Operation Hot Chocolate Mission Update and Expansion - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Datek

Default Operation Hot Chocolate Mission Update and Expansion

A single player mission experience updated for the P-51, FW 190, BF 109, and now available the F-86 and Mig-15. A multiplayer version including all of these aircraft (2 of each type) is also now available.

Mission briefing example (Mustang Edition)

You are a civilian pilot contracted by the CIA. Normally they have you flying mysterious cargo around in old prop driven cargo planes, but today they have a special mission for you. A WW2 era American fighter was recently confiscated from a local crime lord who was a WW2 buff and collector. We need it transferred to our team stationed at Kutaisi airfield. It has a couple bombs attached to it and we don't have a qualified crew here to remove it, or an EOD team to dispose of them, so they are going along for the ride with you. Fly the confiscated P-51D and the bombs from Vaziani airfield to Kutaisi airfield. Follow any additional instructions from your handler.

Total mission time approx 45 min-1 hour. Cold start from the ramp, take off, navigate using waypoints, land, and taxi to the specified area. Additional instructions will be provided. Includes a ground attack, a story, and a little humor. Fully voiced. *Installation instructions: Download and place the file in C:/users/(username)/Saved Games/DCS/Missions

Update 12/2016 Adjusted the wind to get ATC on board with the correct taxiway, blocked the wrong taxiway with a cargo plane, added some theme music, and cleaned up a few minor issues.
Update 11/2016 Operation Hot Chocolate just got hotter…

- Added well-spoken Scottish voice actor ‘Deephack’ as Darkwing. https://www.youtube.com/user/deephack
- Added 39 additional lines of voice acting.
- Added package delivery notification.
- Added Bullwinkle’s Command Post.
- Added a surveillance drone.
- Added a soldier to the taxiway.
- Added a few troops to the target area. Trucks will not disperse now.
- Changed some vehicle types and nationalities, and adjusted some of their positions.
- Adjusted some of the waypoint positions.
- Modified the radio channels and briefing.
- Removed the optional objective ‘fire a flare’ requirement from the BF-109 version.
- Secret Squirrel has dismounted her vehicle wearing her best Russian Paratrooper disguise.

Please use this thread to provide feedback and report any bugs. Enjoy!

Mustang Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2098242/
Dora Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2099307/
Kurfurst Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2092193/
Sabre Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2190081/
Fagot Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2190085/
Multiplayer Edition https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2190300/

Last edited by Datek; 12-11-2016 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Formatting and grammar.
Datek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
dresoccer4

fun! i've played this with the different planes when i want a chill out mission
dresoccer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
Datek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresoccer4 View Post
fun! i've played this with the different planes when i want a chill out mission
Thanks dresoccer4, I'm glad you're enjoying them! The Spitfire edition will be coming soon.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Justificus

Hmmm, missed this the first time around, will have to download and check it out when I get home tonight. Thanks for sharing!

System Specs:
Spoiler:
i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus Rift, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16
Justificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:48 AM   #6
Datek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justificus View Post
Hmmm, missed this the first time around, will have to download and check it out when I get home tonight. Thanks for sharing!
Great! let me know what you think about it after flying it.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Hey Datek, flew this last night. Nice fun little mission that doesn't take itself too seriously. Had a couple minor issues..taxied to 14 instead of 32 (don't remember what ATC said) and consequently didn't get the first message from Bullwinkle until I was airborne. Maybe put a second zone at the threshold of 14 using an OR condition.

VOs were entertaining and the radio beeps were nice, but you might consider applying a filter to the sound files to make them sound a bit more like a radio transmission/earpiece.

All in all a good time, thanks for sharing!
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
Datek

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Hey Datek, flew this last night. Nice fun little mission that doesn't take itself too seriously. Had a couple minor issues..taxied to 14 instead of 32 (don't remember what ATC said) and consequently didn't get the first message from Bullwinkle until I was airborne. Maybe put a second zone at the threshold of 14 using an OR condition.

VOs were entertaining and the radio beeps were nice, but you might consider applying a filter to the sound files to make them sound a bit more like a radio transmission/earpiece.

All in all a good time, thanks for sharing!
Awesome feedback, thanks! I put a truck and some cargo on the ramp to try to direct you to my triggered taxi way. Maybe I can redirect the wind to get ATC on board with the plan. I'll start using the filters more in the future for voice overs.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 AM   #10
Datek

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
A 3 m/s tailwind should be enough to get them to switch to 32
That did the trick, thanks for the pro tip!