unable to connect to service, or an HMD isn't connected - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
fitness88

Reputation power: 16
fitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the rough
Default unable to connect to service, or an HMD isn't connected

Re: Oculus Debug Tool installation issue.
Has anyone received this error when trying to install the latest Oculus Debug Tool version 1.3.2:

'unable to connect to service, or an HMD isn't connected'

Thank you.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
simo1000rr

Reputation power: 4
simo1000rr will become famous soon enoughsimo1000rr will become famous soon enoughsimo1000rr will become famous soon enough

You have the wrong Debug tool version . the SDK from Oculus website should be 1.13.0 there is no 1.3.2 also if you are refering to the .exe file version it also reads 1.13.xxx.

did you get the debug tool from this website

https://developer.oculus.com/downloa...k-for-windows/

this should be the one you get if you are running the latest oculus home 1.13.0
simo1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Aries144

Reputation power: 3
Aries144 is on a distinguished road

I'll see if I can get details from Drexx on how he rolled back his Oculus from the beta driver to the current stable.
Aries144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
fitness88

Reputation power: 16
fitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the roughfitness88 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
I'll see if I can get details from Drexx on how he rolled back his Oculus from the beta driver to the current stable.

Thanks Aries144, I found the correct version 1.13.0.34162 and it now works.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #5
USMC_Trev

Reputation power: 18
USMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of light

I downloaded the most recent 1.16.0 SDK and the debug tool wasn't in the Tools folder, just something called OculusTRCValidator. The version debug from 1.3.2 won't connect to service. What should I do now?

Just trying to do the following: "Step 3 – Launch the Oculus debug tool: find the ‘Pixels Per Display Pixel Overide’ feature and change 0 to 2. You can experiment with other inputs to suit your exact GPU. Press ‘Enter’."

i7, GTX 1070, Oculus Rit CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #6
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Trev View Post
I downloaded the most recent 1.16.0 SDK and the debug tool wasn't in the Tools folder, just something called OculusTRCValidator. The version debug from 1.3.2 won't connect to service. What should I do now?

Just trying to do the following: "Step 3 – Launch the Oculus debug tool: find the ‘Pixels Per Display Pixel Overide’ feature and change 0 to 2. You can experiment with other inputs to suit your exact GPU. Press ‘Enter’."
The Debug Tool is no longer a separate download but included in the Oculus software package.

It is in the Oculus/Support/Oculus-Diagnostics folder.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:58 AM   #7
USMC_Trev

Reputation power: 18
USMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of lightUSMC_Trev is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks!

i7, GTX 1070, Oculus Rit CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote