Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 03:53 AM   #1
BluFinBima

Post Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again

Gentlefolk,

I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that there is a beta version of Helios now available. As far as I am aware, this is the first public distribution of Gadroc's fantastic virtual cockpit simulator which he donated to the community.

The learning curve has been steep, but the release that we are calling 1.4 Beta 3 contains:
  • An Interface for Razbam's AV-8B Harrier
  • A partial interface and gauges for the MiG-21Bis
  • Various bug fixes

The near-future roadmap contains
  1. F/A-18C Hornet Interface and gauges
  2. A generic interface to enable the "Top-Tier" profile creators such as Capt Zeen to have a slightly easier life

Creating aircraft specific interfaces is extremely time consuming, so there should be no expectation that Helios 1.4 will eventually contain an interface for every aircraft type (unless others wish to contribute them).

It there are closet Helios developers who have written their own interfaces and wish for them to be included in Helios then please PM me.

Collaborators on this development project were Bloop, AG-51_Animal & Capt Zeen.

Let us know what you think, and feel free to give the download file some stars if you feel inclined.

All the best, BlueFinBima
BluFinBima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Capt Zeen
ED Testers Team

Amazing good job!

From here i ask everyone uses my profiles, to test it in this new version.
Soon wi'll be another version and we need as much feedback as posible, before release it.

Right now i am working on a new complete Mi-8 2.0 profile, using the new features and the new General interface we included in the next Helios beta4 release.
With this new multipurpose interface we are able to create profiles for airplanes that already do not have a specific interface in Helios.
My plan is convert the UH1H profile to this new system aswell, as soon as possible, and at last forget about the keyboard files and problems!

Thanks to BlueFinBima and all the collaborators!

Last edited by Capt Zeen; 09-28-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Capt Zeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
Fakum

Thank you for this, I look forward to giving it a test drive.
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Oculus Rift-S / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)
Fakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
OverDhill

I would love to see the addition for the F15 RWR and optionally the Multi Purpose Color Display (MPCD). Also the gauge data so there is no need to jump through hoops with Capt Zeen's awesome work. I am sure there are still a lot of us that fly the F15.

Thanks for your efforts
OverDhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #5
BluFinBima

Hi OverDhill. We've just released a new Helios so our focus is not on new (old?) aircraft gauges at this time. If you have suitable artwork already, then I'm happy to take a look. PM me if you have stuff ready to go.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
BaD CrC

Wow! This is a major good news. I am using Helios and Capt Zeen's profiles on a daily basis and I was dreading the day when DCS will not be compatible anymore.
Hey Capt, you talking helicopter profiles updates is sweet music to my ears!

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:24 AM   #7
sobe

So far it seems to work fine with CZ's F18 profile.
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Last edited by sobe; 09-29-2018 at 01:38 AM.
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:38 AM   #8
raymondabel

will "old profile" will be compatible like the A-10C Loz SM v2.1 profile or you plan to do a new one?

Thanks for your time
Ray
raymondabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #9
BluFinBima

Hi Ray,
I've been running this Helios with a variant of Loz's A-10C profile for a long time and I have not found any incompatibility. If you do encounter any incompatibilities, let us know and we'll try to fix it.

Anyone can write a profile with Helios, and if there is something you feel can be improved in Loz's A-10C, you have the option to make the change and contribute the profile back for others to benefit from the improvement.

It would be great to hear how you get on.

Cheers, BFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondabel View Post
compatible like the A-10C Loz SM v2.1 profile or you plan to do a new one?
Old 09-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #10
raymondabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFinBima View Post
Hi Ray,
I've been running this Helios with a variant of Loz's A-10C profile for a long time and I have not found any incompatibility. If you do encounter any incompatibilities, let us know and we'll try to fix it.

Anyone can write a profile with Helios, and if there is something you feel can be improved in Loz's A-10C, you have the option to make the change and contribute the profile back for others to benefit from the improvement.

It would be great to hear how you get on.

Cheers, BFB

good. I "discover helios 1.4 very late yesterday night. I will do a bit of RTFM, install, play with it then be back to gice you my first impression and if I found any issues.

My main concern:
- Will it be compatible with old LoZ profile(i do not feel to reinvente the wheel)
- Will it make DCS crach or freese

Look great so far !!
raymondabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
av-8b, gadroc, harrier, helios, mig21