Drops Today!

Zimmerdylan

Just wondering. This, the 14.6Gb in my case, is probably only 2.0-2.1 update, including NTTR and modules. After that, once in game, I guess it'll ask if I want to download Normandy, and its another, 10Gb? on top?

Good point, logic says yes, but lets see. A good job its Friday :music_whistling:

Just read the press release and updating it seems installs the map.

"To install the new map, please update your DCS World 2 Open Alpha, or download from DCS site."

Edited by Rotorhead11

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To install the new map, please update your DCS World 2 Open Alpha, or download from DCS site."

That's not what it is saying, it means that before you can download the map, you will need to update to 2.1. Modules are always a separate entity, so there will be an additional download once the update completes. You will have to access that via the module manager within the game.

Cant update, cant log in.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

im confused... so how do i actually install normandy map? I have dcs 2.0 and pre purchased normandy. Apparently you can update 2.0 (but thats not working) or am i right in thinking you can download a fresh version of 2.0 using the installer via the website and once done normandy should be there?

EDIT Tis working now... i just used the updater icon in start menu, eagle dynamics... took a few goes, but finally it has bitten!.. only getting 1mg per second.. 5 mins in 22 peers... so yes its slow!

Edited by Jackdaws

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

looks like something funny.. it tells me that 2.0.5.3889.199 is up to date, but no terrain or purchased module for normandy available. :doh:

will keep trying, but dcs keeps telling me no internet connection or nothing new...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

but if nothing else, it does show how big the community is, which has to be taken as a positive :)

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

I'm assuming thats how it works Jack. Assets pack is supposed to work in 1.5, but it is not yet available that I can see. Maybe the update and later today the servers will have Normandy and the Assets pack. Comments seem to point at a time around 10am Pacific time, maybe in an hour. Patience is a virtue today I guess.:thumbup:

lol, repeated trying has paid off. for those still waiting, keep calm and carry on... :D

Got 2.1 but dont see in module menu any normandy to download :(

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks for that mrsteel, That also led me to JGSME, still waiting for the update to finish, but I think these tools with help immensely expand the experience. I don't get to play often enough to mess around with mods, but this makes it pretty simple. Thanks.

I couldn't get it running, got some error messages about msvcp140.dll missing.

Googled and found out I had to install a Microsoft redistributable.

Installed that and tried again - the DCS process fired up but then died down again.

Ran the DXSETUP.exe and it installed some files - tried again...no luck :(

WILL EXPLORE FURTHER!

----------------------------UPDATE-----------------------

Went for running DCS_updater.exe as admin - didn't make any difference.

Tried running it with Microsoft compatible settings - got told that DCS_updater.exe

was incompatible.

NOTE: You might wanna DISREGARD this, I don't take MS troubleshooting too seriously.

---------------------END OF UPDATE---------------------

Edited by SFC Tako

AH MAN...JEEEEESUS...I MEAN...MAAAAAN

I checked the logfile in my saved games folder, it said something about not being able to load the Bell47 (a MOD!!!). So I removed the Bell47 from the mods/aircraft folder.

And I got in!

Will keep updating, this gonna be a looong night :)

---------------------UPDATE-------------------------------------

No Normandy map available under DLC. But maybe later ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------UPDATE 2---------------------------

Sent to me from rge75

There are threads about it ;-)

Either refresh the list or use the cmd line

dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain in the DCS bin folder (run as administrator)

IT WORKS!!! IT'S INSTALLING RIGHT NOW!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by SFC Tako

AH MAN...JEEEEESUS...I MEAN...MAAAAAN

I checked the logfile in my saved games folder, it said something about not being able to load the Bell47 (a MOD!!!). So I removed the Bell47 from the mods/aircraft folder.

And I got in!

Will keep updating, this gonna be a looong night :)

---------------------UPDATE-------------------------------------

No Normandy map available under DLC. But maybe later ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------UPDATE 2---------------------------

Sent to me from rge75

There are threads about it ;-)

Either refresh the list or use the cmd line

dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain in the DCS bin folder (run as administrator)

IT WORKS!!! IT'S INSTALLING RIGHT NOW!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Use following command line to download both packages.

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• ED Team
Good one, mr Jumbik-man!

Now as it is, this here Normandy map is rollin' in. I'd wager I can split the command to install the second package afterwards. Like this?

DCS_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

yes you can, but doing both at the same time will seed longer ;)

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.