Gazelle Live Stream - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
Wags
ED Team

Default Gazelle Live Stream

Dear all,

On Sunday, April 10 at 1200 US Pacific Time, Polychop and I plan do to a Youtube livestream of the Gazelle. Next week we plan to move the Gazelle into test, and we think this is a great time to start showing off the near-final product. In addition to me trying my hand at flying the Gazelle, the Polychop team will be on chat to answer Gazelle questions posted in this thread.

https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/U...qSzAVrlw#tab=1

In addition to showing off the Gazelle, we will also be providing a first look at a massive texture overhaul DLC of the Caucasus map done by Starway. More information on this will be coming.

Please post your Gazelle questions here for Polychop.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by Wags; 04-06-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Will multicrew support be available at release?
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

The Sa-342 Gazelle module include HOT and Scout variant, or have separate modules?

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #4
Bearfoot

Some questions on how the crewing works. From other posts/videos, it seems that weapons can only be fired from the left-seat aircraft commander position.

(1) In single-player (no multicrew), I assume that the AI pilot takes over at this point? If so, do we have to get to the aircraft in a stable hover before handing off to the AI pilot? Or will the AI pilot take over flight no matter what the state of the aircraft? Once we get to the aircraft commander seat, how much control do we have over how the AI pilot flies the aircraft? Can we tell it to come to a hover from a fast forward flight? Or vice versa?

(2) Conversely, if the player is occupying the pilot seat, can he/she give any instructions to the aircraft commander to fire? etc.

(3) If the player is sitting in the aircraft commander position, are the flight controls still active? I.e., pushing cycling etc.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #5
Bearfoot

Could you please provide details or at least a conceptual overview on how the recon mission will work? We've heard that there will be special support for the recon mission hard-coded into the Gazelle. Does this mean that, e.g., if a specific target is in the LOS of the Gazelle some event will be triggered?

EDIT: will the recon mission profile of the Gazelle only work if the mission editor creator specifically puts in triggers etc.? Or is it more general. E.g., can I just create a mission with a player Gazelle and an Apache and, say an enemy tank on the map and have the Gazelle spot for the Apache. E.g., I fly a Gazelle and if I see a target of interest I can somehow pass this information to the Apache (which will then "see" it the same time and the follow its on ROE or actions accordingly)? Or do I have to create a specific mission trigger that, when the player sees something, a task is pushed or a flag is set or something else that results in a change in the Apache AI behavior.

Last edited by Bearfoot; 04-06-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #6
aboodspin

is it going to have campaign just like
Iraq-iran war?
it was involved in the 80s in the war..

Last edited by aboodspin; 04-10-2016 at 03:58 AM.
aboodspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #7
Aginor
Veteran

Are the following effects modeled?
- fog / icing
- overheating / overstressing of the engine or other parts

Last edited by Aginor; 04-06-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
bart

1. Has a price for the Gazelle module been decided yet?, are you guy's having a pre-purchase for the module?

2. I noticed in the excellent start up video you released you mentioned a fully functional navigation system on the Gazelle, what functions will be available on the system?

3. Will there be an English cockpit option included in the module Special options tab in game?

This one for Wags if I may.....

Q. The new textures that are going to be shown, will these be part of the standard Caucasus map upgrade in 2.5 or a separate DLC? (This upgrade sounds awesome BTW ).
i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Last edited by bart; 04-07-2016 at 07:55 PM.
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
possumkiller

Can't wait! I love Starway's northern Europe textures.
possumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #10
Skjold

What is the maximun range of the HOT 3 missile?
Which sub variant of the gazelle will be added first post launch? SNEB? 20 mm? etc.

For Wags: Since you mention that the texture overhaul is a "DLC", does that mean that it is paid content?

Last edited by Skjold; 04-06-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Skjold is offline   Reply With Quote