not my video, but informative.

Woah. At 1:55 that really has a nice view of it.

Not my video, but informative.

Same video in the OP.

I'm just saying that “bar” is a confusing way to describe it. It suggests there is some piece of metal that is crossing across the gunsight.

Edited by Magic Zach

Same video in the OP.

I'm just saying that “bar” is a confusing way to describe it. It suggests there is some piece of metal that is crossing across the gunsight.

"Windscreen frame bottom?"

Same video in the OP.

Yes, might be but that's the name it came up with the first time people started to be aware of the thing, back in 2004-5 or so, I think, and it's being known as that since then. Just there have being a time period in which no sim had the problem or devs to complain about it so all of a sudden it's news to all the people now flying Fw190s. But the complain comes from way back in another well known tittle :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

A shame, everything else seems perfect about this plane but it's no use if you can't look through the windscreen.
:lol::lol::lol: Well, it's not that much. Just a little bothering the lower part of the sight in some deflection shooting. Otherwise, flying in general is perfectly fine.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Maybe for you, but some people want to see where they are going.
You kidding, right? Even with the refraction represented you would still see the aeroplane nose and that's all :doh:. If you are serious saying you don't see were are you going just because of a tiny bit in the lower part of the frame you have more serious vision problems than the Fw190 bar :huh: .

S!

Yes, might be but that's the name it came up with the first time people started to be aware of the thing, back in 2004-5 or so, I think, and it's being known as that since then. Just there have being a time period in which no sim had the problem or devs to complain about it so all of a sudden it's news to all the people now flying Fw190s. But the complain comes from way back in another well known tittle :lol: .

Nice logic there... if mistake is repeated multiple times it makes it a valid solution :lol::lol::lol:

And no, this lack of understanding of basic physics dates well before 2004 and it was always an issue which was expressed... it's just you who were unaware of it.

And no, this lack of understanding of basic physics dates well before 2004 and it was always an issue which was expressed... it's just you who were unaware of it.

I don't think it was a lack of understanding, but lack of technology to model the view correctly, as from a pure schematic point of view, the bar is "correct".

Maybe it got lost in translation, but why is a compromise not an option?

After all the current state is from a pilots perspective just as false as the proposed compromises are to the schematics.

I think this would end the dispute until the rendering of refraction is actually an option and all aircraft get it modelled.

I don't think it was a lack of understanding, but lack of technology to model the view correctly, as from a pure schematic point of view, the bar is "correct".

Maybe it got lost in translation, but why is a compromise not an option?

After all the current state is from a pilots perspective just as false as the proposed compromises are to the schematics.

I think this would end the dispute until the rendering of refraction is actually an option and all aircraft get it modelled.

I am all for a compromise as that is what a simulation is, afterall. Revisited 3d model to simulate what pilot sees is good enough and will be as a whole closer to reality. What pilot sees is part of the whole package and is as important in recreating a plane's experience as is its FM (which was, is, and will be always a compromise; yet people ignore that fact for some reason).

I am all for a compromise as that is what a simulation is, afterall. Revisited 3d model to simulate what pilot sees is good enough and will be as a whole closer to reality. What pilot sees is part of the whole package and is as important in recreating a plane's experience as is its FM (which was, is, and will be always a compromise; yet people ignore that fact for some reason).

+1. By the way the real windscreen looks different in relation with POV height, so a 3d model showing fidelity to what pilot sees when using the visor for real will be a perfect compromise.

These pictures are not from our model but windscreen is same armored one.

[ATTACH]212758[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]212759[/ATTACH]

You kidding, right? Even with the refraction represented you would still see the aeroplane nose and that's all :doh:. If you are serious saying you don't see were are you going just because of a tiny bit in the lower part of the frame you have more serious vision problems than the Fw190 bar :huh: .

S!

Yes that's exactly what I was saying!

I want to look forward at the horizon but instead I see a brown metal bar.