reversal aileron and elevator trim

sport02

- joystick ffb2 microsoft ( x , y )

- trim rudder + trim aileron on saitek pro flight quadrant throttle

- trim elevator on saitek x45 ( throttle ) , 3 axes joystick x45 desactived

- saitek rudder pedal ( rz )

- simwheel for buttons ( axes desactived )

all that run well with DCS A10 , BS2 .

I wanna see your come back to that list Joey ;)

Is this good enough for you...:)

Reverse the trim n see what happens??

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Do this:

DCS Options > Controls > select P-51D Real / Axis Commands > click inside the MSFFB2 row > click on the "FF Tune" Box > Check "Swap Axis"

It is working in the A-10/Ka-50 because you must have done it already some time ago , but you probably forgot to do the same for the P-51D.

Edited by PeterP

thank ,

Now I haven' t reversal beetween aileron trim and elevator trim , it's ok .

But the action of each trim is not good :

- the plane go down when it must go up

- the plane go at right when it must go at left .

Also I note that only one trim-aileron on the wings-aircraft move instead of two-aileron ( usually : on up and the other down )

and the action on trim elevator only run if I take the joy in my hand .

Edited by sport02

It's not that I want to said :

The action of each trim ( when I take the joy ) is not good when I look at the aircraft ailerons .

For exemple if I see the trim-elevator go down on the aircraft , the plane must go down also but it's the other way actually .

Now the action on trim aileron run ( the plane move ) if I take the joy in my hand also as I had describe for trim elevator in the next message .

Without touch the ffb stick the plane should move when I use trim , usually it's run like that on other plane-sim !!

On your aircraft the two trim-aileron move or not ?

now also trim-rudder is inverted .

Edited by sport02

It's not that I want to said :

The action of each trim ( when I take the joy ) is not good when I look at the aircraft ailerons .

For exemple if I see the trim-elevator go down on the aircraft , the plane must go down also but it's the other way actually .

Now the action on trim aileron run ( the plane move ) if I take the joy in my hand also as I had describe for trim elevator in the next message .

Without touch the ffb stick the plane should move when I use trim , usually it's run like that on other plane-sim !!

On your aircraft the two trim-aileron move or not ?

now also trim-rudder is inverted .

First things first:

Are the controls behaving like they should in flight?

Means:

Turning elevator trim forward = nose down and stick FFB forward (when having enough airflow)?

Turning aileron trim left = left wing down and FFB stick Left (when having enough airflow)?

Turning rudder-trim right = turning right in flight ?

Is this how it works now for you? Did you got it sorted in the controllers options ?

About what you see:

moving nose down = Trim Tabs up

Seems you have to read/think a little about the basic concept of trim-tabs...

Trim-tabs aren't chained to your stick.

Means they only move the controllable surface via drag. Here is a Image:

chapter_4_img_31.jpg

As you can see - the tabs (small parts at the end of the elevator in this schematic image) are have to deflect in the opposite direction - so they "drag" the elevator in the wanted position that is changing your flight path.

Once again:

Moving the trim-tab in the Airflow = produces drag that Moves the whole control surface opposite to the deflection of the trim-tab.

>

This also moves your stick.

About other sims/airplanes:

What air-planes what other simulations?

You have to distinguish how the control-surfaces are moved in a specific plane.

If a air-plane moves the control surfaces via hydraulic and/or motors ,

your trim moves the e.g. aileron directly and you use the trim-tabs only in emergencies. (hydraulic failure / loose of energy)

This method will result that you have a moving stick/horn according your trim even on ground when there is no airflow.

Have a look here:

But if you are flying a plane that moves the surfaces only via pulleys and wires - you will move the surfaces like described at the beginning at my post.

This method will result that you have a moving stick/horn according your trim only when there is enough airflow.

(BTW: DCS has the best FFB-Trim implementation I ever saw in a Flight-Sim)

Also I note that only one trim-aileron on the wings-aircraft move instead of two-aileron ( usually : on up and the other down )

and the action on trim elevator only run if I take the joy in my hand .

No, I can't acknowledge this - both trim-tabs at the wings moving as they should.

See attached track.

P-51D DCS 1.2.2 Trim-tabs moving.trk

Edited by PeterP

thank very much ,

I make a big mistake about the working of the trim , and it's run like as you say in your '' first things first ''

(conclusion : ffb must run for trim aileron and elevator ( not for ruddder trim , of course ) but not all the time !!!? and you can never let the stick as in real life )

As you show in your track yours two trim-tabs moving ( but your plane d' ont move ) , and not for me my right trim-tabs d' ont move since I Check Swap Axis , and I can' t re-establish it for the moment .

... I try again ( stopped on the runway ) and now I see that right trim-tab move only when I move the stick ( rolling ) .

at last I understand nothing

Edited by sport02