Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I'm a big fan of having a Tornado before an F-111. But, that being said, here are some fantastic interviews with Jeff Guinn on flying the F-111.

This one talks about a memorable experience he had at Red Flag. It's quite a jaw-dropping and humorous story. Please forgive me... I don't know how to make the full video show on the forums. I only know how to copy and paste the URLs.

And here is the full interview...

This guy is a GREAT story teller, and has many memorable moments.

Just doing some in-quote commenting here... twilightsmile.png

Aircraft I’m dreaming of the most:

AH-64 Apache - ED has a contract with Boeing for more than just the Hornet...

JA-37 Viggen - actually something no other team than HB should do

Mirage IIIC - planned by RAZBAM

F-4 Phantom - E version (not Navy though) announced by BST/ED

MiG-23/-27 - 23MLD announced by RAZBAM, other versions might follow up

But I have to agree...

This is not a wish-list thread...

... it's actually a Tornado IDS thread dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

If a Viggen and a Tomcat had a kid it would probably be quite a lot like a Tornado ;)

Twin engine, Swing wing, Two Seat, Fast at low level and reverse thrust! :thumbup::lol:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

There are lots of possibilities of course.

However, there are two things they have shown as AI, but added "with later full module possibility in mind": J 35 Draken, and A-6E Intruder TRAM.

I would LOVE them both.

Although, they have also said that their next module will use some tech developed for F-14.

This can mean it is Intruder (multi-seat, 70s-90s era naval aircraft). Or, it can mean wilder things like perhaps F-111 or Tornado (swing-wing two seaters). Would love to say Su-24 or Su-17, but somehow I don't think they'll do a Russian bird.

Any of these options would mean "awesome!!!" for me. But of course it may be whole another thing that we have no idea about.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

WinterH, that's a strong wishlist you've got.:) Why is 'F-4E' in red?

Because it's the one I wish the most currently, and I'm a weeeee-bit bummed that it got thrown into backburner in favor of Meh-16 :D

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

That's not exactly recent news but yes, they are supposed to be retired by late March. Germany and Italy will keep flying them though. Germany has just started looking around for a replacement (likely to also be the Typhoon), while Italy has started replacing them with F-35s but is slowing down the procurement process so we'll probably keep our IDS and ECR flying well into the 2020s.

It seems Germany might opt for the F/A-18, because the Eurofighter would need additional development.

It was the BBC showing the aircraft returning from their last deployment and showing from there they are heading for decommissioning, guess they were highlighting it was their last flight.

Hopefully it means that some of the older tech can be de-classified and get us closer to getting an IDS/GR into DCS.

Dunno why it quoted you this tablet is being weird today

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Heatblur has an incredible thing going here and really needs to pursue the A-6E and further upgrades to the Tomcat.

It all seems to be coming together, slowly...but surely. Forestall class aircraft carriers, Tomcats, Intruders....this could really become an incredible simulation of 80's-90's U.S. Naval Aviation.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Heatblur has confirmed that if the F-14A/B sells well they will develop the F-14D

No, they haven't. They said that it's in their projects list, but they haven't confirmed nor promised to develop a D (to the great dismay of some of us, I agree).

No, they haven't. They said that it's in their projects list, but they haven't confirmed nor promised to develop a D (to the great dismay of some of us, I agree).

Heatblur has developed the F-14B without PTID and Sparrowhawk because they plan to develop the F-14D, Heatblur said that an F-14D is quite likely, so it is quite confirmed.

It is quite likely - but we still need to launch the A/B and everything that comes with it.

F-14B with Sparrowhawk and PTID is unlikely. We'd rather spend that time on building an F-14D.

Functionality wise, you'll already be very well off in the -B due to the LANTIRN.

One thing to note is that our LANTIRN implementation relies on feeding the video through the fishbowl display. This was (according to our research, at least) - not something that was widely used in the fleet. Thus it can be considered to be a somewhat "experimental" version of the F-14 that existed for a short period.

Edited by Maverick966

Heatblur has developed the F-14B without PTID and Sparrowhawk because they plan to develop the F-14D, Heatblur said that an F-14D is quite likely, so it is quite confirmed.

It's not! Likely doesn't mean't definitely! It's comments like yours that cause all the complaints about broken promises that never have been promises!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg