[REPORTED]Altimeter Lag

MBot

Altimeter lags excessively.

Compare these two screenshots:

attachment.php?attachmentid=145151&stc=1&d=1469571018

attachment.php?attachmentid=145150&stc=1&d=1469570344

Note the discrepancy of altitute in external view status bar and cockpit altimeter of 300 ft.

According to Altimeter Lag Chart, lag should only be 50 ft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145154&stc=1&d=1469570344

Perhaps an obvious question, but one that needs to be asked: do the F2 and cockpit altimeter readings match exactly when you're straight and level?

Not exactly, they are about 100 ft off if I remember correctly. I am not exactly sure why that is (altimeter is set to QNH), perhaps some sort of installation error. Anyhow it is a different question alltogheter. Adjusted by this deviation the lag even gets 100 ft worse, so it is defenitely a problem.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
So, 4 years later (!) and something as simple as an altimeter is still not working correctly in this "released" module.

It's sad to witness, with the F-5 being the blue representative of a very cool mil-aviation era. There are so many issues with the F-5 now, and while BN stated in another thread they are still working on the F-5, it's fair to question whether there will be any improvement with other, bigger projects going on at the same time and new, big projects coming up.

I'll put my hopes on the upcoming F-4, but that's going to be a painfully long time until we can fly it.