DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Doesn't work for me either...

I tried installing MS NET 4.5 (4.6 actually), looked at the export.lua, looked in the script folders as stated above and tried to configure the mic and speakers correctly. No joy at all.

I still have three red dots with "no radio" and "unknown" in all three radio channels...

Hopefully it will work somehow, cause this thing will be a gamebraker!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

From the site before:

I ran into a few problems a couple of days before and found out some interesting things:

If any of you had DCS Beta installed and then used the updater commands to convert it into the Stable version or Alpha to Stable (yes, that is possible), there are some things to look out for.

First is the saved games folder which contains iterations of every DCS version you have/had installed. If you change your version from Beta to Stable, it seems that the Stable version "collects" data from your "\saved games\dcs.openbeta". Now SRS is installing it's files into "\saved games\DCS" and that probably conflicts.

If you run into problems cross-check your installation folder for a text file name "dcs_variant.txt". That file needs to contain nothing, it has to be empty as it is directly linked to your "\saved games\" folder-iteration.

This will create a new savegame called "DCS" and you can just copy everything from your "DCS.openbeta" folder to the one for the Stable version. Run a repair, re-install SRS and you should be finde.

Please double-check as that file may link to the wrong savegame and cause problems.

I tried installing MS NET 4.5 (4.6 actually), looked at the export.lua, looked in the script folders as stated above and tried to configure the mic and speakers correctly. No joy at all.

I still have three red dots with "no radio" and "unknown" in all three radio channels...

Please see quote below :)

If you're having trouble, please post a screenshot of your saved games/DCS/Scripts folder

Please also post your export.lua from that folder in this thread.

Which server did you all try connecting too as the overlay won't show a radio frequency until connected?

JSGME is not required as you should not be touching any of your DCS installation folder.

Please also post your client radio logs and the version of SimpleRadio you're using. Right click on the client and go properties to see the version.

Which antivirus and windows version will also help?

Sorry for the trouble, we'll get there :)

You can also try the testing version linked above but you'll only be able to connect to a local server on 127.0.0.1 to test the dcs sync is ok

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

From the site before:

Thanks for the quick answear! Sadly, i don't run a stable DCS version on my system right now. Only OpenBeta and OpenAlpha. I looked up the "dcs_variant" file and the only content in it is "openbeta" and "openalpha" acordingly.

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Sorry, must have missed that one:

Tried to connect to the local server (127.0.0.1) and also to servers stated in this thead (e.g. TAW SRS Server 37.59.10.136). The connection was sucessfull on both servers.

SimpleRadio Version 1.1.5.0

No Antivirus only Win10 Defender and Firewal.

Thanks for the great support!

Please find the screenshot, clientlog and export.lua attached.

Export.lua

Scirpts_OpenBeta.thumb.jpg.89d26371952193ef364810c7a3e70612.jpg

clientlog.txt

Sorry, must have missed that one:

Tried to connect to the local server (127.0.0.1) and also to servers stated in this thead (e.g. TAW SRS Server 37.59.10.136). The connection was sucessfull on both servers.

SimpleRadio Version 1.1.5.0

No Antivirus only Win10 Defender and Firewal.

Thanks for the great support!

Please find the screenshot, clientlog and export.lua attached.

[ATTACH]146168[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]146169[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]146170[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

Try removing these lines:

function LuaExportStart()
end
function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()
end
function LuaExportAfterNextFrame()
end
function LuaExportStop()
end
function LuaExportActivityNextEvent(t)
local tNext = t
return tNext
end

As they're not needed just the line:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Everything looks ok...

Out of interest have you installed the Windows 10 anniversary patch?

After connecting to the server (running locally on 127.0.0.1), which aircraft are you jumping in?

You can also try changing SR.unicast = false to true:

SR.unicast = true

At the top of both the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua and DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua files in your DCS.openbeta folder

Would you mind just double checking that the SR-Client.exe is definitely added to the windows firewall as well?

Sorry for the trouble!

BTW if you do have multiple script folders, i.e DCS.openbeta, DCS.openbeta, just run the installer and it will automatically sort it out for the multiple folders :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

It's working! Thanks so much Ciribob!

The trick with deleting the lines in the export.lua's did it!

Now off for some testing! Excellent work!

Great! Glad to hear it :)

Quick update on progress...

As the programmers here, if there are any, will know... Sometimes you start changing something and get a bit overzealous....

Attached is a screenshot of the monstrosity the Radio Overlay has become!

The idea is to add a tab control to each radio where the encryption settings (and other things) can be changed for Mirage, Gazelle, F15c and any other aircraft that supports encryption. This means you can change the key on the Fly now :)

The intercom is now separated out into a special radio so when the Gazelle multicrew is released, that should be easy to add as well giving you 3 radios and pilot intercom.

In theory, the stutter for receiving multiple transmissions is fixed by that testing release and as soon as someone confirms I'll release it.

The new overlay work will carry on to the GCI panel but the GCI panel with the 8-10 radios probably won't make this release.

Separately, I've had to abandon by method of checking line of sight using the DCS engine and have instead switched to a different way, still using DCS but by directly importing the Terrain dlls into the Export file which again means no shadow maps and the radio should automatically support any DCS map as its directly utilising DCS which is great!

I've got a busy week again but I'll keep plugging away at this.

Order will now likely be:

• Release Stutter fix once confirmed
  • Release New Overlay
  • Release GCI Panel
  • Implement & Release distance limitations
  • Implement & Release Line of Sight limitations
  • Audio enhancements & UI Tweaks & Everything else

update.thumb.JPG.c3eeb9553a1ce7c6c0ebefe51854ed7f.JPG

cant find a way to do button 6 + button 2 for radio 1

button 2 for radio 2

Did I missed something ?

I have it done like this (see diagram)

HOTAS buttons marked Red Green and Blue I use for modifiers in DCS settings already.

T16000m button 14 "TrackIR Ctr" I set for simple radio Channels #1,2 and 3 with Red, Green and Blue as modifiers in the same way.

Hotas X button 5 set as Common PTT and away to go

Tip With all these modifiers I find it useful to keep the diagram up on monitor 2. I'd never remember the differences between plane layouts otherwise ;)

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

For me THIS worked aswell!

There was just something like "dofile...A10..."

i think this messed it up

Thank you both for support!

Hi, I'm using a Tusba (http://realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html) for my Throttle and I have a problem with simple radio. I'd like to use the hat normally allocated to the radios in the F-16 with simple radios as well but it doesn't recognise the hat as 4 separate buttons. Only as one swicth always on. Is there any way around that ?

I found a fix. It's not pretty but it works. Hope it helps the other Tusba owners.

First, change the setting on the Tusba to have NO center position (to change this, you have to unplug your controller, maintain the RDR CURSOR/ENABLE swith pressed and plug it back in).

Then, open Simple Radio and assign whatever radio switch you want.

And finally, re-enable the center positions (unplug, depress RDR CURSOR/ENABLE, replug).

And voilà ! It works !

BTW I don't think you can do much about this Ciribob, It would be nice to have RealSimulator work on their software tho.

Yeah its been bugging me for a while. I can't find a volume control anywhere in the cockpit... Because of the way the system is written, I cant give you volume control without letting you also change the radio frequency...

In the interim, I could assign it to the same control as VHF1? Or can you find the control? :)

See page 144 (DCS-BS_Manual_EN.pdf located at foinikas.org) for Automatic Direction Finder (ADF) ARK-22. See #3. I believe this is the volume control for the R-800L1 (page 174). The R-800L1 has a switch (indicated by #4 on page 174) which switches it to ADF mode. Since it's either or it stands to reason they wouldn't use two volume controls, but rather just the one.

See page 144 (DCS-BS_Manual_EN.pdf located at foinikas.org) for Automatic Direction Finder (ADF) ARK-22. See #3. I believe this is the volume control for the R-800L1 (page 174). The R-800L1 has a switch (indicated by #4 on page 174) which switches it to ADF mode. Since it's either or it stands to reason they wouldn't use two volume controls, but rather just the one.

Hmmm the other ADF does seem to work independently from the R-800 as I can tune the R-800 in and the ARK-22 but it's a spare knob that says volume so i'll use it for now unless anyone can find a better one? Thanks BodyOrgan :)

Hmmm the other ADF does seem to work independently from the R-800 as I can tune the R-800 in and the ARK-22 but it's a spare knob that says volume so i'll use it for now unless anyone can find a better one? Thanks BodyOrgan :)

The ARK-22 works independently from the R-800L, the "ARK switch" is to use the R-800L1 in "directional mode" to point to the radio emitter.

But as a "stop gap, it´s the only solution.

I see what you mean. I read the section a bit closer, and you slave it when you want to point the RMI needle to a frequency not in those presets. Still, it's probably an okay stop gap.

I really like the progress here Ciribob, awesome work

Thanks! Aiming for a late Sunday release :)

I see what you mean. I read the section a bit closer, and you slave it when you want to point the RMI needle to a frequency not in those presets. Still, it's probably an okay stop gap.

I agree, its in for the next release :)

Quick update. The monster is improved!

In the next release you'll be able to pick the Encryption Key for:

• F-15C
  • Gazelle
  • Mirage
  • A-10A

In the overlay. For the F15c/A-10A you'll also be able to toggle the encryption via the overlay but the rest will use the In-Cockpit controls. A10Cs Radio codes will be 1 - 5 but everyone else can pick between 1-253

Sounds effects will come for Encryption but still not for a while yet, sorry!

1716913906_m2000cenc2.JPG.8001039046b6f2eb22461df358efed0a.JPG

M2000-Encryption.JPG.7f2a4c144ceba4ed977a370ab5304836.JPG

Edited by Ciribob

Mine has stopped working. it seems i am connecting but i am no longer getting radio channels up? they are all just reading zero?

Check your export.lua script. I had the same problem with two radio mods enabled at the same time. Comment out all other mods with two dashes -- and try again.