Book: The Modern Hog Guide, 2nd ed.

cichlidfan

Reposting Deadman's post here since not everyone reads the Home Cockpit section.

This is the quintessential book about the Hog and it is finally being republished.

Guys heads up!! Just found this on Reid's air publishing FB page. I would highly suggest you all make a quick decision to get a copy!!!

With a firm arrival date of 8 May, I will now accepting preorders for The Modern Hog Guide, 2nd Edition. However, this date may fluctuate a few days either earlier or later than the 8 May target date.

Thanks everyone!!

https://www.reidairpublishing.com/product-p/rap016.htm

From the publisher's website:

Back by popular demand, the Modern Hog Guide is now available!! Like The Modern Eagle Guide's 2nd Edition, the 2nd Edition of the Hog Guide offers more/better coverage of all A-10s, but especially the older, pre-LASTE jets. It also covers the recent upgrades to the jet since the original edition was published 10(!) years ago, such as the SATCOM, Scorpion HMIT, and AAR-47 system.

The 2nd Edition has 172 pages (compared to only 120 pages for the original release), and 1,013 full color images. Nearly all of those images are new for this edition, with only a handful of repeats that are found in the original. No other source anywhere offers as many photos or as much information as a single Modern Guide.

EDIT: Btw, they accept PayPal and shipping to Virginia was less than $6.00 (The book is $39.95).

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up!

Shipping to Germany is (of course) quite expensive, but from what I've read about the Hog Guide it's worth it... and while I was scrolling through their publications, somehow the Legacy Hornet Guide ended up in my shopping cart, too :music_whistling:

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

65 $ included shipping to European for only one book, sorry it's too expensive

Shipping from the U.S. to Europe is not cheap. However, I can't help pointing out that when the 1st edition would occasionally show up on Ebay (after it was out of print), it was far more expensive than that.

Of course, everyone has their own spending limits.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Uh oh, this could turn out expensive. A-10, F-18, F-16 (I still believe), F-15 guide's.

Thanks for the tip, now I just have to decide.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thanks!

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did I see that correctly, $40 for a book on the A10? Question, is it just general information or something more directed toward DCS like a manual? No offense, but that seems a bit overpriced by about $15 - $20.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals