AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great to hear you guys will have a Active Duty pilot on the team for "quality assurance" :thumbup:

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering how far along development is on the Harrier when compared to the Mirage when it was released in early access. I have a feeling that system implementation on the Harrier is further along when compared to the Mirage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Koriel

I am wondering how far along development is on the Harrier when compared to the Mirage when it was released in early access. I have a feeling that system implementation on the Harrier is further along when compared to the Mirage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It must be at least complete enough to get early access in 2-1 months. The plan is to get early access out in Q3, IIRC of course.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

One of my favorite Harrier videos...I would also support the development of said livery as well.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

One of my favorite Harrier videos...I would also support the development of said livery as well.

haha man after that video it recommended me the one that a guy earned the 7.000.000 pepsi points and then demanded his harrier LMAO

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Hi Razbam,

I am loving your updates and as an ex Harrier Force member, I am seriously looking forward to this aircraft release.

I was disappointed that you were unable to release a GR9 variant but I hope you will provide us with an excellent 1Sqn skin as I am considering the potential of creating a RAF campaign once she is released. Thanks again.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got to ask why was this done? Why the promotion of the Harrier, (Or any military jet, or heck any airplane even) in a Pepsi commercial? Or is this one of those the 70's/80's were a strange time...

I'm still so happy to have such a unique aircraft coming to DCS

I got to ask why was this done? Why the promotion of the Harrier, (Or any military jet, or heck any airplane even) in a Pepsi commercial? Or is this one of those the 70's/80's were a strange time...

It was actually done in humor and Pepsi never thought someone would be able to acquire 7 million Pepsi points during the promotional period... until someone did...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1996-man-sues-pepsi-for-not-giving-him-a-harrier-jet/

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Love this last part.

The court also added this gem of a reason in its dismissal of the case: "The callow youth featured in the commercial is a highly improbable pilot, one who could barely be trusted with the keys to his parents' car, much less the prize aircraft of the United States Marine Corps."

So many DCS pilots would easily be in that cat ...lol.

• Like 1

Love this last part.

The court also added this gem of a reason in its dismissal of the case: "The callow youth featured in the commercial is a highly improbable pilot, one who could barely be trusted with the keys to his parents' car, much less the prize aircraft of the United States Marine Corps."

So many DCS pilots would easily be in that cat ...lol.

That is funny, during WW II they had no problems sending "callow youth" into combat and trust them with their prize war machinery...

Being trusted with a commercial Airliner seem to not require old age as well.

(https://www.pilotcareernews.com/whats-the-minimum-age-for-a-commercial-airline-pilot/).

In general you can start flying training and your first solo/get a license as a teenager.

(...)"Pilots can begin training at any age and can solo balloons and gliders from age 14, and powered aircraft from age 16."(...)

And that isn't just on paper, a friend of mine from back in school, started flying gliders at the age of 13 and made his license at 16/17 (not 100% sure).

Now the military usually has an age limit for their pilot training program, an UPPER limit, usually.

So I would say the judges decision was a sorry excuse to cover Pepsi's ass, in this case. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Does the harrier use a hotas system like the A-10c? Every important funktion on the throttle and stick.

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

There is a separate thread about it with the answer on the first page of the Harrier subforum:

thanks!

It's a bit too quiet around here. I hope that means the team is in crunch mode.

For a little while, I felt like we were getting a new flight video every couple days on Youtube. I haven't seen one posted in some time. I, too, am hoping this means they are in the final push, getting things finalized. I've loved the Harrier ever since I was a little kid.

I can't wait to fly it in Nevada, and try to recreate the scene from True Lies on one of the tall buildings.

true_lies_g_09_1.jpg?resize=1100x740

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think we are close to early access...

On Facebook they post a picture with follow statement:

Its coming! all i can say for now...

Sounds a little bit like a hind.

I think RAZBAM is in contact with ED to bring us this beauty next time.

Hope i am right :joystick::(

I think we are close to early access...

On Facebook they post a picture with follow statement:

Its coming! all i can say for now...

wasn't that already two weeks ago?

For a little while, I felt like we were getting a new flight video every couple days on Youtube. I haven't seen one posted in some time. I, too, am hoping this means they are in the final push, getting things finalized. I've loved the Harrier ever since I was a little kid.

Yes, perhaps the calm before the storm?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, perhaps the calm before the storm?

Most likely. The release has been stated as during Q3, and confirmed multiple times over the laast two or three weeks that they are on schedule.

I certainly take it that Razbam is hard at work to make sure their estimate is met... And as Razbam doesn't seem to have a separate person devoted to communication and PR, I'd say that every second chatting with us is away from the final stages of developement.

I think it is time we leave Razbam to do their work. If the timeframe holds true we will see results within 2 months.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

ED posted a picture of the harrier a few weeks ago. They already have their hands on IT.

ED posted a picture of the harrier a few weeks ago. They already have their hands on IT.

Not to be a wet blanket, but RAZBAM handed off a beta version for E3, so that image may have just been that, and not ED QA Testing.