HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

:D

https://www.derekenwinkel.nl/hp-reverb-vr-headset.html

Here it is... but i'll wait till it is in STOCK! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

That been the Pro version the standard should be at the 600 euro mark. Another month or so, and some more "in the wild" reviews and we`ll be good to go. Hopefully Acer will provide some info on their HMD in the meantime to increase the choice.

Nope, no pro-version. It's the taxes in the EU. All cost more then in the EU then in the US cause the taxes! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Nope, no pro-version. It's the taxes in the EU. All cost more then in the EU then in the US cause the taxes! :D

Yes, it is the Pro version!

'De HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition biedt verbluffende '

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Quick overview

The HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition

In the box

HP Reverb Virtual Reality headset - professional edition

3.5 m headset cable for desktop and mobile PCs

0.6 m headset cable for portable VR VR backpack from HP Z VR

2 motion controllers

1 DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort ™ adapter

Setup document

1 year limited warranty

It`s the more expensive pro version, so the consumer version should be ~600 euro mark including VAT.

Yes, it is the Pro version!

'De HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition biedt verbluffende '

Yep i saw it. Thanks.. :D

Its seeming more and more like the HP is a one-trick pony.

It a good trick and it does it well, but one trick only.

Might be enough for some kinds of use.

But this is not "enthusiast" levels of capability.

Im very impressed with the reports of the displays, not very impressed at all at the set as a package.

So far.

Fortunately it's ticking the one box I truly care about. Since day one I've only wanted better resolution. I never even bothered buying the hand controllers for the Rift as I purely use it for DCS.

Wider FOV would have been a bonus but is by no means a deal breaker for me. I'd like to consider the the Pimax 5k as well, but performance/build quality concerns make me hesitant, as well as the absence of inside/out tracking.

So Reverb is still in the running as far as I'm concerned, but I'll still hold back and wait for more opinions, especially from DCS pilots.

A small pie is soon eaten

Why so many buying the Rift S with that potato resolution at 80 Hz? That's the least impressive HMD out of them all.

least impressive on paper, but it reviews well when actually used.

you can pick the paper winner if that’s important.

least impressive on paper, but it reviews well when actually used.

you can pick the paper winner if that’s important.

At the end of the day there are no detailed DCS reviews with the HP yet, and a lot of people have mid end systems that won't run the HP well. So the Rift-S is a good choice for them. I can wait till HP debuggers whatever the issue is with the headsets (maybe the Mura issue). Besides we don't have the DCS VR improvement, which I think will be necessary to use the HP.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

At the end of the day there are no detailed DCS reviews with the HP yet, and a lot of people have mid end systems that won't run the HP well. So the Rift-S is a good choice for them. I can wait till HP debuggers whatever the issue is with the headsets (maybe the Mura issue). Besides we don't have the DCS VR improvement, which I think will be necessary to use the HP.

+1 :D

=6 :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Fortunately it's ticking the one box I truly care about. Since day one I've only wanted better resolution. I never even bothered buying the hand controllers for the Rift as I purely use it for DCS.

Wider FOV would have been a bonus but is by no means a deal breaker for me. I'd like to consider the the Pimax 5k as well, but performance/build quality concerns make me hesitant, as well as the absence of inside/out tracking.

So Reverb is still in the running as far as I'm concerned, but I'll still hold back and wait for more opinions, especially from DCS pilots.

Very much my line of thinking. I have the CV1 and no controllers, I just use it for virtual flying. If Reverb can do that in spades then it suits me.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

I'm only interested in the Highest rez / clearest optic HMD possible -( in a consumer price range) At this point I won't even look at a HMD with less rez than the Reverb. In my mind, the HP has already made them obsolete. If you don't have the needed hardware, I understand. Waiting for a Reverb.............................

Edited by Wmacky

May be because it's the only one that you know you can buy, receive it in no time, plug it and start using it without the need of Cluster of NASA computers to have smooth performance and not a slide show :)

Amen! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm very interested in the reverb because of the high resolution. However i'm worried if the tracking precision (lower than the reverb which is lower than my trusty CV1) along with a reduced vertical FOV due to square lenses will be inmerssion breakers and not worthy of the money

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I'm very interested in the reverb because of the high resolution. However i'm worried if the tracking precision

WMR tracking precision is not bad.

The problem is the tacking volume, where your hands can be tracked, that is small compared to other solutions:

dh566leza9rz.png

I'm only interested in the Highest rez / clearest optic HMD possible -( in a consumer price range) At this point I won't even look at a HMD with less rez than the Reverb. In my mind, the HP has already made them obsolete. If you don't have the needed hardware, I understand. Waiting for a Reverb.............................

My thoughts exactly. I actually think HP know exactly what they're doing here, having identified a demand for the highest resolution possible from people who have less interest in using hand controllers i.e. the sim community.

A small pie is soon eaten

WMR tracking precision is not bad.

The problem is the tacking volume, where your hands can be tracked, that is small compared to other solutions:

dh566leza9rz.png

Yeah, for simming, its largely a moot point. But if you are gonna use the headset for other stuff I get that it might be a concern.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, for simming, its largely a moot point. But if you are gonna use the headset for other stuff I get that it might be a concern.

Yeah I would be in the latter.

While the bulk of time I spend is in flight simming, I do still spend time with other VR games I enjoy very much with the Touch controllers.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would consider it a *huge* waste to solely use VR for simming.

I used it to help design our new apartment!

Its just such a kick in the nuts that the best resolution headset on the horizon doesnt come with the best "everything else".