Gazelle change log - Page 22 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #211
dimitriov

Reputation power: 8
dimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Note: Missions 1 and 10 of the gazelle campaign were updated at the same time.

They shouldn't be the only ones if I do well remember. Not sure.

Nicolas
dimitriov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #212
docWilly

Reputation power: 2
docWilly will become famous soon enoughdocWilly will become famous soon enough

Gents,

I updated Caucasus release to 1.5.7.10872 and took the Gazelle for a short spin just for testing. I would say the NTTR FM physics seem to be implemented into 1.5.7 latest release....right? Anyone to confirm that?

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, Gazelle, KA 50 DCS 1.5/2.5
docWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #213
myHelljumper

Reputation power: 6
myHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the rough

@docWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat01 View Post
The 1.5.7 update reflects what is in the changelog on 16-17/10/2017

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #214
docWilly

Reputation power: 2
docWilly will become famous soon enoughdocWilly will become famous soon enough

including what is named in update 06/10/2017?
Maybe it´s due to me not beeing a natve english speaker....

"The 1.5.7 update reflects what is in the changelog on 16-17/10/2017" does that mean only what is named in that particular update or what is listed "below" as well (incremental)...that would inlcude a lot more = FM is updated finally.

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, Gazelle, KA 50 DCS 1.5/2.5
docWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #215
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 47
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Everything up to 16-10-2017 ( included )

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:13 PM   #216
Pat01
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 19
Pat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nice

First post edited

Thanks.
Pat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 AM   #217
FragBum

Reputation power: 3
FragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat01 View Post
First post edited

Thanks.
Sweet, wow you guys have been busy. Thanks.

I was going to ask about rotor sound.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #218
Holbeach

Reputation power: 10
Holbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really niceHolbeach is just really nice

Some Gazelle FM changes have been made, so here are my findings from before (1.5.7.101) and after (1.5.7.10872), testing, using a template I fly after every update.

Before,

Attitude - pitch /roll, 0/0, no SAS, no gyro, no trim, stick centered, rudder centered, flight straight and level, hands off, speed = 69 kts.

alter pitch.

" , -1 deg. speed = 82 kts.
" , -2 = 94kts.
" , -3 = 98 kts.
" , -4 = 106 kts.
" , -5 = 114 kts.

Direction, pitch/bank, will remain constant, even if you pull collective repeatedly, top to bottom. Rudder not used at any time. All conditions remaining the same.

After.
Similar, except that collective down will produce a roll to the right and up a roll to the left, but used gently, no roll is produced and direction pitch/bank remain the same.
Collective dropped quickly top to bottom at high speed and a complete 360 roll is produced, engine cut out, recover upright and do an auto-rotation with no damage.

Inverted flight.

Before.
Roll inverted @ 10,000', perform left and right rudder turns, 360 left and right rolls, forward and backward loops, hands off stable descent to 1,000' and land normal without damage.

After.
All the same except engine cuts soon after becoming inverted and an auto rotation is performed without damage.

Translational lift.
Lift off and accelerate to 60 kts in a straight line without using the cyclic or trim.
None detected, before and after. Roll/bank remain constant at 0/0.

Lift off, travel to a rooftop, land, lift off and travel back to starting point, without using cyclic or trim.
Before and after, same.

Hover at 1,000', drop collective fully and rapidly, descend vertically, needle off clock, at 10' pull collective and land without using stick.
Before and after, same.

That's the story so far.
No conclusions are drawn.

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"
(Kenneth Williams 1964).

Holbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #219
FSKRipper

Reputation power: 8
FSKRipper is a jewel in the roughFSKRipper is a jewel in the roughFSKRipper is a jewel in the roughFSKRipper is a jewel in the roughFSKRipper is a jewel in the roughFSKRipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbeach View Post
Before,

Attitude - pitch /roll, 0/0, no SAS, no gyro, no trim, stick centered, rudder centered, flight straight and level, hands off, speed = 69 kts.

alter pitch.

" , -1 deg. speed = 82 kts.
" , -2 = 94kts.
" , -3 = 98 kts.
" , -4 = 106 kts.
" , -5 = 114 kts.

Direction, pitch/bank, will remain constant, even if you pull collective repeatedly, top to bottom. Rudder not used at any time. All conditions remaining the same.

After.
Similar, except that collective down will produce a roll to the right and up a roll to the left, but used gently, no roll is produced and direction pitch/bank remain the same.
Collective dropped quickly top to bottom at high speed and a complete 360 roll is produced, engine cut out, recover upright and do an auto-rotation with no damage.
Sorry but in which world this is a similar outcome? You give no numbers for the after part and the except list has at least 3 points different from before...

I won't start commenting the other stuff since FM is WIP and I have no idea what you wan't to show with some of these tests.

Last edited by FSKRipper; 10-24-2017 at 11:58 AM.
FSKRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #220
The LT

Reputation power: 5
The LT will become famous soon enoughThe LT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to The LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSKRipper View Post
I have no idea what you wan't to show with some of these tests.
He just wants to point out that the FM is just a bunch of scripts.

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog
Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)
Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS
BRD KG13

Standby controls:
BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)
BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)
Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat
The LT is offline   Reply With Quote