Hornet Early access is about complete?

NineGravity

End Of Spring

Maybe we should ask Punxsutawney Phil? I bet he knows when the end of spring is!

Phil.jpg.cf9f0f022d6ebe6c59dc4a332af3726d.jpg

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should ask Punxsutawney Phil? I bet he knows when the end of spring is!
Betting on Phil

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

So June 1st. cool with me its a Friday.. I may just have to take the day off of work I maybe sick that day with localized and stress exacerbating "VR induced hypoxia.":helpsmilie:

:thumbup:+1 for this

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Basically what it comes down to is there is no FIXED date for the early access release of this module. Yet.

Im sure there will be, and when they do announce it I will prepurchase the module. If they do not, thats fine too, but it would be a first. Allowing prepurchase of a module without a release date was also a first in a long time for Eagle Dynamics but I would rather not waste any more time commenting on that, as discussing business practices is AFAIK a bannable offense.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• ED Team
Basically what it comes down to is there is no FIXED date for the early access release of this module. Yet.

Im sure there will be, and when they do announce it I will prepurchase the module. If they do not, thats fine too, but it would be a first. Allowing prepurchase of a module without a release date was also a first in a long time for Eagle Dynamics but I would rather not waste any more time commenting on that, as discussing business practices is AFAIK a bannable offense.

Not bannable, just off topic and wont be discussed in public by ED.

As soon as ED are happy I am sure they will give us a more refined date, as Wags has said the end of spring announcement gives them some wiggle room in case any thing goes wrong. I am sure once we get closer more news will be passed on to us all.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It’s amazing to me that this module isn’t well over a hundred dollars… with the almost daily updates by Matt and the amount of precise details going into this aircraft it is practically a giveaway. It’s crazy that we will have the opportunity to experience this masterpiece in a few months. I have been flying sims for 25 years and have never been this excited about an upcoming aircraft release.

It’s amazing to me that this module isn’t well over a hundred dollars… with the almost daily updates by Matt and the amount of precise details going into this aircraft it is practically a giveaway. It’s crazy that we will have the opportunity to experience this masterpiece in a few months. I have been flying sims for 25 years and have never been this excited about an upcoming aircraft release.

The Hornet that we will get at first will be far from feature complete. The final release and feature complete Hornet could still be a couple of years away. I don’t know if many people would pay well over a hundred dollars for an early release product.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I’m not saying everyone would pay that… I just think the value that we are receiving, even though early access, far outweighs the price we are paying.

Completely agree with the value sentiment. We definitely get a lot for our money with DCS.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

The Hornet that we will get at first will be far from feature complete. The final release and feature complete Hornet could still be a couple of years away. I don’t know if many people would pay well over a hundred dollars for an early release product.

"A couple of years"?

I think that's a bit much.

Maybe a year, 18 months at the most.

I have flown, Hornet Korea (Graphsims), F/A-18E Superbug addon for MS Flight Sim X , and EA Janes F/A-18. If DCS F/A-18 is done as well as the

DCS A10C, It will be well worth the money. Just my opinion.:pilotfly:

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

I have flown, Hornet Korea (Graphsims), F/A-18E Superbug addon for MS Flight Sim X , and EA Janes F/A-18. If DCS F/A-18 is done as well as the

Well, let us hope that the system depth is at the level of the Falcon 4 F-16 and not the Janes F-18 or the Aerofly FS F-18. ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I am sure that DCS F/A-18 will set new milestones in the flight sim genre and that it will be one of the best modul on the flight sim market. DCS A-10C is about 7 years old and many things changed since then

"A couple of years"?

I think that's a bit much.

Maybe a year, 18 months at the most.

Welcome to DCS. :)

The wait for 100% is going to be even longer than the most pessimistic person here thinks, but it will be worth it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The wait for 100% is going to be even longer than the most pessimistic person here thinks, but it will be worth it.

Exactly. Almost a year ago I wrote this, thinking I was very pessimistic:

My educated guess based on previous experiences:

- The Harrier will be available first, but it will be very rough around the edges. Like the M-2000 was, more an alpha test initially.

- Hornet will slip to Q4 for reasons we will never be told, and will be released in a last sprint just before Christmas. But it will be in pretty decent shape, for an early access of course.

- Tomcat will be delayed to 2018.

Turns out Harrier is just as unfinished as M-2000 initially was, Hornet will be out in the middle of 2018 and that "decent shape" means only basic weaponry, no A2G radar and TGP initially, Tomcat is somewhere beyond event horizon.

The only way to not get disappointed is to not expect anything. :) Enjoy the currently released modules, report the bugs in the "early access" ones, or just find something else to spend the passing time.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Enjoy the currently released modules, report the bugs in the "early access" ones, or just find something else to spend the passing time.

That is the exact same thing im saying in this forums for months but so hard to understand sometimes.

I wish you luck against some reactions for saying that.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

We all awaiting :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Northern Hemisphere, Spring: 1 March to 31 May... I would imagine that's what Matt is referring to.

He may meaning the celtic spring end, which is on the 1 May(according to Wikipedia), then we have to wait 30 days less. :)

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3, DCS Combined Arms, DCS F-5E Tiger II, DCS Ka-50, DCS F/A 18C Hornet,DCS A-10C Warthog,DCS AV-8B Harrier

Wishlist: DCS F-16 Falcon

Intel Core I7-6700K OC 4.7GHZ, Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294329153/

The astronomical spring ends on the 20th june and the meteorological on the 31th may.

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3, DCS Combined Arms, DCS F-5E Tiger II, DCS Ka-50, DCS F/A 18C Hornet,DCS A-10C Warthog,DCS AV-8B Harrier

Wishlist: DCS F-16 Falcon

Intel Core I7-6700K OC 4.7GHZ, Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294329153/

do we know if the testers have their hands on it yet?

They're still implementing core features like the radar, and just finished A2A refuelling, I take it it's mostly just internal testing.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I'm not expecting a feature complete Hornet for another year or so. Not a critique, just a recognition that things take their time with DCS.

I probably won't be flying it a lot until everything is implemented. Plenty of other modules to keep me occupied until then.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat