Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

While currently working on a mission in the PG map to add to the rotation, is there any mission you guys don't like? Maybe if some of you share the same opinion on removing a mission from the roation, then I'll do that. No point in having a mission most players don't like. That'd only kill the server for 4-5 hours. The only exception is Phone Booth. I know, many don't like it, but that's my favourite, so it stays :-)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

One of your maykop-centred missions is pretty boring imo. The one without all the FARPS. There's rarely anyone on during that time and there aren't many A2G targets.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

You mean, Battle For Maykop? Red starts at Novorossiysk and Gelendzhik, while Blue starts at Sochi. That one?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I think so. What was the briefing for that one?

Fighting for Maykop. Ground units south of Maykop need to be destroyed to capture Maykop's airbase.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

While currently working on a mission in the PG map to add to the rotation, is there any mission you guys don't like? Maybe if some of you share the same opinion on removing a mission from the roation, then I'll do that. No point in having a mission most players don't like. That'd only kill the server for 4-5 hours. The only exception is Phone Booth. I know, many don't like it, but that's my favourite, so it stays :-

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi Alpen, looking forward to a PG mission, and thanks for asking our opinions!

I don't like Open Range, because it's too close to and features to much of the ugly & flat "out-of-map-bounds" area up north. Plus, the travel distance for blue from Maykop to the valleys west of Min'Vody is too long IMHO.

I would instead love to see another mission north of the main Causasus range as an alternative/addition to "Phone Booth", e.g. blue Beslan vs. red Min'Vody, with Nalchik & Mozdok capturable and without overcast cloud layer!

Would you consider setting some missions to rear aspect IR only in the future maybe? Mainly for the Mig-19, but also generally it could shift the server towards more dogfight less ambush kills. I admit, it's been a long time since I was on cold war, but the 19 will change that for sure.

Would you consider setting some missions to rear aspect IR only in the future maybe? Mainly for the Mig-19, but also generally it could shift the server towards more dogfight less ambush kills. I admit, it's been a long time since I was on cold war, but the 19 will change that for sure.

No. Not going to change any default and general settings just to make it comfortable for an upcoming module. MiG-15, L-39, F-86 and Hawk pilots would want no missiles at all because they lack countermeasures, should I then do that? Of course not. Don't worry about the MiG-19. She'll give 'em hell, nonetheless.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Alpenwolf

Is it always the same modules available on the server?

A-10A, AJS37, AV8B, F-5E, F-86F

L-39ZA, MiG-15, MiG-21, Su-25, Su-25T

Or are the A-10, AV8B, Su25, Su25T only available for a few of the missions?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

@Alpenwolf

Is it always the same modules available on the server?

A-10A, AJS37, AV8B, F-5E, F-86F

L-39ZA, MiG-15, MiG-21, Su-25, Su-25T

Or are the A-10, AV8B, Su25, Su25T only available for a few of the missions?

... plus the Hawk, Ka-50, Mi-8, UH-1 and Gazelle. The Fishbed and the Tiger are always there. Other modules depend on the scenario I have. MiG-19 is next to join and will be available in all missions.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

No. Not going to change any default and general settings just to make it comfortable for an upcoming module. MiG-15, L-39, F-86 and Hawk pilots would want no missiles at all because they lack countermeasures, should I then do that? Of course not. Don't worry about the MiG-19. She'll give 'em hell, nonetheless.

You are totally right, there should be no changes just to make it comfortable for a module. I was suggesting this option because, in my opinion it could also improve the general gameplay aspect. More merges = more fun. Lots of successful servers employ weapons restrictions.

I respect your decision of course, thank you!

You are totally right, there should be no changes just to make it comfortable for a module. I was suggesting this option because, in my opinion it could also improve the general gameplay aspect. More merges = more fun. Lots of successful servers employ weapons restrictions.

I respect your decision of course, thank you!

The thing is limiting missiles to rear aspect only means the harrier won't have any missiles at all

... plus the Hawk, Ka-50, Mi-8, UH-1 and Gazelle. The Fishbed and the Tiger are always there. Other modules depend on the scenario I have. MiG-19 is next to join and will be available in all missions.
I belive the community A-4 come alive before the MiG-19. One of their devs said they expect next November.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

I belive the community A-4 come alive before the MiG-19. One of their devs said they expect next November.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

As far as I know, the MiG-19 is expected to be released in some weeks too. I know you love the A-4. She'll be here, buddy. Don't worry.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Wouldnt the community A-4 require everyone who joins the server, to have it installed, since it wont exist as a ED AI plane? Not that I mind, cause I'll certainly install it.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wouldnt the community A-4 require everyone who joins the server, to have it installed, since it wont exist as a ED AI plane? Not that I mind, cause I'll certainly install it.

Don't think it should be a problem for anyone as it's free nonetheless, but it may have to be written in the description as a download requirement

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Oh, I didn't know that! Why's that? I'm not following the A-4 news so I have no idea. Hope for those who love it it's not a problem to include in the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Oh, I didn't know that! Why's that? I'm not following the A-4 news so I have no idea. Hope for those who love it it's not a problem to include in the server.

Here Alpen, subscribe to this thread, its all included here...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173162

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Here Alpen, subscribe to this thread, its all included here...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173162

To be honest, it doesn't sound so good to me compared to PFM and sophisticated modules. Once it's released, I'll check out some online gameplay videos and see how that plane does. Remember when the Mirage was released and was a pain in the ass for everyone for months? Only until RAZBAN managed to sort out the problems of that module, it was welcome back in many servers after many servers have had banned it. I don't think we'll have such an issue with a mod like the A-4, but I'd like to be sure first.

Good thing you've posted this thread above.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

To be honest, it doesn't sound so good to me compared to PFM and sophisticated modules. Once it's released, I'll check out some online gameplay videos and see how that plane does. Remember when the Mirage was released and was a pain in the ass for everyone for months? Only until RAZBAN managed to sort out the problems of that module, it was welcome back in many servers after many servers have had banned it. I don't think we'll have such an issue with a mod like the A-4, but I'd like to be sure first.

Good thing you've posted this thread above.

Sure thing, plus since it's free you can always try it out for yourself and see how well it does. But anyhow time will tell :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]