DCS.exe in Nvidia Cpanel - How?

Ok, i have two DCS versions - DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.1 installed.

In my NV Cpanel i have DCS in Program Settings tab. Can we have detected in NV Cpanel DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.1 and have two different settings for example? Because both .exe are detected as Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark (dcs.exe) but looks like NV ignore or can`t see two different DCS.exe.

Regarding to this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3150975#post3150975 :

6. If using Deferred Shading, you may wish to set your MSAA and Anisotropic values to zero, and instead enable these only through your graphics cards settings manager.

1. If i follow this, Antialiasing not work although setting is Override App Setting. - maybe because DCS OpenAlpha is not detected

2. If i keep this NV setting and check DCS 1.5 with AA ingame settings, antialiasing work although in NV cpanel setting is Override App Setting

So, i`m a bit confused where, how, why...

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• ED Team
1. If i follow this, Antialiasing not work although setting is Override App Setting. - maybe because DCS OpenAlpha is not detected

2. If i keep this NV setting and check DCS 1.5 with AA ingame settings, antialiasing work although in NV cpanel setting is Override App Setting

1. NVIDIA Control panel only detects DCS.exe and does not allow multiple profiles, which is very limiting.

All versions of DCS use DCS.exe so NVIDIA can not detect a difference even if it is in another location, which is frustrating.

2. if you are setting it in the NVIDIA control panel I would turn it off in 1.5 also.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1. NVIDIA Control panel only detects DCS.exe and does not allow multiple profiles, which is very limiting.

All versions of DCS use DCS.exe so NVIDIA can not detect a difference even if it is in another location, which is frustrating.

2. if you are setting it in the NVIDIA control panel I would turn it off in 1.5 also.

So that mean regarding to this:

6. If using Deferred Shading, you may wish to set your MSAA and Anisotropic values to zero, and instead enable these only through your graphics cards settings manager.

...Turn OFF ingame settings for both versions?

I will check if that will work.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• ED Team

give it a go.

1.5 does not use deffered shading so you need to decide if you change your NVIDIA settings for 1.5

The suggestion is obviously a work around for 2.1 while ED look into the issue.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I also tried forcing AA and Anisotropic filtering in NVIDIA control panel but it doesn't work.

Both AA and AF are OFF in DCS settings.

I didn't try with NvidiaInspector but it might be possible to force the settings that way.

Back to AA/AF in-game settings for now.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Same here, both DCS 1.5 and 2.1 completely ignore Nvidia Control Panel settings for AA.

I have also tried modifying the global settings instead of the DCS profile ones and hitting ALT+ENTER as people says that DCS does not really run in fullscreen (bug lying around like forever). Nothing works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More tests: updated to latest drivers 382.33, no changes.

As said in other messages above, activating FXAA on the Nvidia control panel does work (with its horrendous blurryness). So I will just leave the in game AA, that actually works pretty fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well......I Maybe have a solution:

DL the very not so latest (there it is- ?) vers of Nvidia Inspector (1.9.7.8)

At a very basic level, you can at least delete the stock DCS/BS profile for NVCPL.

And recreate one, either via nvcpl, or via nvinspector via "new soft"...

But, by looking things around and there, you "Could" get a solution.https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/548123/?comment=4534646

So do I: my 2xGTX 970 SLI IS WORKING NOW, doing this, + tweaking "starts bits" ( don't ask !) to tell NV that DCS is "a kind of" DX11 sim.

And my boost is about 75%, with DSR 2880x1620 i have a CONSTANT 60FPS with Vsync, with everything maxed Out, except MSAA = 0.

The point is in the mean time ED update DCS to 2.1 and 1.5.6.5199, so i have (a very little)about these change (nothing new in the up log.

BTW, i have as many profile (3) than DCS's install, "Reg" 1.5, Beta and alpa 2.1 NTTR . But i suspect that all of them point to the same, and "the DCS's" call sub app for graph/FMdl/AI etc.....?

Give it a try as it cures my blurries roof on sa342 (whe could see through), and all my plane were GLASSy, even the tires were....varnished ?

Edited by pieroboy99
updated link

SLI Corruption With Deferred Shaders On

Well......I Maybe have a solution:

DL the very not so latest (there it is- ?) vers of Nvidia Inspector (1.9.7.8)

At a very basic level, you can at least delete the stock DCS/BS profile for NVCPL.

And recreate one, either via nvcpl, or via nvinspector via "new soft"...

But, by looking things around and there, you "Could" get a solution.https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/548123/?comment=4534646

So do I: my 2xGTX 970 SLI IS WORKING NOW, doing this, + tweaking "starts bits" ( don't ask !) to tell NV that DCS is "a kind of" DX11 sim.

And my boost is about 75%, with DSR 2880x1620 i have a CONSTANT 60FPS with Vsync, with everything maxed Out, except MSAA = 0.

The point is in the mean time ED update DCS to 2.1 and 1.5.6.5199, so i have (a very little)about these change (nothing new in the up log.

BTW, i have as many profile (3) than DCS's install, "Reg" 1.5, Beta and alpa 2.1 NTTR . But i suspect that all of them point to the same, and "the DCS's" call sub app for graph/FMdl/AI etc.....?

Give it a try as it cures my blurries roof on sa342 (whe could see through), and all my plane were GLASSy, even the tires were....varnished ?

pieroboy99,

When running 2.1.0 Deferred Shaders On, with SLI Forced, are you using AFR2?

When running 2.1.0 Deferred Shaders On, with SLI Forced, did you enable the SLI Indicator?

When running 2.1.0 Deferred Shaders On, with SLI Forced, do you get corruption when using the A-10C TGP and/or Maverick MFD, Ka-50 Shkval?

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...

Some Possibly Helpful Information

I only have DCS 2.1.1 installed and did have DCS Blackshark1 (old DVD install based game) & DCS1.5.6 sometime ago-long uninstalled.

In past and not currently with NV Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings; if I select Add so as to point to folder path S:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin to aquire the dcs.exe file I want to set for DCS2.1.1 a notification balloon would appear for several seconds where the path will be displayed. Please look at attached pics and specifically: correct path, mismatched entry.jpg to see what I mean. The path is correct but the customizable new entry says: Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark (dcs.exe)

not: DCS World 2 OpenAlpha (dcs.exe) which would be correct. This is a Nvidia design weakness that will not be solved by doing a clean install of Nvidia graphic driver even if program such as Display Driver Uninstaller-DDU is used to clean out remnants/leftovers of previous graphic drivers. I have done this several times and is no fix that way. It is as I said a DESIGN WEAKNESS on Nvidia's part. However the path is correct so settings can be customized. To make sure you have the 'right' dcs.exe look at the folder path that pops up momentarily with notification balloon I mentioned earlier. Alternatively browse via folder tree to DCS.exe file within installation version of DCS you have installed and select it so is added. If path is correct yet is a mismatched entry such as: Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark (dcs.exe) is still customizable.

DCS does seem to be a game where in game Option>System settings are mostly designed to be game driven not so much Nvidia Control Panel driven. Ever wondered why Nvidia never seem to make a driver specifically designed for DCS World! I have never seen such a driver. I have played many other types of games and many seem to be the opposite; where Nvidia Control Panel customizable settings can make significant difference. For this reason when I install Nvidia driver I do a customized install selecting the driver and PhysX System Software only (essential for game) and just do not bother fiddling around with Nvidia Control Panel customizations as they do not make much difference with this game. Die hard purists who want Nvidia customizations may not agree with me; but I have found based on my own experience it really is not worth all the bother/experimentation with settings for almost no difference or a doubtful difference.

Gary

1185909503_correctfilepathwrongentry.thumb.jpg.eca7065d60731d84c7717f15d8383bd3.jpg

879762760_correctpathmismatchedentry.thumb.JPG.ed8e09a0a46e8a728c010b8072c560b9.JPG

Edited by gary palmer
correct, add information

Try posting about this in the Nvidia Drivers section over at Guru3d.com

If anyone on the Internet can fix it, or request Nvidia add a fix for it into the drivers,

posting there instead of the official forums will get it done.

Note: I am in no way shape or form affiliated with them, I don't even have

a forum account there. The Nvidia Devs hang out there as they usually

get the first leaked builds and are looking for feedback.

6D80k38.jpg

Try posting about this in the Nvidia Drivers section over at Guru3d.com

If anyone on the Internet can fix it, or request Nvidia add a fix for it into the drivers,

posting there instead of the official forums will get it done.

Note: I am in no way shape or form affiliated with them, I don't even have

a forum account there. The Nvidia Devs hang out there as they usually

get the first leaked builds and are looking for feedback.

+1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Don't have high hopes on this, we are less than a handful DCS fanatics in Nvidia's eyes.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

You could use Nvidia Profile Manager to export settings, change label and import settings. Then you see the name you want displayed in nvcpl.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2625

Sounds good however looking at reviews regards this utility NPM this thing is not perfect...has bugs and problems...thanks for info but tool is just tinkering around the edges of a problem that needs to be addressed from within Nvidia and their driver software at a core level.

Now I think about it; software that is really robust, thoroughly tested before release and released later rather than earlier to achieve same; seems to be somewhat rare. Programs like WinRAR, RoboForm, Tunebite, MPC-HC, VLC media player are just some examples of software I use which work well with little or no issues. If a car was built in a sloppy manner it would be regarded as a lemon and the manufacturer would pay with loss of sales providing the maker has some competition. Some software makers have little competition so we have to put up with buggy programs that can be a real pain for the end user.

In the world of Software you can get away with pretty much anything imho.

A blames it on B, B says it's likely A's fault but could also be C having an issue and it could also be "your" machine as well but for sure not OUR fault. It's always someone elses fault.

Unless you have a service contract you will likely be wandering in the dark, trying to get a hold of someone who says "Yes, that's our mistake, we are about to fix, be assured".

With a car or any tangible product, you can actually manifest the root cause yourself. With all those dependencies in the software universe it is hard to do so.

Linux and other open source software do actually care far better about their software, fix it faster than closed software in general and usually dont blame someone else just to hang up the phone or answer your email with a standard BlaBla text.

That's why I always suggest to have long term service contracts for software you really need to have functioning, or hardware that needs to run 24/7/365 * 7 years.

Yep integration is always a problem when PC+software is a multi manufacturers product.

Nothing can match a product completely built in-house where integration is just there.

I find some simple rules work well to improve on problems we are discussing.

1. update later not earlier...more likely initial release problems may be ironed out

2. do your homework and research on software product well before using it.

3. install as little software as possible on your PC to achieve the result desired

4. do not be afraid to give problematic software product the sack and stop trying to work with it

5. if there is not a problem just simply do not update and only do so if update actually addresses an issue specifically.

6. forget the 'latest is the best' mantra. update can sometimes be about marketing and not just an update; or be in the case of unified software for a problem/OS I do not even have

7. use matured software as much as possible..if it is new it will be more alpha than ever

8. get rid of all bloatware as much as possible.

9. re-install your OS at regular intervals so as to get a cleaner state OS.

10. if problems occur do not rush at the problem when you do not really understand it...time allows one to reflect for a solution

11. Study your OS and software on it so you know your stuff.

I hope these ideas can help others.... Gary