Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Rainer, I don't want to hassle you, but how is the progression through the "day one" pre-orders? Are all shipped orders currently updated? I've got a vacation coming up and would hate for the Gunfighter to be schedule to arrive after I leave.

VKB HQ started shipping Gunfighters on the 25th, and they have about 30% of the orders fulfilled so far; next week, VKB will bulk ship the remaining 70% of orders - so you will get your tracking number some time next week.

Keep in mind that due to the delays in Gunfighter shipping, VKB had to work through a large number of backlogged orders at once, and they're doing their best to get them out to everyone as quickly as they can.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific! You're too fast! I just saw your email of 5 minutes ago with that update and was about to delete my last post. Thanks as always.

You're welcome! I am in the same boat - I cannot wait for my Gunfighter to get here, either! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just seeking clarification - does the #50 springs come factory installed on the Gunfighter Pro?

The manual doesn't state factory installed:

"The Gunfighter Pro comes with an additional spring to support the extension:

• #50 - extra strong"

Just wondering if I have to fit the #50's when it arrives

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just seeking clarification - does the #50 springs come factory installed on the Gunfighter Pro?

The manual doesn't state factory installed:

"The Gunfighter Pro comes with an additional spring to support the extension:

• #50 - extra strong"

Just wondering if I have to fit the #50's when it arrives

I am not sure if it is factory installed, since the extension kit is just an add-on to the default Gunfighter. It might come with the a #20 pre-installed - like any other Gunfighter. Of course that's too soft for extension use, imho, so you might have to install the #50 when you get everything.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am not sure if it is factory installed, since the extension kit is just an add-on to the default Gunfighter. It might come with the a #20 pre-installed - like any other Gunfighter. Of course that's too soft for extension use, imho, so you might have to install the #50 when you get everything.

No problem at all, that makes sense. We'll be opening the housing to loosen the dampers anyway, so a spring change shouldn't be complicated :)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UN CORDIAL SALUDO.

First of all I want to congratulate VKB for their wonderful work, it shows the high quality and design of their products.

:thumbup: I contacted rrohde some time ago to ask several questions and he kindly replied.

:( Unfortunately with the latest developments in my country Venezuela and for the moment I have to wait to make my orders.

I love the Gunfighter, also the VKB-Sim MCG-TM and the VKB-Sim T-Rudders Mk.IV.

In customs in Venezuela at the moment it is risky to bring something from abroad, first by the time it may take to be processed and the risk of theft.

I congratulate the people who already enjoy the Gunfighter, I saw the video that I kindly put Sokol1_br and it is really wonderful how that component works.

:thumbup: Please put more videos and tutorials to familiarize yourself with these products.

Without more to say, again congratulations to VKB and the lucky ones who are enjoying these components and God willing in the not too distant future I can enjoy them too ...

Regards

P.D.

Sorry my bad english...

Edited by gizomat
  • Like 1

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

I thought the dry clutch was brass of some kind of metal.

Any reason why the change?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

Yeah I hope its based on that.

My only worry is longevity and stretching.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

The original appeared to be Oilite bronze, bronze impregnated with oil. I hope the new material was chosen because it's better, otherwise I'll be a little annoyed that I bought one thing that was advertised and received something else.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

The original appeared to be Oilite bronze, bronze impregnated with oil. I hope the new material was chosen because it's better, otherwise I'll be a little annoyed that I bought one thing that was advertised and received something else.

According to VKB HQ - no sticktion and no requirements for lubrication are the benefits here.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I thought the dry clutch was brass of some kind of metal.

Any reason why the change?

Last minute improvement during the development phase.

Pointers from VKB HQ:

- No need lubrication (lubricate + friction= mud)

- Nylon is strong too

- We've tested many materials and chose the best

- Nylon is not a cheap material

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Man it's tough to see these posts appearing! Looks great. Always nice to see good packaging.

Today, VKB HQ is getting all pending Gunfighter orders ready for shipping tomorrow (keep in mind the timezone there is UTC +8 ). Stay tuned. :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thought I'd share this with you - Gunfighter Pro w/ TM Warthog grip and dry clutch damper in action - I hope you DCS helicopter pilots might like this.

Note: With a stronger spring, eg. VKB #50, the stick will return automatically to center without oscillation. So that might be a valid setup for fixed wing pilots. :)

WZqgE3N.png

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Rainer, the cable that connects the Gunfighter base to the Black Box. What sort of cable is it? I might see about getting a long one from an electrical store if it's not too unusual :) thanks for the photos and video !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rainer, the cable that connects the Gunfighter base to the Black Box. What sort of cable is it? I might see about getting a long one from an electrical store if it's not too unusual :) thanks for the photos and video !

So Ilya from VKB HQ told me that you should be able to get such cable from an electric store, so long as it has 3 wires + shielding inside; the connector type is GX12-4.

You could also just run a longer USB cable from the BlackBox to your PC... :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The second option is my first approach, certainly :) I have a central arm for the gunfighter that can be pivoted out the way for desk use, so if it proves to difficult, I'll try the cable and GX12-4. Thanks, and are you enjoying the Gunfighter?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, and are you enjoying the Gunfighter?

Of course. Big overall improvement over my Mamba. :) Still need to find the sweet spot for the dry clutch and spring combination for the best overall feel across the board for DCS planes and helos. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's excellent, great to hear. I'm coming from a ten year old X52, so I'm very eager to use it in action.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's excellent, great to hear. I'm coming from a ten year old X52, so I'm very eager to use it in action.

I was using a X-52 before getting the Mamba and i can assure you that it will change your life. :)