Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Awesome!! The Hotfixed worked!! Thanks man!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Has anybody uploaded their kneeboards to share with other users?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, I tried to execute your new .exe version (1.6.9.9 Hotfix).

For DCS World 1.5.7. It Works fine, but when I tried to copy the "kneeboardbuilder" folder to execute the app with DCS World OpenAlpha, and I saved the preferences with DCS World OpenAlpha path, and later I did clic on "save" button, Kneeboardbuilder crashed suddently.

I tried to Run kneeboardbuilder again, but now It doesn't work. I tried to delete "KneeboardBuilder.exe.config" file, and later restore a copy of It. Then Kneeboardbuilder could to run fine. But when I try to change the "Standar" to "OpenAlpha", and clic on "Save" button, I have same problem again: It crash, and later It can't run...

I tried with the "KneeboardBuilder 1.6.9.8" .exe version for OpenAlpha, and It Worked fine, no crashes.

Greetings.

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, I tried to execute your new .exe version (1.6.9.9 Hotfix).

For DCS World 1.5.7. It Works fine, but when I tried to copy the "kneeboardbuilder" folder to execute the app with DCS World OpenAlpha, and I saved the preferences with DCS World OpenAlpha path, and later I did clic on "save" button, Kneeboardbuilder crashed suddently.

I tried to Run kneeboardbuilder again, but now It doesn't work. I tried to delete "KneeboardBuilder.exe.config" file, and later restore a copy of It. Then Kneeboardbuilder could to run fine. But when I try to change the "Standar" to "OpenAlpha", and clic on "Save" button, I have same problem again: It crash, and later It can't run...

I tried with the "KneeboardBuilder 1.6.9.8" .exe version for OpenAlpha, and It Worked fine, no crashes.

Greetings.

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, You have an email. :thumbup:

Edited by InteR

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

You could delete it and remake it?

Or you could look in this folder and edit the .prof file in notepad.

...\KneeboardBuilder\Config\aircraftname

Maybe you will see the ImagePath or ProfilePath looks wrong and you can edit and save it.

EDIT:

This started happening to me today after I posted. I moved all of the profiles to another folder for backup. So, I had no profiles. Then I made a new profile and saved it. And this error continued.

I also removed the KneeboardBuilder.config file and restarted it. But I continued to get this error.

When I first installed this last week, the drag and drop feature worked. But it stopped working at some point. Maybe with the Hotfix? I don't know..

UPDATE:

Reinstalling 1.6.9.8, and adding the 1.6.9.9 Hotfix appears to have fixed the profile problem. But not the drag and drop of PDF or HTML files.

Edited by Snacko

Stupid question: If I create a custom kneeboard for the F-15C and A-10C, will it load in MP servers? Or will the server only load the standard kneeboards?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

It should be accessible in multiplayer

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

That is NOT a stupid question by the way,,,,,,,, So many good intention MODS have failed IC,,, never hurts to ask!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

.exe won't open for me, even with the hotfix. Any suggestions?

edit: figured it out, nevermind!

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Run as admin?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I have this issue during a MiG-21bis flight. The other modules are drawing ok. I tried these options below, but it still showing big font size.

OTvUQs1gS3SFu3q15eA7Vw.jpg

s5BnAacoRqKGLKBmlKSeJQ.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

Hey Buckeye.. Are you in Columbus, Ohio? I'm a little north of Westerville.

Hey Buckeye.. Are you in Columbus, Ohio? I'm a little north of Westerville.

Indeed I am, I live in the city - German Village, to be more specific!

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 2 weeks later...

I made a copy of the program folder to use with my Alpha 2.0, and it worked for a few weeks. But for the past 2 weeks it just crashes on loading.

If I delete the Config file it loads again fine. But once I select OpenAlpha and save the settings it crashes. I have tried everything, but it just doesn't work anymore. I don't know why it worked for a while then decided to stop working..

Is anybody else using this for DCS 2.0?

I made a copy of the program folder to use with my Alpha 2.0, and it worked for a few weeks. But for the past 2 weeks it just crashes on loading.

If I delete the Config file it loads again fine. But once I select OpenAlpha and save the settings it crashes. I have tried everything, but it just doesn't work anymore. I don't know why it worked for a while then decided to stop working..

Is anybody else using this for DCS 2.0?

I have the same issue on both 1.5 and 2.0

Sent logs this morning.

Hope they lead to a solution.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Yes, I sent logs also.

Version 1.7.0.0 Released

Version 1.7.0.0 is now available.

-Fixed crash when MiG-21 or AJS37 aircraft are not installed.

-Removed ability to customize MiG-21 and AJS37 kneeboards temporarily.

Hopefully this will fix the crashes many of you are experiencing. If it doesn't please let me know.

Yea, this fixed it crashing on the Alpha for me. Thx AG!