Squadron Directory

EvilBivol-1

Realistic multi carrier ops?

Hey guys, I know I will get a lot of varied responses here but I am looking for a group that does very realistic Carrier Ops and gets together on a semi-regular basis. I won't always be able to make it but would love to have the opportunity to fly with some people to at least take this a little bit seriously. I would love to see your group it takes into account stacking as well as spinning and regular boat recoveries. Is there a resource where I can see all the different virtual squadrons? I know I could dig but time is my one precious resource. Is Discord the thing to use to make comms easier between players? New to all of this but not new to real flying.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for:

Another small group or individuals to either;

• Merge with
  • Join us

• An established group to fly with full time or part time.

Where? European time zone, Europe only, English speaking.

When? Right now, every other evening. Not during work hours.

Who? We are a much quieter old squadron needing new pilots with energy.

What we are: older professionals with a long record of multiplayer, that take the simulation seriously. Some of us have LotATC licenses, can script LUA and make basic mods. We have a repertoire of docs over the years for training. Lots of experience to share.

What we like: Multiplayer and team work, complexity, learning process, accuracy and fidelity, leaning towards Air to Air in Hornet. Looking forward to Tomcat and Phantom MP. CV Ops, Immersion and realism. We like training and working with people that have a hunger for self learning and don't ask to be spoonfed. Challenges.

What we can fit into: Squadrons merging, existing friendship groups or groups who fancy a little competition with a guest aggressor team.

What we aren't into: People that don't want to try to do things properly, kill counts or glory seekers. Casual. Large rosters with no regulars. People not after the same goals.

What you might not like about us: We wanna see the Tacview before we go to bed, and we'd like a say in our flight plan, if at all possible. Occasional work commitments.

We are currently flying more than twice a week, albeit with only 2-3 online it's needing another flight or two, to get spicey. We are primarily on Hormuz in Hornets but can work with AV-8B. Crazy Mig-21 pilots and F-5's would make it very interesting. Choppers not so much I'm afraid. We mainly fly in VR, so have some natural limitations.

PM me if any part of that might work for you, or your group.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...

2r20t8j.jpg

Virtual Steel Eagles

DCS World Community,

The Virtual Steel Eagles (VSE) will be releasing new information within the next couple of weeks. Currently our staff members are going over some final details and have been setting up our official Discord server.

Edited by iKyrThraad993i

• 4 weeks later...

Joint Air Ground Task Force

attachment.php?attachmentid=191604&d=1533614990

=JAGTF= Is Recruiting! Are you looking for a serious teamwork and skill orientated group to join but without any of the “yes sir” and paperwork of a milsim group? JAGTF flies primarily NATO fixed wing aircraft and all helos, but we are open to new blood who fly both fixed and rotary craft. We operate a discord channel and our own server for DCS World. JAGTF is committed to using groop tactics and promotes members flying as a wing. We play both on our own server and other major dcs servers. (DDCS, BLUEFLAG, ect). We are looking for competent pilots as well as new pilots looking for a place to learn and grow.

We are on throughout the afternoon and evening (EST) most weekends and 2-3 weekdays during the week. We don't have any must be on X hours activity requirement.

Join our Discord today at https://discord.gg/GcCnjE7

AFwx20J.thumb.jpg.53f03c05083a0832bb1316aff9be2f0b.jpg

Edited by =JAGTF= Maverick
Adding info

=JAGTF= Maverick

=JAGTF= Discord: https//discord.gg/GcCnjE7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MMndfC0.gif

UK Navalopps

Flying from ships deployed worldwide, the aircraft of the Fleet Air Arm provide the UK with influence over land and sea, and assist in the wide range of roles undertaken by the Royal Navy from disaster relief to landing Royal Marines onto a hostile shore.

UK Navalops

is a virtual combat air group for DCS World. Our main squadrons fly the Razbam Harrier and the DCS F18C. We also have attack and transport helicopter squadrons flying the Black Shark, the Gazelle and the UH1 Huey. Each of these squadrons are based on real Naval squadon within the Fleet Air Arm. We have a rank structure in line with the real royal Navy, where pilots can work their way through the ranks and lead their own squadron.

We use a web based flight logging software using VABase. All pilots are to manually file a Pirep after each flight. This can be for both online and offline flights. all Pireps are to be checked and accepted by Squadron Commanders. Pilots aren't tied to one aircraft type. Here at Uk Navalops pilots can fly any aircraft in out fleet and submit a pirep. So if you fancy an offline Huey flight delivering mail to the carrier then thats fine. Here we focus on freedom and enjoyment.Pilots can fly as often as they like although our main missions are Saturday nights.

Squadrons

PnRoPmB.png

800 Naval Air Squadron

BbXtkfI.png

801 Naval Air Squadron

OlXp8ZX.png

892 Naval Air Squadron

Ew9omIo.png

Commando Helicopter Force

Aswell as flight squadrons we have a ground element:

HoQeFkn.png

Royal Marines Commando

We currently have 800 NAS & 801 NAS Flying the Razbam Harrier, and 892 NAS Flying the DCS F18c

Commando Helicopter Force is active but doesnt have dedicated members, however this could change, numbers permitting.

We are looking for experienced Harrier pilots to help with training.

Dont worry if you have no experience because we have an fun training package set up. plus we dont shove people in a training squadron for three months before they get to fly combat missions. new pilots will be assigned a mentor who will help them through it all.

If flying isnt your thing we have a dedicated ground unit which can run completely indipendantly from the rest of the group, but can provide JTAC and Recce support when needed. This unit is for DCS World Combined Arms

If you are interested then please go to our website

and fill in the short application.

If you need any more info please dont hesitate to contact me by pm on here.

See you in the skies

http://www.uknavalops.co.uk/

TS:

Carrier Air Wing Eight Actively Recruiting for F-14 Drivers!

lilGqvt.png

tvcRh5J.pngK3jmq3F.pngIt0Xhrq.pngh7Ber6c.pngqFI2f0Y.pngQiaTxhU.png

Are you looking for a realistic milsim/milsim-lite for the F-14 Tomcat? Look no further! CVW-8 is actively seeking for veteran pilots to fill out the ranks of VF-31 and VF-213! Carrier Air Wing Eight is accepting applications now!

If you are interested, please visit our website linked below. There you will find our wing application form, along with links to our Discord and Teamspeak 3 channel.

http://cvw-8.org/

https://discord.gg/jewxZWm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Athena | Jazzy

http://www.athenainternational.biz

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in the same boat as you. Later evening PST after 9PM( GMT-8)

I'm in PST zone as well. Do you guys want to get together sometime for a formation flight or a coop?

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

VMFA-251 Thunderbolts Actively Recruiting

VMFA-251 Thunderbolts Has Become the 81st Fighter Squadron

We are looking for dedicated pilots who want a realistic and in-depth experience with a virtual A-10C II Squadron.

Virtual VMFA-251 has transitioned into the DCS: A-10C II, emulating the 81st Fighter Squadron prior to their deactivation in 2013.

We are part of the Joint Task Force One's 1st Air Forces, flying alongside several other highly professional virtual Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps units.

We are currently undergoing familiarization training in the A-10C II, with our emphasis to be on CAS, Armed Recon, SCAR, and BAI.

We officially fly three days a week and enjoy the infrastructure of JTF's several dedicated server options using various DCS maps.

Please come stop by and say hello if you are interested, we have a lot of information available for the potential pilot. Our IP staff is friendly and available. We cater mostly to US pilots as most of our training and flight times are based around Eastern US Time Zones.

Our official squadron flight times:

Tuesdays at 8pm Eastern

Thursdays at 8pm Eastern

Sundays at 8pm Eastern

But again, our server is up 24/7 for impromptu flights with the many members of JTF-1 throughout the week and weekends.

Feel free to swing by our Discord and say hello: https://discord.gg/NJHVXnx

Hooah!

Edited by Reddshift

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Canadians

https://www.5vwing.com/

Curious why you don't use Simple Radio. Its free, easy to setup, and works great.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I'm in the same boat as you. Later evening PST after 9PM( GMT-8)

PST, EST, and Atlantic guys on the Carrier Air Wing 1

https://vcaw1.com/

CAW1-logo.png

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

How we work:

CVW-1 is membership driven, we provide dedicated TeamSpeak and SRS (Simple Radio) Servers as well as at least one (1) dedicated mission server at this time. A 5 person administrative staff handles the background work to maintain the website, servers and other operational components required to keep our group running day to day. Each squadron will have a CO, XO team that will handle the squadron’s operation, however we don’t use rank to segregate or stipulate what active members can and cannot do. We encourage members to take active rolls within the group to provide quality additions when and where they can. We embrace a team concept, where no voice or ego out shadows another.

How we train:

CVW-1 has built a training program that brings together the experiences of real world military aviators, aircraft maintainers, and service members, and combines it with actual CNATRA and Fleet Squadron Training materials. Where the limitations of the simulation affect the ‘realism’ factor we adjust the training appropriately. Our training program provides the base for incoming pilots to build upon as they join the fleet, but not at the expense of the fun factor. We don’t accept that this hobby should feel like a job sometimes, and you shouldn’t either. Rest assured that all of our members have completed the training syllabus prior to reaching a fleet squadron. We don’t offer training waivers, nor do we require applicants to do anything every active member hasn’t already done. Ongoing training is key, and as new procedures or pipelines open up, members will have a chance to qualify via training.

How we fly:

We simulate Carrier aviation, which means 90% of our operations will begin and end on the ‘Boat’. As a member you should expect runways that move, and dark nights that require attention to detail, and an adherence to training. We also strive to simulate real world aerial environments and engagements. Not every flight will end with bombs dropped and missiles fired. We aim to simulate not just combat, but peacetime operations as well. We also realize this is a hobby, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. The ultimate goal is to provide a fun and professional environment where member’s time is well spent, and friendships are built and maintained.

Where we plan to go:

It is important to understand that currently Carrier Aviation in DCS is in its infancy. We have selected the DCS F/A-18 as our primary aircraft, but our ultimate goal is to embrace additional carrier aircraft as they become available. We currently require incoming members to own the Hornet module as a minimum, and this will be a standard requirement. All of our training will be conducted utilizing the F/A-18 module. We will continually evaluate were we stand, and how we operate within the DCS environment, and where we see opportunities to adapt new technologies we will. Currently we are testing for implementation of Carrier Air Traffic Control (CATCC) and LSO technologies to provide true to life carrier operations. Check back here periodically, to see what new testing we are doing.

Edited by BoneDust

Hi BoneDust, sounds awesome but was unable to readily see any designated flightnights or training nights/day listed. Thx

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

Hi BoneDust, sounds awesome but was unable to readily see any designated flightnights or training nights/day listed. Thx

We do not have designated flight nights right now because we are just getting up and running. We will have them shortly. The guys that are on the wing now are all running through the training program, which is standard flight stuff taught by a retired F15/F16 pilot, but there is usually a flight every night; the guys are quite active.

We do not have designated flight nights right now because we are just getting up and running. We will have them shortly. The guys that are on the wing now are all running through the training program, which is standard flight stuff taught by a retired F15/F16 pilot, but there is usually a flight every night; the guys are quite active.

I'm interested. When you say the guys on the wing are all running through the training program....that is really fascinating and sounds fun. Do you mean training as in, from even basic start up? What would be the requirements or "readiness" expected to then join this (besides the Hornet etc)?

Thank you

I'm interested. When you say the guys on the wing are all running through the training program....that is really fascinating and sounds fun. Do you mean training as in, from even basic start up? What would be the requirements or "readiness" expected to then join this (besides the Hornet etc)?

Thank you

The Hornet is the only requirement, although Persian Gulf may be a requirement later on. The training program is basic things like engine start, pattern work, radio calls, navigation, formation, and of course CASE 1 and CASE 3 carrier ops in the later stages. Followed later by weapons deployment and tactics as the sim develops. We employed realism to the training program but balanced it with the sim world. We do not expect you to be a "real world" hornet driver because this is not a paying job. Everyone including the admin staff are currently going through the training.

You would be expected to be able to start the jet and there is a training module to ensure you can, and you'd be expected to be able to take off and land; at a land based field initially since the training progresses from land to carrier. We still have mission type flights and use them as a test to see how our training is progressing and we modify our program accordingly.

The guys are serious in the air, but are joking and teasing each other on teamspeak; a good group of fellas.

Edited by BoneDust

Yes, sorry we've filled out quota for now.

We only take a few new recruits so we can focus on getting them trained and up to speed.

Will post when taking new pilots again.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings DCS Community! The Secretary of the Navy is pleased to announce the establishment of US Navy Carrier Air Wing 6 (Virtual). The Air Wing, which was de-activated in 1993, has been re-activated in response to the President's aggressive build-up of the U.S. Armed Forces. The President has focused a large amount of his attention on the Navy, and ensuring our Naval Forces are fit to fight anywhere, anytime, by increasing the amount of carriers in the fleet, and requesting that additional air wings be available for deployment to those carriers when they hit the fleet. As part of this fleet build-up, the Department of the Navy, and DOD, have decided to bring a limited amount of F-14's out of mothballs, and re-assign them to fleet squadrons in an effort to counter increased air to air capabilities of bad actors around the world, and supplement the strike capabilities of the F-18.

Carrier Wing 6 will be based on the east coast and will primarily supplement force projection in the Middle East. However, we will stand ready to deploy anywhere in the world to carry out the desires, and intent of our Commander in Chief.

Carrier Air Wing 6 will be comprised primarily of Navy and Marine squadrons that have been dis-established. The current stacking of the wing's squadrons, and their respective airframes will consist of the following:

VF-1 "Wolfpack" (F-14A/B Tomcat)

VF-24 "Renegades" (F-14A/B Tomcat)VFA-146 "Blue Diamonds" (F-18C Hornet)

VMFA-323 "Death Rattlers" (F-18C Hornet)

VMA-231 "Ace of Spades" (AV8B Harrier)

There are also plans, when the wing can support it, and there is a need, to add a Fleet Replacement/Training Squadron. This particular squadron will be announced at the appropriate time.

Is this wing for you?

We are a group that will focus on the fun of the simulation, and we have taken a small amount creative license with this group with a quasi-historical approach to the sim. For some, this will be hard to get past. If you are a Naval Aviation history buff that obsesses over the smallest of details, we're probably not for you. If you are someone that knows every manual front to back, and thinks anyone that flies this sim should as well, we're probably not for you. Simply put, rivet counters should probably stay away.

However, if you want to fly with a great bunch of folks of varying skill, and experience who enjoy nothing more than dropping hate on the bad guys, and splashing MiGs while honoring the most important components of Naval Aviation, then you're in the right place. Our 'standards' are applied in the right places, and where it counts. We believe in "Doing it by the numbers" where we can but, not to the point where it interferes with the fun of the simulation. Our main goal every time we go up is to destroy the enemy wherever they are, while doing it as close "to the numbers" as possible, and have fun while doing it. It's really just that simple.

How do I join?

This post is an announcement of the establishment of the wing, and the squadrons contained within. At this time, we are not openly recruiting. We are a small group of 10-12 individuals that are working hard to ensure that when we open recruiting, you will arrive at a wing that is organized, professional, properly structured, and with all of the kinks ironed out. When you arrive at the wing, we want your experience to be unlike any you've ever experienced in a virtual flight sim. We want you to immediately recognize that you have found your military flight sim home when you arrive. This post will update when we begin recruiting. However, you can private message me on the forum now if you are interested in joining this wing when recruitment opens. Detailed information on how to join will be available in the updated post, and again, if you're interested, by all means let us know as it will help us plan for your arrival at the wing.

Thanks again for taking a look at us, and we look forward to flying with you in the near future.

VCVW-6_Banner_2.jpg.8fb2e2c0fe503a1fdb81526ffa47ca31.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiNDZmPxhwQlzX_itO87.jpg

http://jfccomcen1.freeforums.net/ for registration

always looking for pilots

but also looking for ground forces commanders to work in an all arms combined effort

infantry

armored

artillery and recce troop

logistics

we run a campaign that rolls every sunday 10:00 gmt to 17:00

currently using 1.5.7 till all members can operate 2.25

Edited by JFCshloss

Yes, sorry we've filled out quota for now.

We only take a few new recruits so we can focus on getting them trained and up to speed.

Will post when taking new pilots again.

Just curious as to the big splash of promoting your wing when not recruiting?

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic