Take off from ground

shaggy

Will this be implemented on the YAK and other prop aircraft so we can create missions and take off with the YAK from homemade airfields.

Regards

Shaggy

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Yeah, +1 for making the Yak52 spawning anywhere on ground please :thumbup:

For now I did grass airfield, but I can't spawn there, I need to come here by flight :(

It would be awesome if we can make cold start here :)

v19hBzs.jpg

oNxzKH5.jpg

8MYvsrB.jpg

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

Yes, please! This has to become available for the Yak.

The STOL capability and good shock absorption make it possible to operate the Yak on small unprepared airfields.

We need this ;)

[ This might be already planned but not included, so maybe that's why it should be in the bug section? Otherwise, I guess a wishlist would be more appropriate. ]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

This is how you spawn client planes on the ground where you place your plane in the editor:

Go to your main game directory\MissionEditor\modules\me_route.lua.

Edit the me_route.lua by adding this

actions.takeoffGround,

actions.takeoffGroundHot,

to plane_one_point and the plane_first_point sections.

It should look like this:

plane_one_point = {

actions.turningPoint,

actions.flyOverPoint,

actions.takeoffRunway,

actions.takeoffParking,

actions.takeoffParkingHot,

actions.landing,

actions.takeoffGround,

},

plane_first_point = {

actions.turningPoint,

actions.flyOverPoint,

actions.takeoffRunway,

actions.takeoffParking,

actions.takeoffGround,

I believe it is only the mission creator that need this edit.

In the mission editor you will now have the option to select takeoff from ground and takeoff from ground hot in the waypoint type list.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

This is how you spawn client planes on the ground where you place your plane in the editor:

Go to your main game directory\MissionEditor\modules\me_route.lua.

Edit the me_route.lua by adding this

actions.takeoffGround,

to plane_one_point and the plane_first_point sections.

It should look like this:

plane_one_point = {

actions.turningPoint,

actions.flyOverPoint,

actions.takeoffRunway,

actions.takeoffParking,

actions.landing,

actions.takeoffGround,

},

plane_first_point = {

actions.turningPoint,

actions.flyOverPoint,

actions.takeoffRunway,

actions.takeoffParking,

actions.takeoffGround,

I believe it is only the mission creator that need this edit.

In the mission editor you will now have the option to select takeoff from ground and takeoff from ground hot in the waypoint type list.

Nice! Thank you, I will try that.

It's not a problem for the integrity check on multiplayer?

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

It probably will be a problem for IC.

How does the IC Check work?

I can join servers that has the integrity check activated, that require pure clients.

If it is a IC problem then just use the "fix" while making the mission and remove it when playing it I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

How does the IC Check work?

I can join servers that has the integrity check activated, that require pure clients.

If it is a IC problem then just use the "fix" while making the mission and remove it when playing it I guess.

Exactly what I did, and it seems to work.

Thx :thumbup:

Here is the last version of the mission, Yak can coldstart from ground :)

propland_v1.5.miz

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Cool. Thanks for the mission :thumbup:

Edit: This text is still in the briefing of your mission "Planes are spawing at Kutaisi or in flight close to points of interest (can't spawn on grass yet...)"

Edited by Agent_wolf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

Cool. Thanks for the mission :thumbup:

Edit: This text is still in the briefing of your mission "Planes are spawing at Kutaisi or in flight close to points of interest (can't spawn on grass yet...)"

I'll correct that. thx ^^

And thank you SUNTSAG, screens look great! but I don't want to use mod, I prefer play vanilla to pass the integrety check online. Also I don't want to make other pilots to install mods I chose ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Not sure if this is the same as what I have but there is a JSGME Version I have which does the same thing and there are 0 IC issues. IIRC you can even design missions with it and people who join the server don’t need the mod for it to work for them. We did this with the Fighting Legends Server at some point and the only real issue was people who found it more difficult to takeoff in the grass than on the runway.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Not sure if this is the same as what I have but there is a JSGME Version I have which does the same thing and there are 0 IC issues. IIRC you can even design missions with it and people who join the server don’t need the mod for it to work for them. We did this with the Fighting Legends Server at some point and the only real issue was people who found it more difficult to takeoff in the grass than on the runway.

Sounds like the same one, I have mine JSGME/OvGME ready with the edited lua in it. I did download another one with the me_route.lua and a me_authorization.lua in it but that one crashed the game, had to remove the me_authorization.lua to make it work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

The propland mission is quite fun. I think my only gripe about it, which is more a gripe about DCS visibility, is that the tires marking the airstrips are invisible until you're right on top of them.

I changed the date, I put winter, and now it's easier to watch tires ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

I think my only gripe about it, which is more a gripe about DCS visibility, is that the tires marking the airstrips are invisible until you're right on top of them.

We could definitely use better markings for any unprepared airstrip. I wish it'd be easier to add and share (MP-compatible) custom static objects. Then we could use white/yellow stripes and other markings.

Something that could be added to the very long DCS wishlist, but that would also end up very low in their priority list.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///