Heatblur - The Next Big Step - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

Default Heatblur - The Next Big Step

Dear All,

Today, we’ve released the F-14 into early access after years of intensive development. We truly hope you’re enjoying it! We’re monitoring all of the forums, hoggit and e-mails and are moving quickly and assertively to correct any critical issues and mistakes.

This module represents the culmination of exhaustive research and intensive development, where we attempted to push the boundaries of what was possible with a desktop flight simulation. The challenge and passion associated with this project ushed us to deliver the very best that our broad backgrounds and formal training allowed us. We pushed those boundaries, both because of Heatblur’s commitment to providing the highest quality product possible, and because the F-14A/B represented a passion project for many members of the team. We were and still are driven to get this project right! And today, we have the pleasure of announcing something even bigger, which will allow us to unlock our true potential, and to raise the bar even higher.

Over the past few weeks, we’ve been working on taking the next big step forward for our company and team. We’ve progressed discussions with a group that will be our new partners for the continued development of Heatblur. We’ve found our interests to be very much aligned and thus, Heatblur Simulations is becoming a part of MetaSimulations, which is a part of the Meta Aerospace group.

Together with Meta, we will be able to combine the resources and expertise of a real world aerospace operator with our passion, experience and drive in the field of simulation. We’re incredibly excited about the potential and capability Meta brings to the field of simulation. This amazing opportunity to become a part of Meta will help us redefine what the cutting edge of simulation is, through the amplification of every great quality found in Heatblur.

With Heatblur and Meta working together, there are absolutely no limits to what we can achieve.

Beyond this, it assures and guarantees that the Viggen, Tomcat and other future Heatblur products will remain on the absolute cutting edge in terms of quality and execution. This transition will allow us to continue building our team and help ensure that we have the resources to fully support our modules in the future. Thank you for your support, we’re so excited for our future together and what that means for you as consumers, and we hope you are too!

Sincerely,
Heatblur Simulations

www.metasimulations.aero

Founder & Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
Alicatt

Wish you all the best going forward Cobra and Heatblur
Old 03-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #3
HawkeyeHHDF

That's awesome news Nick, I know you must be ecstatic . I look forward to what this new endeavor will bring to the world of flight simulation , with the team you have now I can only see it getting better and pushing the envelope even farther than you already have. Congrats on the release and your new partnership my friend . Cheers
www.vcvw-11.com
HawkeyeHHDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #4
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

sounds like a great plan. I hope that you guys well be able to rest a bit after the last intense couple of month. But I gladly will monitor what your future plans will be come like.

Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 32GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:08 PM   #5
Innerloop

Great news Heatblur!! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors and really looking forward to experience any of your future products.
Intel i7 6700k OC 4.6Ghz / Corsair H100i v2 / Gigabyte Z-170MX G1 Gaming / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 / Corsair AX760 / Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512Gb / Intel SSD 240Gb / Gigabyte GTX-1080 G1 Gaming / Corsair 350D mATX / HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Logitech G110 Keyboard / Corsair Sabre RGB Laser Gaming Mouse / Razer Kraken Pro Headset / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
Smee

From my infantile Googling -- this seems to be a VERY big deal.

Congrats team, this is awesome.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
Airhunter

Congrats guys! The future is bright. This seems only like the beginning.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #8
snowsniper

congrat for your hard work, result worth every pixel and coding letter,
all the best for your (and our;-) futur

all my skins :

here
Spoiler:
Core i7-4790 @ 3.6- 4GHz - 16GB
- nVidia RTX 2070 - 2xSSD -
GRANDIN TV screen 39" in 1920x1080 cockpit scale 1:1
- MS FFB2 Joystick
- DIY MIDI Throttle with 14 analogic sliders and knobs
- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
snowsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #9
Jester986

So what's this mean? More money for DCS development? Or will team be shifted to non dcs projects?
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #10
Yskonyn

Superb news! And congrats on yet another magnificent piece of work! Truely a labour of love and a dream of many for sure! Thank you for the Turkey HB!

Yassy's HQ - Visit and download my TrackIR profile.

Spoiler:
Asus Z87-A, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz, Intel i5 4670K 4.1Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster Zx, G15, G13, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit
Yskonyn is offline   Reply With Quote