104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

There's a good explanation from Maverick about how 104th design its mission in mind in this thread.

Personally, I like this airquake style mission as its simple and don't need some kind of preparation like you do in BF. Fly, shoot, and die then repeat or go to sleep with smile on your face

To me, Longbow was a good medium between air quake and at least some representation of a more realistic sortie. At least the aircraft on each side where more realistic. There were many choices of where to attack and there was some strategy involved. The missions running now seems to want to concentrate everyone in a small portion of the map.

I'm guessing that most people who like this air quake stuff are flying FC aircraft where there is little investment on learning/using the more advanced systems on other aircraft.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

I'm guessing that most people who like this air quake stuff are flying FC aircraft where there is little investment on learning/using the more advanced systems on other aircraft.

People fly FC3 aircraft because PvP is way more competitive and difficult than certain people think it is, your guess couldn't be more wrong as most of the best PvP pilots in the sim fly full fidelity modules as well as FC3.

I'm all for realism too, but there is also a lot to be said about the adrenaline rush you get with so many aircraft crammed into one area on the map all fighting each other.

Its not for everyone, I get that... but neither is flying 400nm to drop 2 bombs and maybe shoot at another human in an aircraft.

I'm not having a go at you here personally but there are a lot of FC3 haters that are going to run out of excuses pretty soon when the Hornet shows up.

News flash.... the top FC3 guys are going to be all over you ;)

9xYKxks.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3484887']but there are a lot of FC3 haters that are going to run out of excuses pretty soon when the Hornet shows up.

I'm not so sure, I guess F-15 and Su-27 are still supposed to have the advantage over the F-18 in PvP A2A, aren't they? Plus, if FC4 comes with 4.5 and 5 gen fighters like some people are requesting, this excuse will probably never end...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

;3484658']Yes' date=' I'll get that done over the next few days for you.[/quote']

Thanks! Also one small request, can some of the red Mig-29s be Iranian as well? Since they've added those to the game too?

Maybe at a certain red base which is shared by both Mig-29s and F-5s, they both can be Iranian :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

OP Arma: I passingly heard CTLD stuff was broken? Atleast pickup zones for troops I think. Would be cool if the stuff gets looked at now that the mission is back in rotation.

Could it be possible to put Transport Heli spawns near the A2G areas for JTAC transport to A/B&C? I kinda wish for that in all the old missions heh.

;3484887']People fly FC3 aircraft because PvP is way more competitive and difficult than certain people think it is, your guess couldn't be more wrong as most of the best PvP pilots in the sim fly full fidelity modules as well as FC3.

I'm all for realism too, but there is also a lot to be said about the adrenaline rush you get with so many aircraft crammed into one area on the map all fighting each other.

Its not for everyone, I get that... but neither is flying 400nm to drop 2 bombs and maybe shoot at another human in an aircraft.

I'm not having a go at you here personally but there are a lot of FC3 haters that are going to run out of excuses pretty soon when the Hornet shows up.

News flash.... the top FC3 guys are going to be all over you ;)

I get ya, and honestly I'm not bashing FC pilots. I get that some pilots like to get the immediate gratification/adrenaline of combat and one can get FC aircraft up and on station/combat very quickly and get that.

If I do A-A (I prefer A-G) I do so in a 2000c and I do wait the whole 8 min or so for INS alignment, to me it is more immersive, and since I'll be going up against superior planes/weapons I have to rely on varying tactics and if I do get a kill it's that much more satisfying.

It's hard to please everyone I know, but maybe having a high value target 400nm away that requires refueling and killing it has some bearing on the flow of the mission could attract some more hardcore realism folks to the server. Personally I'd find more enjoyment tracking down and killing a strike package going for such targets or being that strike package and avoiding them.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Yes, way to much work went in to Longbow to park her forever.

It will be back at some point, not sure when yet tho, we want to have a good run at the Persian Gulf map when it is released to see how that plays!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3489616']Yes, way to much work went in to Longbow to park her forever.

It will be back at some point, not sure when yet tho, we want to have a good run at the Persian Gulf map when it is released to see how that plays!

Yesssss, would love to see the Persian Gulf map in MP, probably the best setting so far !

It already has been asked but not answered:

Is it, or will it be possible to provide air-refueling for the mirage?

Right now, the probe-drogue tankers have the wrong frequencies, and the boom tanker doesnt answer although the radio freq is set correctly...

For anyone struggling with FPS on Persian Gulf, here are my settings!

I get 70+fps on the ground at Al Dhafra in Operation Clean Sweep (2k units) and DCS performs like a rocket ship!

My setup:

i7 6800k

1080GTX

TrackIR

32GB Ram

gFxb5AS.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Op Clean Sweep v2 online for testing.

Switched to a sequential target area on Blue (still WIP on red). So the targets in Oman will be available in 3 separate objectives.

More submarine hunts added.

More speedboat attacks added.

Apache Overwatch set up on Al Dhafra and Al Minhad AB

GCI EWR improvements made, GCI Operators should now have a much better view of enemy fighter movements.

Still got loads to do, but the excitement is real, there are so many incredible possibilities with this map!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maveric, you made me buy the map!

It already has been asked but not answered:

Is it, or will it be possible to provide air-refueling for the mirage?

Right now, the probe-drogue tankers have the wrong frequencies, and the boom tanker doesnt answer although the radio freq is set correctly...

ok i got it: the comms menu has to be opened with the uhf or vuhf selector switches. using the comms menu key may result in transmitting in the wrong channel....

;3494898']Op Clean Sweep v2 online for testing.

Switched to a sequential target area on Blue (still WIP on red). So the targets in Oman will be available in 3 separate objectives.

More submarine hunts added.

More speedboat attacks added.

Apache Overwatch set up on Al Dhafra and Al Minhad AB

GCI EWR improvements made, GCI Operators should now have a much better view of enemy fighter movements.

Still got loads to do, but the excitement is real, there are so many incredible possibilities with this map!

I FEEL THE NEED!

Im so happy you guys went to Gulf map =)

I was worried if there would be enough MP servers to make it worthwhile but with you guys moving there that removes that worry.

A Few questions and suggestions about the plane set.

First why is there no F-5E for the Iranian side? =P i mean its the only Fully modeled aircraft in DCS that is currently operated by Iran (and there are even Iranian Skins for it).

Second. Would it be possible to switch the SU-25A from Russian to Iran (As then it will have Iranian skins) and also would you consider adding the Mig-29A to Iran (as there are also Iranian Mig-29 Skins) That way we will give us more Iranian Airforce aircraft to pick from instead of primarily Russian / Chinese for the Red side.

And Lastly.

Would you considers having 2 versions on the map on rotation (If not now then down the line)

One with sequential target areas (as it is now)

and one with multiple targets of different types spread over the map from mission start

(as it was initially) Personally i prefer the second (as it was initially) as that gives you more variety and also lets you pick

a suitable target depending on the aircraft you are currently flying which is especially helpful for people like me who like to fly the

AJS 37 (and thus dont like the CAS type targets that are the standard with Sequential target areas)

Edited by mattebubben