Multi monitors, One display rotated - Please help

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a 4th monitor to act as a HUD (the 1st 3 displays are projectors set up in eyefinity).

My desktop is arranged so that the 4th monitor will be rotated vertically as shown in the attached

2nicrwi.jpg

Here's the Display properties screen from Windows 7

309k37m.jpg

I've also included a copy of my display related lua files to show you what I've tried so far...

My problem is that when I start up the sim, everything gets stretched vertically to match the overall depth of the monitor setup (i.e. 1920 deep to match the primary/left-hand monitor) which causes the eyefinity screens to be stretched also. I'm thinking it might be an issue with eyefinity, but if I limit the options file screen height = 1080 with an aspect ratio = 6.333333 the display works perfectly (instead of height = 1920 with an aspect ratio = 3.1666667).

The only problem is that with the output resolution only 1080 high, I can't use the space on the left monitor below the HUD for gauge exports (which I would really like to do).

If someone with experience in this stuff could please look over my lua's I would be really thankful!

Also, if there is a better way to do this... I'm all ears :)

p.s. does anyone know of a parameter to change the viewport rotation angle? I might be able to use that as a potential workaround. Just thinking...

3P1H.thumb.jpg.5816e4727538e1d7a06783bc8abdcd7f.jpg

4Screen.lua

MissionEditor.lua

options.lua

Jup.. I'd put it logically(Windows settings) to the right side as well.

Makes it easier for calculating the viewports.

You are free to place this monitor physically where you want It may only be odd to see the mouse pointer apperearing in unexpected postition.

@JG14_Smil

No problem to change the HUD monitor over to the right of the nVidia surround group (sorry, wasn't eyefinity).

I'd prefer to keep the monitor rotated in portrait (and not landscape like the others) because I use the HUD screen to view my desktop when I'm back in windows.

Also, the viewDx/Dy settings only seem to shift the view left/right & up/down to my knowledge. If there are other sub-parameters or the like that let me change rotation (clockwise, etc.) pretty please let me know :)

I'd probably better confirm that the "HUD" output is actually just a viewport of the HUD area of the cockpit view. I have set it up like this because the projected image isn't as high a resolution as what is possible on a monitor. Here's what it looks like...

33lfq0g.jpg

(p.s. the monitors below the HUD screen are touchscreens not part of the pc display group in question)

I'll try shifting the HUD to the right and post my results.

Cheers

I swapped the primary (vertical/portrait) monitor over to the left hand side of the nVidia surround group, changing the lua files as required. ...but still no good (same problem)

it seems that the options.lua overrides the vertical height to match the biggest y value (i.e. the vertical monitor being 1920 pixels tall)

...hence the stretching

I've contacted ED support to see if they have any more parameters to configure the viewports lua file, but if anybody else has any suggestions I would be really thankful.

Thanks,

D

Success!

After contacting the developers directly, there is an extra command in the viewport lua structure that I haven't seen anywhere in the forums.

viewRoll = [in absolute degrees]

This solves my problem directly because now I can have all of my displays set up in landscape orientation, and rotate the HUD/front viewport 90 degrees to suit.

okvdc3.jpg

Alternatively, the projection warping software company (fly-elise) also said that I could arrange the surround group into all portrait mode which would let me then keep windows on the HUD screen.

Hopefully someone else finds this useful.

• Like 1