DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

shut up and take my money, this will be one of the coolest module ever created for DCS.!!!

cant waitt, i have so good memories of the HIND in operation flashpoint, the noise he/she makes is pure FEAR!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

shut up and take my money, this will be one of the coolest module ever created for DCS.!!!

cant waitt, i have so good memories of the HIND in operation flashpoint, the noise he/she makes is pure FEAR!!

Agree!

I too eagerly await this and will buy immediately when it becomes available. My first "sim" was "Hind" by Digital Integration and was where I learned to fly this magnificent helicopter. That was 22 years ago!

I'm sure that Belsimtek will do a fantastic job to bring this iconic beauty to life in our virtual world. So excited!

Of course he can. XDD

Sorta get what they're saying though. I mean the F-4 is also famous for not having a gun and being inferior IVR, never-mind that these things got fixed after and weren't somewhat true even in Vietnam.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Agree!

I too eagerly await this and will buy immediately when it becomes available. My first "sim" was "Hind" by Digital Integration and was where I learned to fly this magnificent helicopter. That was 22 years ago!

I'm sure that Belsimtek will do a fantastic job to bring this iconic beauty to life in our virtual world. So excited!

Digital integration were a superb producer in their day.... I loved all of their chopper releases.

The Belsimtek model will be superior but a dynamic campaign would be a serious want for me.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 5 weeks later...

News is coming...but only from other 3D Party

It's now more than 02 or 03 months that during each of my evening I come to the forum of ED in order to look at only ONE thing : some news from BELSIMTEK on the Mi-24P !!!

And....NOTHING, NICHTS, NADA, RIEN, NIETS

Some years ago it was the same misscommunication from ED.

But since, things have changed, they understand that they need to keep the community abreast of the latest news...

And in fact most other 3D parties have understood this as well :

Last Update Polychop : 24 Apr 18

Last Update MilTech : 14 Apr 18

Last Update AvioDev : 25 Apr 18

Last Update RAZBAM : 25 Apr 18

Last Update VAO : 09 Apr 18

It seems that only BELSIMTEK is using the ZERO communication...

Sorry gents but think that I am not the only one waitting for some news...

Some News, Update, communication would be really welcome...

Thanks to spent a little bit of your time to keep us informed

Thanks a lot...

Chris

It's now more than 02 or 03 months that during each of my evening I come to the forum of ED in order to look at only ONE thing : some news from BELSIMTEK on the Mi-24P !!!

But since, things have changed, they understand that they need to keep the community abreast of the latest news...

Thanks a lot...

Chris

They are fully focused on the Hornet. BST has never communicated more then they did this year. All their other modules were announced close to EA or Beta release how we used to call it. So I suggest you lower your demanding voice a bit and have some patience. There will be news where there is news.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• 4 weeks later...
They are fully focused on the Hornet. BST has never communicated more then they did this year. All their other modules were announced close to EA or Beta release how we used to call it. So I suggest you lower your demanding voice a bit and have some patience. There will be news where there is news.

Thanks a lot...

Chris

:thumbup: that's exactly my opinion, they are good at their core job, that is: developing modules, but they totally neglect the community - no idea about modern marketing + communication - but I guess we'll have to live with that :)

:thumbup: that's exactly my opinion, they are good at their core job, that is: developing modules, but they totally neglect the community - no idea about modern marketing + communication - but I guess we'll have to live with that :)

Guys but Belsimtek did clearly communicate that they are busy with the Hornet project and only after the release of it (and I assume hyper-care) we should expect some further information on F-4 and Hind. That's open, fair and absolutelly clear communication. Not sure what you expect more in the mean time as per today the Hornet hasn't been released yet. Seems communicating the things as they are isn't sufficient and community expects some kind of patting while devs are busy with other projects?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Most people seem to require some constant re assurance about what a module developer is doing or have promised to do no matter how far down the production line that module is.

Belsimtek have stated that the F-18 is the dominant project and then the Hind.

They only stated it once in the Queens English and that is enough for me.

Belsimtek don't talk, they do.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

does this helicopter has a auto hover function like ka-50 or gazelle? or do we have to keep it steady like mi-8?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

26.7.2015 revealed the F-5E and got released 12.11.2016 so little over year.

31.12.2017 revealed the Mi-24P and not yet released...

But my guesstimation is that it is in 6-9 month time when we get to see that Mi-24 released/pre-order.

As nothing is coming out before it is "What is ____ doing here?". And when that happens, it is going to be soon.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

does this helicopter has a auto hover function like ka-50 or gazelle? or do we have to keep it steady like mi-8?

I believe all, at least since Mi-24D has the auto-hover as they have the augmentation channels and sensor for motion etc. But you do not hover that helicopter in combat but use its high speed and maneuvering in attacks. Multiple Hinds attacking in well known patterns around the target area to cause confusion and destruction.

And then when you hover, you are anyways in hands-on as you don't need to put heads down, so even if it wouldn't have auto-hover feature, you are hands on.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

31.12.2017 revealed the Mi-24P and not yet released...

But my guesstimation is that it is in 6-9 month time when we get to see that Mi-24 released/pre-order.

No news is normally good news...but for the Mi-24P, it's seems to be a long way to Tipperary !

6-9 month to see a release or a pre-order...May God hear you ! :)

I think that the Mi-24 is one of the most wanted or desired DCS module (look at number of threads and posts) BUT...

Edited by Razorback

DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

Hi all fans of the Mi-24,

Nice, BELSIMTEK has merged with DCS but all the discussions regarding the Mi-24P on the former BELSIMTEK third party project have been stopped....and deleted

You can still find the previous link here :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193715&highlight=Mi-24

In terms of threads and posts we can clearely see that the Mi-24P module is expected by many people.

Personnaly, I am waiting the Mi-24P since months...

It's since a long time now that we haven't see a real new combat helo (in fact since the release of the Ka-50 and despite the terrific job done for the French Gazelle) in DCS.

So I propose to continue the Mi-24P topic from here, much remains to be done/say on this wondeful Mi-24 !

I also hope that very soon we will receive "finally" some good news...or screenshots regarding this project...

Post and shoot ! icon12.gif

Chris

Edited by Razorback

• 2 weeks later...

So where can I find this thread now? And where is the news + teaser images about the Mi-24? :D

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 3 weeks later...