GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Evening All,

Bought a jetseat 908 a couple of years ago. Lovely product, and works so well in VR. However, it seems that the right side seat motors have ceased to work. Noticed it in vibe-test a couple of days ago. Now, before I assume it's a hardware/wiring fault and start digging...

- anyone else had a similar issue?

- any ideas on how to fix it?

Ta

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

You could try opening them up and spraying some contact cleaner into the motors that are hanging up...may unfreeze them. Or, these from amazon for repair... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G9TY13N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have enough to replace all motors in my seat....that is how behind the concept I am and....how addicted to flying with it I am as well.

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Evening All,

Bought a jetseat 908 a couple of years ago. Lovely product, and works so well in VR. However, it seems that the right side seat motors have ceased to work. Noticed it in vibe-test a couple of days ago. Now, before I assume it's a hardware/wiring fault and start digging...

- anyone else had a similar issue?

- any ideas on how to fix it?

Ta

The motors are wired in pairs. If both right seat motors are out it is most likely a broken wire. Not unreasonable for this to occur over time. I’ve experienced it a couple times over few years. Usually an easy fix. Check the wires near the seat flex point first. Lube your motors while your there. Labor of love.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Not long since I received my 2nd JetSeat Simulator Edition, tonight my original seat comes up as USB device not recognized (invalid configuration descriptor). The only thing I could find to address the problem was to download the firmware and flash tool, then try flashing the firmware. I had no problems getting Windows to recognize the seat per the flashing instructions, but it took me about three attempts to successfully flash and get Windows to recognize the seat again.

For several minutes, I thought the seat was dead in USB mode (I had already determined that I could manually reconfigure it for sound mode, which still worked perfectly). Now I am back to having two fully functional JetSeat Simulator Editions from Andre :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everyone! Some time ago I asked a few questions but it seems they went unnoticed, so I am asking again and hope that someone may find the time to clarify:

I am interested in a Jetseat. Unfortunately I am too late to the party and so the 908 is sold out. Could you help me out with these questions?

* Is there any chance of the 908 ever coming back? I read something about "maybe summer" but nothing solid and clear.

* Is there anything comparable to the 908?

* Is there a big difference in the perceived feeling between 901 (6 motors) vs the 908 (8 motors)?

* How much "plug&play" is this device? (I guess that I need the Simshaker software)

* What are the dimensions of the 901/908 Jetseat (can't find this information on andre's shop website)

* Is there a simple FAQ and "shopping list" (e.g.: You need this and this hardware, you need this and that software. And step by step setup). Couldn't find anything clear and concise on the websites.

And lastly (maybe not the right place to ask): How is it compared to the Realtus ForceFeel?

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks!

Hello iffoif,

>> * Is there any chance of the 908 ever coming back? I read something about "maybe summer" but nothing solid and clear.

I think that "maybe summer" could be rather about FSE mod, than KW-908.

I wouldn't say the current situation in general is "solid and clear", so, please don't expect fom me more than I can really do.

>> * Is there a big difference in the perceived feeling between 901 (6 motors) vs the 908 (8 motors)?

I would say the difference is about 15%.

>>* Is there a simple FAQ and "shopping list" (e.g.: You need this and this hardware, you need this and that software. And step by step setup). Couldn't find anything clear and concise on the websites.

In case of JetSeat that's pretty simple. You need the JetSeat, Gametrix Control Panel and some SimShaker software. Which piece(s) of SimShaker software you need depends on the games you play. And, yes, there is a simple FAQ page

>> * How much "plug&play" is this device? (I guess that I need the Simshaker software)

I think that was reported above a lot of times by users here and in SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 thread. It's a very much "plug&play" device.

>>* What are the dimensions of the 901/908 Jetseat (can't find this information on andre's shop website)

The dimensions are very close, you could see it at 908 page, I think I will add it soon to 901 page as well.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the Gametrix JetSeat is sold out everywhere. On their web site they refer you to a new product called Realteus ForceFeel. Seems like a different company. Anyone have experience with it? Is this the successor for the JetSeat?

Hello iffoif,

Thank you for taking the time and answering my most important questions. Sorry, but I did not think about searching for a FAQ page outside the webshop site (which seems illogical to me). Also, there is no 908 page to be found in your webshop (at least I am unable to find it by browsing or through the search function).

Could you please just post the dimensions of the 901 seatpad here?

And with those questions answered, my next question is about the FSE edition. That one has 8 motors, and the fabric looks different than the 901. Other than that the description seems quite similar. What are the differences?

So the Gametrix JetSeat is sold out everywhere. On their web site they refer you to a new product called Realteus ForceFeel. Seems like a different company. Anyone have experience with it? Is this the successor for the JetSeat?

There is a thread regarding that product on this very same forum :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203529

After severe delays, Realteus finally shipped the first batch of seats around January-February 2019.

Their second batch should be delivered by May, according to their website.

I own one, I don´t have a JetSeat to compare, but I don´t think Realteus is a succesor or a evolution or an improved version.

They both are very similar. Indeed both are awesome :D

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thank you for taking the time and answering my most important questions. Sorry, but I did not think about searching for a FAQ page outside the webshop site (which seems illogical to me). Also, there is no 908 page to be found in your webshop (at least I am unable to find it by browsing or through the search function).

Could you please just post the dimensions of the 901 seatpad here?

And with those questions answered, my next question is about the FSE edition. That one has 8 motors, and the fabric looks different than the 901. Other than that the description seems quite similar. What are the differences?

jetseat-kw-901.jpg

Regarding FSE please read my explanation on this page https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704&page=174

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you again for answering all my questions. Great! Now I am ready to order a Jetseat FSE!

Unfortunately the availability is October??? Damn, that is long... I hoped to get one by mid June, when my birthday is. Ouch! :(

You are absolutely right, of course!

I know perfectely well how you feel. My day has between 12-16 hours on average, my kids wake me up 7 days a week at 6am, there is never the opportunity to rest and recharge my energy. And in 2016 I ended up in the hospital because I nearly died from penumonia because of chronic exhaustion.

Take the breaks and time you need to keep yourself healthy and sane! All the best to you!

• 4 weeks later...
For those in the US who have Andres jetseat, how long do you normally expect the package to be in transit? Mine was released to US Customs on June 3rd and made no progress since.

I can say that I never bothered to track them, but it took a long time to get my seat orders filled. I was so happy with the first Simulator Edition seat that I made sure to get a second one before the supply ran out. This provides me with two important capabilities:

1) I can have two people flying with vibrating seats (using my son's PC)

2) I have quite a bit of spares so that I can keep one seat running for a long time.

I hope that at least one company is able to stay in business making these type of seats. It is a surprisingly good and fairly cheap way to get a bump in the "feel" of flying without having to throw tons of money at something that actually moves/tilts and helps compensate for the fact that there never has been a good force feedback stick since the MS Sidewinder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my jetseat and its great. But, ill be honest, im not gonna wade through 101 pages of this thread looking for the answer. Are there custom profiles people have come up with for specific planes? Seems like all the default stuff is set for 50.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I also have just received my Jetseat. I remember seeing some profiles on the forum area of Andre's Shop where users had reduced to 25 or bumped up to 75 or 100 some of the settings, depending on personal taste. I am looking forward to experimenting.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat